|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
Single Family home two blocks from downtown South Haven's unique Shops and Dining. Just a short walk to the beach and a short distance to boating. Relax on the outdoor porch in the rear of the home. Park vehicle in the off street driveway. Two floor home, on the second floor there are three bedrooms. The first bedroom has a full size bed with a closet and a futon. The second bedroom has a full size bed with bunk beds and closet. The third bedroom has a full size bedroom with a closet. On the first floor there is a pullout couch with a full closet. A living room, diving room and kitchen with breakfast area. The home has one of the bathrooms with shower upstairs with the bedrooms. The second bathroom is on the first floor with a shower connecting the living area to the downstairs bedroom. The home has a garage.
Hello I am a retired 79 year old Italian woman from Chicago, IL renting my summer home out in South Haven, MI. I have a small dog that I love. I do not speak English very well so my grandson will be managing the rentals.
The Owner purchased this house in 2008
I bought this vacation home to enjoy with my grandchildren because of its beautiful location two blocks from town and close to the beach since I do not drive.
The nearby beach. The outdoor porch. The unique restaurants and shopping in South Haven. Water activities.
My mom, sister and I enjoyed the Kalamazoo street house last week. The house was comfortable and had spacious for a group with kids in tow. The garage space was great for storing bikes and beach toys. the dining room has ample space for family dinners. The bedrooms are cozy and the home certainly has a unique charm. The walk to the beach was reasonable, and our favorite ice cream shop is only a couple blocks away.
I do agree with a previous reviewers comments regarding the clachque in the house. There really isn't much usable space to arrange your things for the week. The kitchen could use a few additional items for everyday use such as serving bowls and food storage containers.
The family was nice to work with, and the grandson was available for assistance at 12:00am when my mom blew a fuse.
My family will definitely consider staying in this house again!!!
We had a wonderful stay in South Haven! The house was perfect for our two families. It was wonderful to be able to stay together and there were plenty of sleeping arrangements. The house was clean and very well stocked, we were able to easily find more paper towel etc and the kitchen had all the supplies needed for us to cook dinner each night. It was very comfortable and the location was ideal. The house is in town so it was easy to walk to all the shops and farmer's market but it was also easy to get to the beach, we walked most days. We would highly recommend this home and location. Thank you again for the wonderful accommadations!
Some good with this property and some not-so-good.
-great location to downtown. It was nice to be able to let the kids walk up town for ice cream, etc, and for eating out... very convenient.
-very roomy, plenty of space for everyone, good bedding arrangement and places for extra sleepers
-nice to have 2nd parlor room with 2nd TV - kids set up XBox in one room, adults watched tv in other.
- kitchen was well appointed, if small.
- parking was great - 2 spaces in driveway, street parking and a public lot right across the street so never a problem there no matter how many visitors we had during the daytime
- needs a thorough deep cleaning. Baseboards, bathroom fans, walls and all the nic-naks were covered in dust. Upstairs shower fan was just disgusting. Walls could use washing, some kitchen things were "sticky". Bathrooms did not feel clean.
-farther than we thought to the beach. it was about 15 minutes walking either the river walk way or the neighborhood way to the church. I guess I thought it would be shorter based on the map.
- clutter and non-working lamps. Each room had a combo fan/light but not much in the way of lamps for evening. Some rooms had up to 3 or 4 lamps in the room that DIDN't work.??
- Clutter- knick naks everywhere on any surface that could have been used for putting our stuff. Every dresser top, shelf in bathroom, etc had owner owned clutter on it, so nowhere to put anything.
- "musty old house smell" as my kids called it. The whole place had a musty smell, and literally EVERYTHING we brought home - from clothing to books to packaged foods - brought the "old musty house" smell with them. Still trying to get rid of it, yuk.
- potentially nice outside porch was in need of repairs to the wood and a decent paint job. just kind of sad.
- communication with owner was spotty at best once he had our $. we did not find out keypad combo until the morning of our arrival (with several previous emails unanswered).
In general, it was ok but I would not rent again. I could have done better but started looking a bit too late when the choices were limited. I believe this property is new to VRBO. It seemed to me that the owners just decided, "hey, let's rent the place out!" and started renting without doing any prep work. Some minor things like light bulbs, a deep cleaning, repairing the porch, and clearing out some of the clutter would make a big difference.
We had a great vacation at this house and enjoyed walking to the beach every day. We also walked the two blocks to town every night for ice cream and to watch the sunset at the pier. The house was very comfortable with a "kids room" and two "grownup rooms", and a parlor that can be used as a fourth bedroom. Having a bathroom upstairs and downstairs was helpful. We also took a couple yoga classes at the new yoga studio across the street.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
7 night minimum stay
|Discounts: 14 nights or more: $200 Nightly|
|Refundable damage deposit||$300|
|Notes||Rates are subject to change and reservations are subject to owner approval within 24 hours.|
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.