Quinta Serramar, in the Natural Park of Sintra, surrounded by secular trees and mountains inviting guests for healthy and invigorating walks and cycling, while the Atlantic ocean offers a breathtaking view, in a serene atmosphere away from the crowds.
- Yet, only 15 min away ,you will find fashionable Cascais and Estoril with its multiple offers of entertainment, shopping, beaches, restaurants, coffeeshops, delightful esplanades by the sea, not to mention the buzz of a very active night life.....
-To the opposite side , another 15 min takes you to Sintra, fairy tale city, Unesco World Heritage, with its cultural landscape dotted with palaces( Pena, Monserrate, Regaleira, Nacional, Seteais ) castles ( Moorish ), museums, all waiting to be visited and admired,on foot, mini train or horse carriage....
- Along the coast, the choice of beaches is endless, famous for water sports activities and competitions, white sandy family beaches, all within 10 to 30 minutes from QS.
- Lisbon only 30 min away, cosmopolitan, monuments, museums ,typical restaurants to taste famous Portuguese cuisine and listen the Fado.
- Other Activities: sight seeing, cultural tours, museums, palaces, castles,tram rides, train city rides,botanical gardens, oceanarium,golf,casino
- Golf: http://www.portugalvirtual.pt/_golf/costadelisboa/index.html
Some of the most famous :
-Qta da Marinha, set amongst beautiful pine trees and streching down to Guincho beach, has stunning scenery .Its hole13, a par 4 descending to the sea, is a picture postcard of Portuguese golf.
-Oitavos Dunes in Qta da Marinha is the 1st golf course in Europe and 2nd in the World to have a certified signature santuary - Gold
-Penha Longa has championship characteristics , an excelent level of maintenance and beautiful panoramic views over Sintra mountain range . Mosteiro is a 9 hole new alternative to the exhisting course.
-Estoril, one of the oldest and best known golf courses in Portugal , location of the Portuguese Championships in 53 and 72.
-Qta da Beloura with fine views over the Sintra mountain range and a course surrounded by trees on flat terrain ,provides a very pleasurable game of golf !
- Some of the others:
Belas , Lisbon Sports Club, Aroeira 1 and 2 ,Vimeiro , Ribagolf ,Stº Estevão , Campo Real, Qta do Peru, Troia, Montado, Belavista , Praia del Rey, Botado , Golden Eagle.
-Guincho (windsurf and surf), Praia Grande (surf, family and dinosaur footprints ), Adraga (voted one of 3 most beautiful beaches in Europe in 2003), Azenhas do Mar (delightful fishermen village), Praia das Maçãs (family) and more (5 / 20 min)
Horse ridding at Janas ( 15 min)
Sea water swimming pool with giant slides at Praia das Maçãs.
Local facilities :only at 10 min's walk to Ulgueira 's village where you will find a coffee shop, daily fresh bread, children playground, church.
Almoçageme, 5 min drive away, has excellent grocery shop, butcher,pharmacy and all other basic facilities.
It also has a typical fresh produce street market, every weekend and public holidays. Colourful and most enjoyable.
Excellent restaurants are found easily within 10 to 15 min drive, at Azoia, Cabo da Roca, Almoçageme , Praia das Maçãs, Azenhas do Mar. Restaurant guide available at Quinta Serramar to help you.
Supermarkets and big shopping centres found within 15 / 30 min's drive.Maps available at the Quinta.
Banks, pharmacies, hairdressers, taxis, newspapers, bars, night club , etc, can all be found at Praia das Maçãs, Colares, Almoçageme, all nearby locations , 10 /15 min's drive