The historic renovation effort completed in 2006 on the Herdsman Cottage and Bull Barn has created an easy and comfortable home away from home. While maintaining the character of the old stucco cottage, the new structure has all the modern conveniences and technology.
The Bull Barn, once part of the historic farm that supplied and served the Homestead Resort, is an independent guest home that complements the Herdsman Cottage. With a spacious living room and well appointed galley kitchen, and breakfast nook, the Bull Barn combines modern comforts with hints of the cowboys of its past. Two full baths partner both bedrooms which comfortably sleep 4. The beautiful garden that surrounds the cottage, as well as the pasture views, make the Bull Barn the perfect home away from home.
This home is Pet Friendly - Pet Fee is an additional $100.
• Internet Accessibility
• Entertainment system (DVD/VCR)
• Washer & Dryer
• Kitchen perfect for a family of 4
• Luscious gardens of yesteryear re-established to their former glory
• Sleeps 4
• 2 Baths
• 2 Queen beds
• Old Dairy Complex Access
• 2 night minimum stay
• Pet Friendly (additional $100 fee)
The Natural Retreats Concierge Service is unique within the self-catering industry. A team of dedicated travel professionals who can tailor make guests holiday experiences by providing advice, expertise and experience for guests to call on before, during and after their stay. The Natural Retreats Concierge Service takes the risk out of self-catering holidays and ensures guests can make the most of every day of their holiday.
With its unique history and charm, the Bull Barn Cottage is a cozy weekend getaway waiting to happen!
Located right across the road from the Old Dairy Community Center and Milk Market.
Natural beauty isn’t all Bath County has to offer. Take
a tour of some of western Virginia’s most unusual
and delightful art galleries in and around the villages
of Hot Springs, Warm Springs, Healing Springs, and
Bacova, or spend an afternoon exploring shelves of
endless old-time treasure in one of Bath’s many antique
shops, which carry everything from the finest china to
primitive handiwork of centuries past.
The George Washington National Forest covers more
than 170,000 acres in Bath County, offering outdoor
recreation galore, from boating on Lake Moomaw to
fishing in the premier trout waters of the Jackson River.
More than 120 miles of secluded and sparsely traveled
hiking and biking trails offer long blue Allegheny
Mountain vistas, access to unusual blowing springs,
and views of high elevation cranberry bogs.
The Nature Conservancy’s Warm Springs Mountain
Preserve protects 13 miles of fragile mountain ridge line,
including a high elevation Appalachian forest of rare
montane pine barren, some of which you can explore
along the Ingalls Overlook Trail.
Lake lovers will treasure Bath’s mountain waters
from 2,500-acre Lake Moomaw with its marina and
boat rental facilities to a lazy paddle by canoe across
the lake at Douthat State Park. The Dominion Back
Creek Recreation Area provides access to two stocked
lakes in a stunning natural setting beneath Back Creek
Whatever your palate craves, Bath has a dining
experience to tempt your tastebuds. Here you can
enjoy black tie dining and continental cuisine at The
Homestead resort or the casual elegance of a creek side supper in a restored gristmill. Savor fresh baked goods al fresco on a grassy lawn in Hot Springs, or settle in for an evening of down home Southern cooking at a friendly café.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event||Minimum Stay|
|A 25% deposit is requested to make your reservation. 30 days prior to your stay the remaining 75% of your balance is due.|
|Prices and Availability are Subject to Change.
Nightly rates start at $440 for 2 nights.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.