Rowayton House Rental Photos and Description
This is your perfect getaway from the City. Rowayton is only a 50 minutes drive by car or by train to Manhattan. It is perfect for families and couples who want to relax and enjoy the outdoor life and activities, such as playing tennis, biking, running, paddle boarding and kayaking on Farm Creek or the Long Island Sound.
The house has a large fenced garden all around the house and a private dock with paddle boards and a kayak. It is only steps away from the beach and public tennis courts.
The house has an open kitchen and dining room and large living room with wood burning fireplace, each with spectacular views over the water and the Farm Creek Preserve. All bedrooms are spacious and bright with beautiful views!
- Private dock with swimming ladder, kayak and 2 paddle boards.
- 50 minutes by train from Grand Central, NYC.
- Master bedroom with king size bed and private bathroom (rest room, jacuzzi bath and separate shower and 2 sinks) and private balcony.
- 2nd bedroom with queen size bed.
- 3rd bedroom with queen size bed.
- 4th bedroom with kids bunk bed (twin size) + + toddler crib
- 2nd Bathroom (shower/bath and rest room and two sinks)
- Downstairs rest room with sink
- Kitchen and dining room have fantastic views on farm creek and the nature reservation.
- Living room with wood fireplace.
- TV (kids play) room with sleeping sofa and Google TV (including free Netflix) and lots of kids toys.
- Free wireless internet
- SONO music system
- Washer and dryer
- 2 adult bicycles (2 child seats), 1 'bakfiets', 3 child bicycles (5yr, 4yr and 3yr)
- Large gas BBQ
- Outside dining table with large parasol
- Kids inflatable swimming pool
- Kids soccer goals
- brand new (2013) ceder wood playhouse with slide, rockwall, monkey bars and swingsets (3). Perfect for kids to entertain tehmselves and for parents to get a break
- yard fenced kids friendly
- ice skating at SoNo Ice House in Norwalk (sonoicehouse.com) at 5 minutes
- cross country skiing
- skiing in Woodbury, approximately 1h15 drive (woodburyskiarea.com/winter/index.html)
- Aquarium and IMAX theater in Norwalk, 8min drive
- sledding (great large field at 2 min walk from the house)
- Chelsea Piers in Stamford (chelseapiersct.com), 10 min drive
- 200yards walk from Bailey Beach (Guest pass included)
- 500yards walk from private beach Pine Point Beach Association (guest pass included)
- Sunday evening Bailey Beach summer concerts
- 200yards walk to 5 public tennis courts
- Restaurants: Rowayton Seafood, SAIL
- Rowayton Farm Creek Nature Preserve, beautiful walk and bike trails
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
About Julie Nieuweweme
My husband and I are from Amsterdam, the Netherlands and moved to NYC 12 years ago. We have 4 kids ages 1, 4, 5 and 6. We both love the vibe and energy of the City but (especially) with kids we got to appreciate the quiet time outside the City as well. A few years ago we discovered Rowayton, a beautiful and friendly beach town. We bought our house in 2011 and have spent most of our weekends there since.
Julie Nieuweweme purchased this house in 2011
Why Julie Nieuweweme chose Rowayton
It is the perfect place to relax! It really feels like vacation when you are there; the beach, the beautiful views and amazing coastline, the sunset, nature, the outdoor activities make it a unique getaway!
Guestbook comments from the owner
We had a wonderful experience with our 3 kids (3, 5, 7years). The yard is spacious and the kids can run around. It is fenced off very nicely so the kids cannot go anywhere. The lifeguard adirondack chairs are a great way to relax and enjoy the views over farm creek preserve while the kids are kayaking and swimming in the creek and jumping off the private dock. It is a 2min walk to beautiful and quite private beaches. Tennis courts are around the corner and for free. We bbq-ed every night with views on the water and having a true nature feeling in the yard. This is the ideal summer escape. My husband travelled to the city a couple of times for work (only 50 minute train commute). The owners are very helpful in making your stay an unforgettable one.