Wildlife Manor is a brand new home in the Mountains of Boone, North Carolina, just finished in 2012. This is a terrific gathering place for families to enjoy time together inside the home (with all the amenities provided) as well as out in the surrounding mountains due to it`s central location of Boone, North Carolina. You can enjoy all the mountains have to offer close by in Blowing Rock, Valle Crucis, Banner Elk, Grandfather Mountain, Sugar Mountain and Beech Mountain.
This home has been beautifully built and outfitted with wonderful wood accents throughout. All the beds, dressers, and the kitchen table and chairs were custom built by a local craftsman out of gorgeous aromatic cedar. Virtually everything in this house is new.
The kitchen is quite large, easily accommodating many hands to help create the meals for the group. The kitchen is also part of the great room where you do not have to be left out of the gathering, but rather can be intimately integrated in whatever is going on in the great room of the house. There is both a full size stainless steel freezer as well as a full size stainless steel refrigerator. All the counter space provides plenty of room for preparing meals as well as accommodating the dishes as they need to be cleaned up. A large stainless steel sink and Bosch dish washer help the job get done!
The Master Bedroom has it`s own private covered porch for the private quiet morning cup of coffee, enjoying the sunrise, or just enjoying the peace and quiet of the clean fresh mountain air any time of the day. The Master Bath is a wonderful experience all in itself, with custom made double vanities, a dual head large tiled shower, a private water closet, and a large walk in closet. Each Bedroom has a wildlife theme, so come and enjoy the Wildlife Manor. Will you stay in the Master 'Bear' Room, the Wolf Room, the Moose Room or the Deer Room?
The living room is luxuriously outfitted with a large sectional leather couch that has a pull out queen sleeper sofa (that can sleep 2). The living room also has a great lazy boy chair, a stone gas fireplace, and a large flat screen TV with great surround sound (Surround sound is being installed, but can`t be guaranteed until this qualification is removed from this website). The Living Room TV can be seen & enjoyed from the loft, dining room and kitchen as well.
Just off the living room and dining room is a lovely porch with a beautiful long range view of the mountains. Come out on the deck and enjoy the peace, quiet, and cool mountain air in one of the gliders, or have a nice private lunch or dinner for 4 at the outdoor dining table under the covered porch.
Now ... let`s head downstairs to the first floor Entertainment Center! Wow! Now this floor is just filled with about everything you could want. Come to this floor to play cards at a custom built game table, play pool, play ping pong, play darts, watch a great sporting event while playing pool, go to the Hot Tub, or go to the Theatre for a great movie on a 115 inch projection screen with an awesome 8 speaker surround sound system! This is a great area for when you get home from your great day of activities, or for those days you won`t be out hiking, biking, skiing, enjoying Tweetsie Railroad, or shopping in Blowing Rock!
The Large Bonus Room is tucked away in a private location over the garage; this is another great getaway. There are two Queen sized futons there (providing sleeping for up to 4), another flat screen TV with an XBox attached, games, a piano, and a great infant play area with infant toys, rocking chair and padded letter and number floor puzzle.
As you think about whether this house is right for your group (which we hope that it is!), here is a brief description of how the accommodations are laid out throughout the house:
Main Floor - Main Living Area:
- Master Bedroom Suite with King Bed, and wall mounted flat screen TV (Sleeps 2)
- Huge Master Bath with Large Double shower and His and Her vanities, private water closet & walk-in-closet.
- Spacious and professionally outfitted Kitchen
- Large Dining Table that comfortably seats 12 in one sitting
- Living Room with luxurious leather furniture and gas stone fireplace
- Living Room leather couch has pull out sofa (sleeps 2)
- Large Flat Screen TV in Living Room with Surround Sound
- Additional Half Bath
- Deck for grilling and enjoying the outdoors and view
First Floor - Entertainment:
- Cinema Room with 115 inch projector screen and 8 speaker surround sound
- Hot Tub
- Pool Table
- Ping Pong Table
- Electronic Darts
- Custom Game Table
- Large Flat Screen TV mounted on wall in Game Room
- Pull Out sofa (sleeps 2)
Upstairs - Main Sleeping Area:
- Three Queen Bedrooms (each sleeps 2, for a total of 6)
- 2 Full baths that can be accessed directly from each bedroom
- Bonus Room has:
- 2 Queen Futons (each sleeps 2, for a total of 4) - Can also access bathroom directly from Bonus Room
- Flat Screen TV
- Infant Play Area with padded floor and infant toys
- Electronic Piano
To consolidate the Sleeping Arrangement for Consideration, here they are again:
- Master Bedroom with a King Bed (Sleeps 2)
- Master Bedroom has private Master Bath
- Living Sectional Couch has pull-out sofa (Sleeps 2)
- Half Bath in Hall off Living Room
- Queen Moose Bedroom (Sleeps 2)
- Queen Wolf Bedroom (Sleeps 2)
- Queen Deer Bedroom (Sleeps 2)
- Bonus room has 2 Queen Futons (Sleeps 4)
- A full Bath with Double Vanity is shared by the Elk and Wolf Bedrooms
- A full Bath is shared by the Deer Bedroom and the Bonus Room
- Pull Out Sofa in Game Room (Sleeps 2)
- Hot Tub
- Cinema Room with 115 inch projection screen and 8 speaker surround sound.
- Pool Table
- Ping Pong
- 4 Flat Screen TVs
- 10 Acres provides nice privacy
- High Speed Wireless Internet Service
- Leather Furniture
- Beautiful Large Kitchen with Full Size Freezer and Refrigerator
- Pack-N-Play available in Master Closet (for any little ones that might need it!)
- Elevation over 4,000 feet above sea level!
- Washer and Dryer
- Iron and Ironing Board
- 2 Car Garage
- Corn Hole Game
Location / Destination:
- 5 Miles (10 minutes) to New Market Center in Boone (Closest Grocery Store)
- 6 Miles (13 minutes) to Appalachian State University
- 10 Miles to Tweetsie Railroad
- 10.4 miles to Appalachian Ski Mountain
- 13 Miles to Blowing Rock, North Carolina
- 13 Miles to Valle Crucis, North Carolina (The Mast General Store)
- 19 Miles to Sugar Ski Mountain