|Minimum Stay||5 nights|
This is a newer one story home with a separate studio ohana with covered lanai/carport. It's located in Hawaiian Shores Recreational Estates just outside of the village of Pahoa in the southeastern section of the Big Island.
With a winding concrete driveway from the street, the house sits back off the road for privacy. Both units are wheelchair accessible, if necessary. Built with superb craftsmanship, this outstanding home offers 2 bedrooms, 2 baths in the main house and a studio plus bathroom with kitchenette in the ohana (studio). A total of over 2200 square feet. There are 3 queen beds and it sleeps up to 6 people. The master bedroom also has a jacuzzi tub and walk-in tiled shower.
There is a washer and dryer in the laundryroom. Ceiling fans cool the air. The kitchen in the main house is equipped with a full refrigerator, microwave, electric stove with coffee pot, espresso machine, blender, rice cooker, dishes, and glasses, etc.
Cable TV and VCR is provided as well as wireless internet.
Available on a monthly basis or six month to one year lease.
The perfect house . Floor plan was wonderful. Finishes clean and accommodating. We did not use the Ohana as we thought we might because our friends were not able to join us.
1) Nice home surrounded by trees.
2) If multiple couples are staying, the Ohana is a nice retreat away from each other every now and then.
3) Modern windows, ceiling fans, bathrooms, etc. Hot water was never a problem.
1) There is no A/C. You will need to open the windows. If you do not like the high-pitched sounds of hundreds of cochi frogs, this will not be the place for you.
2) This is not the greatest location to have your windows open at night. There are meth heads everywhere. Just Google about the crime in the Hawaiian Shores Recreational Estates subdivision.
3) Prepare to haul your own trash away. The owners will not help you with this.
4) The main house traps heat if you like to cook. I'm glad I was sleeping in the Ohana.
5) As the outdoor temperature changes, the roof "pops" as it adjusts to new temperatures. This happens in the afternoon while it's warming up and later in the evening when it cools down again. It can be enough to wake you up if you're a light sleeper.
This home is located just a few miles from the old Village of Pahoa with it's colorful old buildings and eclectic stores and restaurants - some of the best restaurants on the island! Close to Kahakai ocean cliff park, the hot ponds, Waiopae tidepools for great snorkeling! Only about 15 minute drive to the lava flow viewing site and 30 miles to Volcano National Park. About 30 minute drive to the city of Hilo.
Note: As of 10/2014, there is a lava flow slowly advancing towards Pahoa. This could be a once in a lifetime chance to witness a change in the Hawaii landscape, if the lava advances into the town. There is a possibility that the highway 130 could be covered by the lava. The County has already built several alternate contingency routes - good gravel roads for travel to and from the Puna area, if needed. The car rental companies will allow rental cars to use these roads.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 19 2014 - May 18 2015
5 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add $10 per night, per additional guest|
|Cleaning fee - long term||$150 + Tax|
|Cleaning fee -short term||$125 + Tax|
|Property Damage Protection||$49|
For one month - 5 month rental, rent is $1900.00 (utilities included, electricity $250.00 maximum). GE and TA taxes apply.
For 6 months and over, rent is $1500.00 plus utilities. (GE taxes apply).
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.