Moltrasio Apartment Rental Photos and Description
3 bedroom apartment to sleep 5/6, perfect lake location for a relaxing holiday
This comfortable apartment is on the 1st and 2nd floor of a detached house in the tranquil lake-side village of Moltrasio.
There are 4 rooms: on the first floor there is a spacious kitchen leading to the large covered terrace which offers a fabulous wide panoramic view of Lake Como stretching from Como city to Torno; 1 double bedroom with a queen size double bed and 1 bedroom with a double bed; 1 bathroom.
On the top floor there is a large lounge with a characteristic wood beamed ceiling and an adjoining bedroom with 2 single beds.
The apartment offers a perfect location for a relaxing holiday where you can enjoy the breathtaking scenery of the lake. There are many places of interest and day-trips including boat-trips on the lake and Milan and Switzerland are both under an hour away.
Lake Como is the most romantic and scenic lake to the south of the Alps. The lake is very popular not only for it's beauty and temperate climate but also for it's relaxed approach to life. For this reason many celebrities, including film stars (George Clooney) and designers, have fallen in love with the area and have villas here where they can escape to.
Moltrasio is situated within the first basin of Lake Como making it only 50 minutes drive from Malpensa airport and an ideal base for many day trips:
- Take a boat trip and visit the picturesque villages of Bellagio, Menaggio and Varenna with their villas, gardens and beautiful scenery;
- Enjoy the historical city of Como (10 mins) with it’s elegant boutiques and lake-front bars and restaurants. There is also an open street market 3 times a week and the most amazing indoor fresh fruit and vegetable market.
- Visit Milan (1 hr) with its designer shops, museums and historical monuments and walk on the roof of the Duomo (cathedral)
- Go across the border to Switzerland (10mins) to get some great deals at the Fox Town designer outlet (30mins), visit nearby Lake Lugano and the chocolate factory is great for children.
There are many invigorating scenic mountain walks as well as easy-going strolls but if you just want to sit back and relax by the lake there are several lidos and shingle beaches nearby.
During the summer there are various open-air concerts in Como and Cernobbio as well as lake-side village festivals where it is possible to enjoy typical local food and traditions.
There are many excellent cafes, bars, restaurants and pizzerias both in Moltrasio and in nearby Cernobbio and Como that cater for all tastes and budgets.
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- unsuitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair inaccessible