Campo de' Fiori Apartment Rental Photos and Description
Navona Campo Fiori Wonderful 4 BR, 3 BA, Panoramic Terrace Views, History Palace
This marvellous, panoramic apartment comprises four bedrooms, three bathrooms, an amazing sitting room, a very ample dining room / kitchen, a terrace / roof garden with views of Rome's sights and domes. It is situated in an authentic historical noble palace, in the heart of old Rome.
It is located in the Campo de' Fiori area, bordering the Jewish quarter. Piazza Navona, the Pantheon and the Roman Forum are a stone's throw away. The palace faces the world-acclaimed Turtle Fountain, which can be seen from its windows.
The apartment is situated at the highest floor of the palace. You can either take the elevator or the sumptuous grand staircase. The palace is owned since 1578 by the Italian noble Costaguti family, which merged over the century with another noble family of Spanish origin. The resulting family counts a king, two cardinals, two viceroys and a saint, a number of generals, nevertheless they are extremely kind and hospitable landlords, keeping seriously their commitments, and they are also a pleasure to meet. When asked, they always have one more historical fact or anecdote about Rome to recall. The palace, illustrated in all history / architecture books / sites, has great character, yet it is also very inviting, and it will make you feel at home from the very first moment.
For its high position the apartment is very bright, and from its most panoramic terrace / roof garden you will be able to dine 'al fresco' amidst Rome's domes, sights and old roofs. Also from its windows you have great views of the nearby palaces, churches and of old Rome's roofs, and as mentioned it overlooks one of Rome's jewels, the Turtle Fountain.
The apartment is app. 210 Sq. Mts. (2,260 Sq. Ft.) large, it was just perfectly renovated. It is silent, inviting and very bright. Each room is beautiful and charming in its own right, whether for the beautiful tiles, décor, furniture, paintings of old masters, ceilings, or views. There is also a second terrace with table and chairs, perfect to drink a glass of wine, or to relax while reflecting on your past sightseeing or to write emails.
The sitting room is astonishing. It still preserves the original late Renaissance (16th century) coffered wooden ceilings, and each of the 168 'lacunars' or coffered frames has a painting of a different species of birds. In the walls you find finest frescoes of peacocks, spaced out with the intriguing coat of arms of the Costaguti family. The floors are also spectacular. They are made with extraordinarily elegant tiles displaying beautiful design, different in the various rooms.
You find four bedrooms, two matrimonial and two twin beds, endowed with different personality and charm. They are all furnished and adorned state-of-the-art.
The dining room and the large kitchen form a large open-plan space of app. 40 Sq. Mt. (430 Sq. Ft.). It is wonderfully adorned, bright, airy, elegant, and its historical character blends with the elegant modern kitchen cabinets. Both the kitchen and the dining room have table and chairs, for meals or breakfast. The kitchen is remarkably equipped with cutlery / chinaware / glassware, and with all appliances: American coffee percolator, microwave, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, toaster, orange squeezer, fires, oven.
The property is equipped with all mod cons: air conditioning in all rooms, heating, internet Wi-Fi, washing machine, clothes dryer (in a dedicated washroom), complete kitchen equipment.
Explore this wonderful apartment in our website, with 100 photos showing any aspect, with a detailed description. Please visit:
- children welcome
- pets considered
- wheelchair accessible
- smoking allowed
Our family, an ancient and honourable noble Italian family always treasured hospitality and cultivated cultural exchanges. Continuing the tradition, we strive to offer you an attentive, dedicated service, enabling you to enjoy this wonderful property, in a unique palace and in an outstanding old Rome location.
We look forward to hosting you.
From Dr. Afan De Rivera Costaguti and wife (owners, in the photo).
Morris purchased this apartment in 1578
Why Morris chose Campo de' Fiori
You find anything in this property you could possibly wish from Rome:
- a fantastic panoramic roof garden / terrace, with table, chairs, deck chairs, parasol, for your meals 'al fresco' while looking at Rome's domes and sights.
- A wonderful apartment, large, bright, silent, perfectly renovated, furnished, equipped, and adorned.
- The apartment is situated in a historical palace with immense character, where even the walls and all the details exude Rome's history and personality.
- It overlooks one of Rome's most charming squares, Piazza Mattei, with direct view of Rome's jewel-fountain: the Turtle Fountain or Fontana delle Tartarughe. There are beautiful views of churches, other historical 'palazzi', and of old Rome roofs.
- Exciting and most intriguing location: situated between 5 famous districts: Campo de' Fiori, Jewish Ghetto, Piazza Navona, Pantheon, Roman Forum.
- There are numberless restaurants, cafes, shops, old book and craftsmen shops, bars, cultural societies and clubs, suiting all wallets and tastes;
- Friendly locals, with great personality reflecting a very ancient history, and who love sharing it with you;
- Most hospitable and decent owners, keeping their commitments very seriously.
What makes this apartment unique
Everything about this property is unique and unobtainable! You will be amazed!