|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Make the most of your trip to Mammoth by renting our Sunstone Lodge condo directly from us! Enjoy the premier mountainside location of the Juniper Springs area. During the warmer months, enjoy a peaceful and scenic mountain setting with easy access to all of the outdoor recreation that Mammoth offers. In the winter, enjoy true ski-in ski-out convenience....Sunstone Lodge is located on the ski run just above the base of the new high speed Eagle Express chairlift. Enjoy balcony views to the ski slope. Ski or ride right to the lift in the morning and right to Sunstone Lodge at the end of the day.
Built in 2001, Sunstone Lodge also stands out at Mammoth because it offers modern luxury. The new interior has a mountain feel and includes wood trim and blinds, natural colors, and wood furniture. Modern amenities include free cable internet, a remote controlled gas fireplace, digital cable, a CD stereo, a full modern kitchen, and an espresso maker. The building has a private outdoor pool and hot tub. Secure underground parking is provided.
If we show booked ask about our other 2BD at Sunstone Lodge!
Stayed 6 nights and unfortunately did not sleep so well. Units above and below are rented through either Expedia or Hotels.com....so there appeared to be someone new every night. The first night a group from Europe had a big party until at least 2:30 am. And it seemed there were new people each and every night. When we arrived we found the inside window of the stove broken and a dining room chair very unstable. I reported these two things to the property manager but never did receive any response to those issues. The owner is paying for the services of the property management so its a shame they don't respond with at least a call back saying 'thank you for bringing this to our attention".
Overall, the property has changed since the last time I rented it.
Lots of kids just roaming around unsupervised, lots of drinking at the pool, and noisy people with no regard for other guests.
I really wanted to like Sunstone but kept repeating myself saying 'it wasn't like this 5 years ago". Now I find myself saying...."we won't be back.".
This is our second weekend in this unit and we've booked it for 2 more! Its fully loaded and easy access to Eagle Lift, ski in/ ski out! It has a nice deck with a beautiful view of the White Mountains. The beds are comfortable, the kitchen outfitted and we really have enjoyed the accommodations. Definitely recommend!
What a great 4th of July! We got a great rate last minute on this property and our family of 5 had a terrific time over the 4th of July weekend in Mammoth. The unit is located int he center of the building and we could watch our kids in the pool from the balcony. This location is great for hiking and mountain biking, and is about 1 mile from town. Prior to making our reservation we inquired about the plumbing issue on the previous review and were assured by the owner that it was fixed...we did not have any problems. Super clean and well maintained and good response from owner. Take advantage of the bbq in the pool area. Overall a great deal for the price in the summer, quieter than Juniper Springs Lodge, great for families with kids...just not sure we can afford it in the winter! :)
We unfortunately did not have as good a stay as the earlier reviewer when we stayed here recently (July 2011) with a family of 6.
- Got a last minute discount as I booked late and in off-season.
- A very clean unit. Spotless.
- All amenities were included, but wish they had ceiling fans. We had requested table fans, but only one room had it. But since this was a second floor unit in a three story building, it was not getting very hot and was manageble in the nights.
- Nice resort location, expecially in Winter where you can ski in and out to the chair lifts.
- This unit has a swimming pool view. If I bend forward in the balcony and look to the right, I see the "mountain view" as shown in the photo. Also, I don't know from where the photo was taken which shows the balcony with an arrow. This unit has no view other than the swimming pool. There are a lot of units in the same building with nice mountain views. Consider them.
- There was a plumbing problem because of which whenever someone takes a shower in the unit above us, water was leaking all over the place in our Master bathroom!! So one of the bathrooms was unusable. 6 of us had to manage with only one bathroom. The housekeeping staff inspected it, but no repairs were done. This is not a direct reflection on the condition of the unit, but still caused an inconvenience.
So.... a nice place and we had a nice trip, but there are better places out there, especially in Summer.
My family and I had a great time in Mammoth. I almost hate to rave about this place, part of me wants to keep it a secret, but that wouldn't be fair to the owners. It is clean, quiet, everything worked and it is in a great location. For my family and I it was perfect and within our limited budget. This was a great family vacation. A big Thank You to the owners, they are friendly and very easy to work with. you will not be dissapointed with this unit.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
May 1 2015 - May 31 2015
2 night minimum stay
Jun 1 2015 - Sep 30 2015
2 night minimum stay