This pristine high mountain retreat is nestled in the tall pines of a 100 acre private ranch beside the Moreno Creek. Just north of Eagle Next, NM. This is a three level newly remodeled luxury home featuring 6 bedrooms, 5 full bathrooms, gourmet kitchen, wrap around deck, two living rooms, kitchenette in lower level, two five piece master suites, and much more. This high mountain retreat is a perfect set up for family reunions, executive retreats, multifamily gatherings, honeymoons, *weddings, and anniversaries. The home comes with walking and hiking access to the 100 acre ranch, creek, and patio fire place.
* there is an additional 2000 sq ft lodge available for separate rental for meetings or wedding space as well as many outdoor areas for parties receptions and weddings.
This cabin was an awesome place to stay and worked perfectly with the size of group we had! The layout was perfect also because it aloud us to be either all together in one area or if someone wanted to rest after the day skiing they could go to a separate floor. The renters are amazing and they work really well with schedule and are very easy to communicate with! I would recommend this cabin to anyone wanting to plan a trip for multiple people in the summer or winter seasons.
Overall our stay at the cabin was very good to excellent. The cabin was neat and clean and very modern. Our group ranged from 60 to 9 months old, and we all had a great time. The kids really enjoyed playing in the creek as well as some fishing. The ranch hand brought the horses down to the headquarters early one morning, and the whole group got a kick out of watching them run. We cooked a few big meals, and the kitchen worked out great. The whole family spent most of the weekend out on the decks that surround the house during the day, and around the outdoor fireplace in the evenings. We were also treated to watching a herd of elk grazing in a meadow on the mountainside across the highway from the house one evening. The only downside to the trip was that we happened to be there on a weekend where the daytime highs approached 80 degrees. This made it somewhat uncomfortable for those folks staying on the upper floor. We would recommend that you bring a couple of box fans to help move air up in those bedrooms. Other than that minor inconvenience, we had an outstanding trip, and would highly recommend this cabin to a large group or family.
My husband and I came here for the first few days of our honeymoon, and we wish we had stayed longer! It was the best and most relaxing part of our honeymoon. The cabin was beautiful, well furnished, clean, and private. There were even a few extras given to us as congratulations (a beautiful flower arrangement and sparkling wine). We loved it! By the time we left, the cabin had started to feel like home.
We also enjoyed day-trips into Taos and Santa Fe from the ranch, with wonderful scenic drives.
6 of us stayed here in July 2014. Overall, we were very pleased. In this review, I'll try to touch on a few points that I care about in reading other reviews:
* House was very nice. The pictures on the VRBO don't show some of the nicest features of the house.
* Kitchen was well-supplied with equipment (blender, reasonable knives, etc). The owners have gone to a lot of trouble to ensure that everything you need for cooking is there. There is also a well-stocked community spice shelf. Lots of plates and cups for large parties.
* For parties with small children: a restaurant-style high chair is available. The stairs to the the third story does not have a door, so I would recommend bringing a child door.
* Weather in July was perfect (mid 60s)!
Things worth noting:
* The ranch is long and skinny, meaning that you are near a road. While road noise is not that noticeable, it is there and you will see cars.
* Very little information is provided on things to do in the area. Research before coming.
* The closest supermarket is about 20 minutes away.
We spent four wonderful days with our kids and grand-kids.There was more than enough room for four families . We saw big game(elk) and small game(chipmunks).t The view was great and the on-sight manager was very willing to help us in any way.When we are back in Eagle Nest, we'll try to stay here again!