|Minimum Stay||4 - 7 nights|
Enjoy your Cape Cod vacation in Wellfleet/South Truro in our Beautiful home with Private beach access to Ryder Pond. 4 plus acres surround this lovely home to give you privacy and space. Large fields to chase fireflys with the kids - Swim, kayak, canoe, row, SUP or fish steps from the back door. Close to Wellfleet center and marina, short drive to the world famous Wellfleet & Truro ocean & bay beaches. Since our property is located in Wellfleet & Truro you are able to purchase beach stickers for either Wellfleet or Truro town beaches - your choice. Brick patio with outside fireplace.
Private Pond Access to Ryder Pond with private floating dock,water side deck and private sandy pond beach
4 acres of fields and woods within the Cape Cod National Seashore.
Beach stickers available for both Wellfleet & Truro town beaches
Canoe and row boat provided
I was very satisfied with this rental, the owner came to the house on the first day she received me gave me all details of the house, she guided me through it and it's very nice, it was a cold week but it was nice they have a pond that is private and even an outside chimney and a barbecue spot, very large parking area, I really liked the house like I said nice owner she told me that if at any moment I needed help with anything house related I could call her, I recommend this property
I found this historic antique home quite charming and completely comfortable for our stay! It is tucked into the woods of the National seashore conveniently located right next to a secret pond. The pond is beautiful! Water temp perfect for swimming & kids playing. The kitchen was newly remodeled with new stove, dishwasher, and counter tops beautifully done - plenty of room for our two families to cook meals. The two bathrooms in the house one in the back of the house and the other one off the dining area were clean and up to date the best though was the enclosed spacious outdoor shower! Loved using the outdoor fireplace to sit & relax and look at the stars - tables/chairs and grills were conveniently located. The owners Kathryn & Mike were most helpful!
I enjoyed staying at this summer rental for many reasons. One, the spacious yard was such a treat for my children. They could play outside for hours, be adventurous and care- free, and run down to the pond with a moments notice. Two, the outdoor shower and the brilliant outdoor patio/BBQ area is a great way to host a Cape Cod shindig with family or friends who may be in the area. Third, the house is unique, simple, and relaxing. You are taken back in time to simple values. It's overall a great location with easy access to the world famous beaches of Wellfleet and its quaint center. You honestly don't need to go anywhere though while you are here! The pond is magical, the quaintness is just what one should be looking for during a summer vacation on Cape Cod. Time to book it again!
When I arrived at this charming pond home I knew it was just the perfect place to leave the world behind and that was exactly what my husband and three children did. We enjoyed the quaintness, the simplicity and the quiet, restful stay at this historic home. I've been summering on Cape Cod for over 40 years and I would recommend this vacation rental to ppl near and far. I look forward to venturing this way again in the summer of 2015 where we can BBQ outside in our own private greens, wake to pick fresh blueberries to add to blueberry pancakes, kayak in the calm crystal kettle pond just footsteps from your front door. This is just a glimpse into he property. The inside has just as much charm and character. Peaceful sleeps in cozy rooms. The kids have their own wing! I see how Henry David Thoreau lost himself in his writing on The Cape and that's what one should feel when they visit this property. Come back to simple,pleasurable life. Go! You won't want to leave!
There are so many issues with this house its hard to know where to start. However, I'll limit myself to those things that I believe would be of primary interest to would-be renters:
- Yes, the house sleeps 9, but most of them won't sleep too well. One of the bedrooms - with four of the beds - can only be accessed by walking through another bedroom which is itself right off of the house's main room/dining room. That means up to four individuals tramping through at any time.
- Another bedroom, which seems like a small converted store room is also right off of the main room/dining room. And as none of the bedroom doors shut tight or are more than the thinnest of wood doors, every single word, light step, or eating activity in the main/dining room is broadcast directly into these two adjacent rooms. In the pictures of the dining room, you'll notice all the doors are shut - this is likely because if the opened them, you'd see the beds right there inside the doors!
- The main bathroom (shown in pictures) is extremely small, old, and of marginal use for all but the most basic of needs.
- The kitchen is also extremely small and old, and cooking for the 8 people we had at the house was a real challenge. Also, don't expect to have anyone trying to clean while someone else is cooking, as there isn't even enough room for two people to actually work side-by-side in the kitchen. As you can actually from the pictures, no one can possible use the sinks while someone is cooking on the stovetop.
- The picture of the dining room is accurate in another way - its virtually impossible for 8, much less 9, to eat in. By combing through the house, we found enough chairs for 7 to use, but that left no chairs in any of the bedrooms.
- There is no closet space to speak of anywhere- nor anywhere to hang any clothes in most rooms.
- The house is OLD. It could certainly be considered charming, but its also creaks and bangs to such an extent that no one is going to sleep though any activity being conducted anywhere else in the small, tight living quarters.
- I have family on the Cape, and have been there often, but its been years since have had such a 'rustic' experience there. Overall, if one os OK with that, it might be nice for a couple or small family of 3 or 4 who could maybe spread out a bit and doesn't do much cooking. Otherwise, its pretty unpleasant.
Spent a wonderful week at this vintage Cape Cod property. The private dock and access to Ryder pond alone is all that you need, but the house is charming. Very well-appointed kitchen, utensils, plenty of sleeping beds and pull-out futon also. A grassy flat yard with picnic tables was ideal for evening cocktails and kids running around. Used the grill several times. The pond is pristine! Cold, clear and a delight to swim and boat in. A private floating dock to jump from and canoe, kayak and rowboat were other ammenities that we enjoyed. Nighttime skinny-dipping highly recommended! No T.V. or wi-fi, but that was not a concern for us at all. Easy access to Wellfleet Center and local beaches. Not a modern place, so you need to enjoy old houses with wood floors and great moldings. Great spot for a family that wants to pond-swim and experience the true Cape Cod summertime. And they take dogs!
Our property is located within Wellfleet & Truro - enabling beach stickers to either or both beautiful Wellfleet beaches or gorgeous Truro beaches!!!
Private setting within Cape Cod National Seashore. Only steps to pristine Ryder Pond. Large comfortable farmhouse with outside brick patio with a outdoor fireplace.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
50% down at time of reservation balance due in full 4 weeks prior to stay.
Cash, Check, paypal Accepted
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.