Glorious views; lovely furnishings; helpful manager; a wonderful stay
Submitted: January 20, 2011
Stayed: January 2010
We have now stayed twice at Casa Oceano, a week each stay. Each time our visit ended, we consulted our calendars to see when we might return. If it isn't paradise, it'll do until the real one comes along.
Here, in no particular order, are the best features of the property:
1) Rosie, the in-town property manager: incredibly helpful both prior to and during the trip. Don't be shy about asking her advice. And take advantage of her willingness to stock up the refrigerator prior to your arrival (a small fee is involved--as well as the cost of the food, of course--but it's worth many times the price.
2) The view! The view! The view! Breakfast on the deck, overlooking the bay, might just last you the entire day, because why in the world would you want to leave?
3) The bedrooms and baths--very large, well-appointed, comfortable beds (and firm, for those of us with troublesome backs).
4) The kitchen: well organized, good supplies, nicely opens to the central living room/dining room.
5) Living room/dining room: incredibly bright and airy during the day (although during the day, why wouldn't you want to be on the deck?); the dining table is inviting and comfortable.
6) The pool: about a minute's walk from the house, also with a lovely view and comfortable outdoor furniture; we were alone there every time we went (this nice feature may, of course, be different if you visit at an extremely popular time, although we were there each time in January, which was fairly busy).
7) The maid staff--prompt, thorough, and although we had pitifully little Spanish and they had equally little English, things were communicated. Be sure to tip them--they earn it!
8) The Chopers (owners): Extremely helpful; they obviously love this home, and it reflects that love.
9) The town of San Jose: why would anyone would go West, towards Cabo San Lucas? San Jose is a lovely town to walk around in, with very good dining and (dare I say it?) shopping.
Thanks to the Chopers for making our fantastic holiday possible.
Did you find this review helpful?