|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
This luxurious lake front offers everything and more! This home was designed with entertainment in mind but still offers all the privacy one would need.
The sun drenched open concept kitchen, dining and great room offer all that you could imagine. Great for entertaining and enjoying easy living. The wall of windows overlooks the very large deck with huge BBQ station and 30 x 16 foot in-ground pool that over looks the private beach and gorgeous Lake Michigan.
This home boasts six beautifully decorated bedrooms and five bathrooms. The Master Suite is on it's own floor. It has a private terrace to wake up and enjoy the breath taking views of Lake Michigan. If that isn't enough the bathroom has a steam shower and sunken tub! The children's wing offers three bedrooms and a play/living room. Also, has a full bath. The guest quarters has two bedrooms and a full bathroom
Come see what it's like to live the dream! Close to Chicago yet a million miles away!
I really hate to do this but I think other renters and the owners themselves need to be aware of this. We have been renting in the Grand Beach area for over 20 summers now and this is BY FAR our worst experience.
Let’s start with the positives -
• Great location, right on the beach, short set of stairs down to the sand
• Heated pool overlooking the beach
• Kayaks, bikes, etc ready for use
• Plenty of beach and bathroom towels
Negatives - started out as small things here and there and then continued to grow:
• Upon initial walk through, master bedroom window was stuck open, had to fix it ourselves
• Screen door leading out to the pool was ripped badly, no way to keep bugs out, never fixed
• Toaster broke which was a very old 2 slice unit, replaced with a toaster oven just as old, we went out and bought a brand new 4 slice toaster and left it at the house because it needed it
• The stove light was completely covered in dead gnats, hanging just above our cooking food, but we pay additional fees for a cleaning crew?
• No pizza cutter, bought our own, replaced by manager at the end of our trip
• No bottle/wine opener, bought our own, replaced by manager at the end of our trip
• No vacuum in the house
• TV, an old tube set in the kids area broken, replaced with a small 22”
• DVD player broken, replaced, no HDMI cable so we had to use our won to hookup to the TV, what if we didn't have one?
• Pool deck isn’t maintained, my son got splinters
• Pool had tons of sand in it, no pool vacuum, no pool guys ever showed
• Cover to the pool broke, would not open all the way, had to call the manager to come and fix
• Lack of response from the owners following the trip, obviously they don’t care
This house could be amazing with just some regular maintenance and attention to detail. For the money we spent it was not worth it at all. For as long as I can remember my family has vacationed every summer in the Grand Beach area. This is the first time we are discussing going somewhere different for 2015, so sad and so avoidable by the owners. They choose instead to look away.
We used this property for celebrating an anniversary. We had eight adults and eight grandchildren and the home absorbed them all delightfully. The bedrooms are arrayed in several clusters separated enough to provide space between family groups - with a master suite which confirmed who was in charge! The main "great room / kitchen" was very well equipped to handle the crowd. The patio and pool were perfect. An amazing and unexpected plus was the variety of things we found in various nooks and crannies. Books, games, toys, beach toys, kyacks! The access and proximity to the beach can't be matched. The company which represented the owner were very responsive - nothing went wrong.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
May 3 2015 - Sep 28 2015
7 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.