EARLY SUMMER DISCOUNTS - EMAIL DIRECTLY OR CALL IF YOUR STAY IS 3+ NIGHTS :).
Welcome to KANODIA LAKE VIEW! This 'mountain modern' property has been lovingly restored with modern amenities and conveniences while keeping the warmth and charm of a true mountain escape.
If this cabin is booked please visit our other cabins #345959 (located a few houses from the National Forest and an amazing sledding hill) or 619437 (walking distance to Snow Summit).
ENJOY this beautiful, fully remodeled Big Bear cabin located just steps from the lake! We're located on a quiet, private road - one house off the lake. Public access to Metcalf Bay is one house over just across the street (about 100 feet).
All brand new furnishings! High ceilings in all the rooms have incredible wood accents and large wood and iron beams, making this home one of a kind!
Situated on a private road you’ll see amazing sunset and mountain views from the front of the house. Grab your fishing poles and walk 100 feet to lake front access or take a 5 minute walk down the road and rent a boat at Holloway’s Marina. Or bring your own boat with you and store it behind the house!
This home is one mile from the Big Bear village -- everything Big Bear has to offer is close by for your enjoyment!
This home is clean, roomy and bright, decorated with warm, rich colors and beautiful furnishings. It’s the perfect place for two couples or two small families searching for a fun-filled, relaxing vacation in the Big Bear Valley. Gorgeous surroundings and views, wildlife and a quiet peaceful community make this cabin the perfect choice.
* FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN: The kitchen is fully stocked and can be used to serve up beautiful entertaining meals. Brand new custom kitchen cabinets, gorgeous granite, stainless steel appliances (gas stove), two large windows and a door leading to a large deck, plus tons of counter space make this an ideal cook's paradise ... or you can eat out in the many fabulous restaurants in the area!
* DINING ROOM: The dining table is located in the large kitchen and seats up to eight for those special meals with friends and family.
* LIVING ROOM: The spacious living room is warm and cozy with a large double lounger chair and leather couch (queen sleeper sofa). A beautiful rock fireplace and artwork finish out this relaxing room. Entertainment is provided by a brand new 42” High Definition LCD TV (cable included), DVD unit & iHome. Wireless high speed internet is available at no charge. To reminisce of years gone by, we have a record player and lots of albums to choose from.
* FOUR DECKS: There are four decks to enjoy the outdoors. Two decks are located in front – one on the lower level as you enter the property and a private deck off the master bedroom upstairs. The back yard features a large deck with a huge pine tree coming through the middle. Great for barbecuing or relaxing at night while watching shooting stars. A side deck offers a great location to view the lake while enjoying your morning coffee.
* BEDROOM 1 / MASTER BEDROOM: The master bedroom is equipped with a king bed, seating area, dresser, night stands, artwork, seating bench, a 32” HD TV and private upstairs balcony
* BEDROOM 2 / GUEST BEDROOM: The guest bedroom is equipped with a king bed, night stand, dresser, 32” HD TV, artwork and seating bench.
* BATHROOM 1 - DOWNSTAIRS: This bathroom features new custom cabinets with matching mirror and beautiful granite. Full, large shower and plenty of space!
* BATHROOM 2 - UPSTAIRS: This bathroom is located between the two bedrooms upstairs. It is large and features new custom cabinets with matching mirror and beautiful granite. A tub/shower combination and large vaulted/beamed ceilings make this room comfortable and spacious.
* LAUNDRY AREA: A washer and dryer are provided for your convenience on the ground floor.
* FUN FOR EVERYONE: While the children enjoy puzzles, music, movies and games, sip your favorite beverage and enjoy views of the lake. There’s even a record player and lots of records to choose from … go back in time as you listen to albums from the 1960’s through the 1980s!
Lake house rental, lake view rental, big bear lake cabin, big bear lake, cabin rental, lake house rental, ski rental, snow summit, ski house, bear mountain, snowboarding, skiing, snowboard, mountain cabin, hiking, fishing, big bear, vacation rental, vacation home rental, mountain rental, lake house, close to slopes, family friendly, romantic, close to village, walk to lake
We're a family from Orange County, CA who fell in love with Big Bear many years ago. We bought our first property - Kanodia Lodge - years ago and recently converted it to a rental. We had such incredible feedback from our guests that we decided to purchase this home and offer our guests a new adventure in Big Bear near the lake.
Laura Alvarado purchased this cabin in 2012
This home is steps from the lake - literally. It's located close to everything - walking distance to Holloway's Marina and only a mile from town and the ski resorts. Located on a private street, this home is charming and warm ... with the most incredible sunsets right out your front door.
We enjoy the peace and quiet this home offers and the location is ideal - both for summer and winter activities. Being so close to the lake and town is wonderful yet you still feel secluded and private at this location.
Thank you Laura! Here is my review …
We stayed 2 nights for a ski week-end with my 3 boys. From the booking to the check-out, everything was perfect and very well organized, very professional. The cabin was extremely clean, very well equipped and decorated. We found there anything we needed and much more (plenty of DVD, toys, music, old disc player, sleds...). The kids loved the cabin. The bedrooms were like a 4 stars hotel decorated with taste and great king size beds. Kitchen and bathrooms looked newly remodeled. Located along the lake, it's beautiful and only 10 minutes from snow summit slopes! We've been skiing all day and enjoyed the warmness of the cabin after ski. We also had a lot of fun doing alpine slide and tubes snow park 5 minutes away from the cabin! For my next WE in Big Bear, I won't spend 2 hours in VRBO. This place is just the perfect place. Thank you!
This review could be done in only two words: "stay here". I would give it more than 5 stars if I could, for a few reasons.
This place didn't feel like a typical VRBO, with chipped, unmatching china, musty bedding and decorations that grandma would be proud of. It felt like a place that a family member let you borrow for the weekend. It was modern, clean, bright, comfy, with a lot of attention to detail. I could live here and not need to buy a thing. The kitchen was better equipped than mine at home, so you would be able to cook and serve entire family dinners in style if you wanted. Beds were king size, comfortable, with lovely bedding, so no sneezing all night. The attention to detail was wonderful - open a bathroom cabinet and there is the sunscreen you may have forgotten, and bug spray; the same goes for condiments and cooking supplies in the kitchen. There was flexible seating in the living room, an extensive movie collection, board books for the littlies...no detail was overlooked. These are obviously caring owners who take a lot of pride in this property.
Laura was great to deal with. We had a minor issue before we arrived, that was completely our fault, and she was responsive and flexible to our change of circumstances.
A great cabin, and a great stay overall. Can't fault it...you won't regret staying here.
This cabin/house/home is truly unique among VRBO rental properties in Big Bear Lake. When I was looking to book a place in Big Bear Lake, Kanodia cabin stood out for me because it has 1300 sq ft, has two king beds, two bathrooms, a large kitchen and dining room, a beautiful deck, was close to the lake and town and it looked like the owner just finished remodeled the home and modernized everything inside. When we went inside, it truly was so clean and my friend said, "I could live here, it has everything I need." Check out the kitchen. It has many cookie sheets, a large pan for a turkey, many nice glasses, plates, in fact it has as much or more that my own kitchen.
We had fun driving around the lake, hiking to the Pacific Crest Rim trail, Castle rock trail, window shopping in the Village, having tea and scones at the Tea House west of town, dining out in the evening and just relaxing on the deck. It is so quiet and peaceful there. I highly recommend this beautiful cabin.
Our family of four with two young boys stayed for three nights at the Kanodia Cabin over our spring break. It is a lovely, renovated, and tastefully furnished house with all the amenities you could want. It was also the perfect size for our family. We spent our days hiking, visiting the Alpine Zoo, and skipping rocks at the lake, and our evenings snuggled up with blankets next to the fire watching movies and playing board games. Our boys absolutely LOVED the cabin, and we would recommend it to any family looking to get away for a mountain retreat.
My wife, mother-in-law and I were looking for a nice place to stay in big bear. Like many others I checked VRBO and found Kenodia. The place was absolutely amazing - it is wonderful both for the price and even if it were much more. My wife and I had previously stayed at B&Bs twice in Big Bear and I doubt we will again. We really loved the gas fireplace, the various decks, and the lovely large bedrooms with king size beds. We even used the propane bbq to make dinner one night. Other reviewers have included many of the details but overall it just felt like every possible need was thought of. A perfect experience overall. Honestly it was a little sad for us to return home to our smaller bedrooms and dinkier kitchen! It was way more than we would've expected for the price.
This cabin surpassed all of our expectations, it was definitely a weekend to remember. Pictures of this beautiful cabin don't lie, this cabin has everything you need, very well stocked with necessities as mentioned on previous reviews. Everything works and you will find very clear detailed instructions for almost everything. The cabin is very cozy and clean with extra blankets and air beds. Location is very convenient since it is within walking distance from the lake and minutes drive to town and snow summit. Laura is amazing and very professional, constant communication made everything much easier for us. We can't wait to come back, this was our first trip to Big Bear and we couldn't be more happy with our trip and grateful that we found Laura.
We loved this cabin! Everything was clean and in pristine condition. You can tell the owners put a lot of thought into everyone's needs because it was well stocked with necessities like q-tips, soap, space heaters in each room in addition to central heating, etc. The kitchen is newly updated and everything worked very well (heating, water heater, wifi). It was ideal for my husband and daughter. Laura was extremely organized and super communicative, with detailed instructions for check-in and check-out procedures. The property was easy to find and close to the main village and ski areas. Really had no complaints at all - we would definitely return next time we visit Big Bear.
The location of this property is amazing. Just steps from the lake on a private road, enjoy amazing sunset views from this home. We are walking distance to Holloway's Marina and a 1/2 mile from Alpine Slide (summer and winter activity park). Town is 1 mile away and Snow Summit is 1.5 miles. Close to everything Big Bear has to offer yet a world away ... this is the PERFECT getaway destination! Don't forget to visit the Moonridge Zoo, the Discovery Center, and check out all the incredible events taking place year round!