|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
A big spacious home to enjoy your family vacation. Everyone has room to feel special, read a book, play a game, or hang out without feeling like you are even indoors. The outside is so inviting; a big flat lawn; a great playground close by; ideal area to bicycle; or just hang out at the beach...You will feel like your on top of the world, with no worries or pressures, only the need to enjoy the fresh ocean air and the incredible views we offer.
We have a wonderful family that enjoys going to the Beach; riding bicycles, and enjoy playing games together.
JJ Casserd purchased this house in 2000
This property is in the ideal location, for a large family, to have space for everyone and have a sense of security that only the neighborhood of La Selva Beach allows.
A living room, with a fireplace, a separate family room and a fireplace...in addition to a play room for the 'little ones'...all on the same level as the kitchen dining room !
A Big master suite for quiet time; three good size bedrooms offer their own seclusion or 'recharge' space.
A big flat lawn area for games; a good beach area for games;
Just a fun area to be... all the way around...
thank you for your delightful review---we are pleased that you enjoyed this lovely home and our very special beach community.
This was my family's first reunion and we decided to find a beach house for our gathering. I couldn't have found a more perfect home! First, we were so thankful that they allowed the 2 nights minimum stay. Since our kids had started school already, we were only able to do 2 nights so this property was perfect for us. The home was HUGE and very spacious. As you walk through the front door, there was 3 bedrooms plus laundry room on the first floor. Bedroom 1 has 1 full or queen bed. Bedroom2 has 2 beds- a full and a single, and bedroom3 has 3 beds- a full, and 2 twins I believe. Then you head up the stairs and it opens up to a big living room, and another smaller living room, a dining room, kitchen, a game room, and a HUGE Master bedroom suite with a king size bed. The game room was a huge hit for the little ones. It was filled with toys in tubs. But the deck was a huge favorite for the grownups! Gorgeous views of the ocean. And they even had a BBQ to cook on the deck. Adult took turns sitting out the deck and watching the sunset. Great and easy 10-15 minute walking access to Manresa State Beach. I had family members from 70 to 5yrs old who had no problem walking to the beach. And what a great beach it was! Great house and will definitely come back!
The description of the house does not do it justice, this place was wonderful, It was huge and had plenty of space for everybody. There was a huge upstairs master bedroom with a large bed and plenty of room to spread out with an adjoining shower and bathroom. It had a separate upstairs bathroom close to the living room. It had a upstairs playroom with age appropriate toys for the children and a closet full of games for the teens. There were two large living rooms upstairs, the first living room had a open view of the ocean and space for 10 adults to sit comfortable and come together and converse. The second living room had a piano and two futons to read a book or a place for the teens to just talk and hang out. There was a very well stocked upstairs kitchen that had a ocean view with a large island in the middle that you could gather around and cook. There was a large table in the dining room so that everyone can eat together. You could also eat or just hang out on the wrap around balcony facing the ocean. The downstairs had another bathroom with shower and tub. They even provided a safety gate to prevent the young kids from going up and down the stairs. There was three large bedrooms downstairs with single and double beds. There was a large laundry room downstairs with plenty of towels and beach towels. They had a large ping pong table in the garage and sand toys to enjoy the beach. The beach was just a stroll away and easy to get to. This property was very clean and well maintained. I would definitively return to this property and would highly recommend it to others.
Our family group of 5 adults and 4 kids ages 3, 5, 6, 8 stayed at this house for 3 nights and everyone loved it.
- The big eating area table was a highlight. It sat all 9 of us comfortably and has big windows facing the sea. We sat over breakfast / tea / coffee for hours every morning just watching the sea. We saw lots of dolphins, pelicans, boats, surfers...
- This house is huge! The kids loved the playroom, and there is an entire closet stocked with games so the kids were always entertained. They also played ping pong in the garage and we were happy to find a bag of sand toys in the garage and a closet full of beach towels to use! It was nice to have 2 big sitting areas - the kids would be in one, playing the piano or reading or watching a movie and the adults would be in another room, chatting and drinking wine.
- The first night we lit up the grill on the balcony, that was great.
- There are 4 fire pits down at the beach so one evening we did s'mores at the beach - fantastic.
- Across the street there are some benches you can go sit on that face the sea. So peaceful. There was a wedding there on the Saturday morning, nice to watch.
- House is really well stocked, including movies for the kids, and really well-stocked kitchen even including things like an insulated picnic bag and freezer ice pack as an example.
Other good things to know:
- The master bedroom is upstairs, with an ensuite bathroom and there's another half bath upstairs but there are 3 bedrooms that could sleep 8 people if you fill all the beds, and just 1 downstairs bathroom.
- From the photos, we thought the house was right on the beach. The beach is easy to get to, but between the house and the beach there is a road, then another house, then a bluff, THEN the beach. You can walk down a steep path down the bluff, directly to the beach (not recommended with small children or carrying coolers etc) or you can walk down a path to the disused train tracks and walk along the tracks until you get to the parking lot, then walk down the stairs. Or, you could drive, which is a few minutes but parking is $5.
- Really convenient corner store a couple blocks away that we used for milk.
We will be back!
The house was perfectly set up for families or couples.
Well equipped and good sound proofing.
Wonderful views and beach access. Dolphins every morning from the kitchen and living room windows.
Short walk to small village center in charming town.
Would definitely rent again,
We had an amazing family getaway in this home. The property description is brief, so let me fill you in on the details. This house is ENORMOUS. It has high ceilings, beautiful architectural details, and great use of space. Upstairs, you will find a big kitchen, a dining area with a huge table, a living room with plenty of seating (enormous sectional & chairs) and a TV, a family room with a piano/TV/futons, a half-bath, a master suite larger than many San Francisco apartments, and my personal favorite.. a room for TOYS! That’s right, a toy room. Our 2 year old son arrived at this house all cranky from our journey but immediately perked up when he found all kinds of fun new things to play with. This room kept him happy & occupied for FOUR DAYS! ? They also have a Pack-N-Play and a rocking chair in the master bedroom in case you have an infant. There is no child gate at the top of the stairs, though. We just put the Pack N Play in front of the stairs as a quick solution.
Downstairs you will find: Bedroom 2 has two twin beds, a trundle and a full bed. (One twin has a rail on the side, so it was PERFECT for our son who just transitioned to a big boy bed). Bedroom 3 has two full beds (I think). Bedroom4 has a queen bed. There is also a full laundry room, a full bathroom, and a huge garage with a ping pong table & other toys. (including beach toys)
The yard is huge, flat and grassy..perfect for playing whiffle ball , tossing a Frisbee, or other outdoor fun.
The house was very clean, well stocked with things that we would need, except food. There were no basic things like salt/pepper/oil, so be sure to bring EVERYTHING you need for meals. There are plenty of plates/cups (even kid stuff), pots pans and other hardware.
The house is located within walking distance of a private beach, as well as public beaches and a beautiful scenic overlook. You can watch the ocean while you’re cooking or relaxing at the dining table, or on the front deck. It is in a very quiet, residential neighborhood that feels extremely safe. There is a great playground and basketball court just a few blocks away where kids can play.
I love the fact that we could hop down to Monterey (Aquarium!) or up to Santa Cruz (Beach Boardwalk and Rides!) very easily for additional adventures.
This home is everything we could have hoped for and more, and was great to share with extended family and friends, and it is extremely family friendly (all ages!)
Santa Cruz Boardwalk and the Monterey Bay Aquarium are the 'book ends' of two very famous tourist attractions. World famous golf, surfing,biking, hiking, and of course shopping is all within a half hours drive.
The world famous mystery spot, whale watching, in season, are also minutes away. There is no better place to come and relax and enjoy the highlights, that become activities, the Monterey Bay Sanctuary offers to all that come and visit. Broadway style theater close by, fine dining with local organic specialties, and some of the Best wine tours California can offer.
Of course, it is our family friendly beaches that offer soft sand, and lots of room on the beach to enjoy family play time.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.