Ocean Springs Cottage Rental Photos and Description
Cottage, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths, (Sleeps 4-6)
Walk to the nearby inner harbor or the many specialty shops downtown.
The full-time residents in Ocean Springs know Ward Avenue. It is a favorite street shaded by the broad limbs of huge live oaks; it is a neighborhood with small homes & large homes, and families of all ages; it is quiet and convenient to everything good about Ocean Springs. You will enjoy your time here.
Whether you are looking for solitude or socializing, you will be comfortable in this charming home. The home has two bedrooms and two baths. The master bedroom has a king-sized bed, and the master bath features a large jetted tub and a separate shower. The second bedroom has a full-sized bed. The sunroom has a sofa that converts to a full-sized bed.
The brightly lit kitchen is fully equipped if you like to cook. There is a TV room, a separate living room for conversation and a dining room. In the backyard, you can enjoy sun or shade on the large deck, the bricked courtyard and the goldfish pond. In the front of the house, you can wave to neighbors from the little deck while enjoying another small pond & the partial shade of the pergola.
If you like to walk or bike ride ( there are three bikes available to our guests) you'll really enjoy this location: Front Beach is about a mile away, and features the new Fort Maurepas Park, a community fishing pier that is lighted at night and a popular beach walkway that extends from the Ocean Springs Yacht Club to the working harbor. At the harbor you can purchase the freshest shrimp and other seafood right off the commercial boats!
You can also walk or bike ride to other nearby Ocean Springs attractions:
- The world-renown Walter Anderson Museum is located on Washington Avenue in the heart of the historic downtown.
- The Mary C. O'Keefe Cultural Center is just two blocks at the north end of Ward Avenue. The 'Mary C' offers art classes, theatre performances, concerts and exhibits in their art gallery. The IP Culinary Arts Cafê holds popular cooking classes throughout the year.
- Kayaks are available for rental from a nearby shop. A paddle around the Inner Harbor, just a couple of blocks away, is a great way to spend the day fishing or taking photos of egrets, herons and shearwaters...or if you are more ambitious you can paddle over to beautiful Deer Island across the Biloxi Bay, or fish Davis Bayou just off of the East Beach area.
- If you are a golfer, there are numerous courses around Ocean Springs for all levels of players...from the historic Gulf Hills course that Elvis used to enjoy to a challenging championship course designed by Nicklaus.
- If you enjoy casino action, there are several just across the bridge in Biloxi. You'll find fine dining, entertainment, shops and games of chance in the many casinos in Biloxi and Gulfport. Shuttle buses run between Ocean Springs and the casinos throughout the day.
Ocean Springs is known as a creative community full of wonderful people and abundant natural resources. You'll be happy here, enjoying our many restaurants, pubs, specialty shops and galleries. This charming home on Ward Avenue will be a great base for your time here. Don't miss out on a chance to live the Ocean Springs life in this lovely home in the center of all good things!
Relax. Exhale. Enjoy all things Ocean Springs.
Keywords: This is a place for relaxation. Listen to the birds, watch the turtles go by, and the squirrels running around.
Relax. Exhale. Enjoy Life.
- wheelchair accessible
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
About Monica Smith
I came to Ocean Springs for the first time in 1985 and thought I had found Paradise. I went back to Texas, packed up and moved here, something I never have regretted.
Monica Smith purchased this cottage in 1993
Why Monica Smith chose Ocean Springs
The beauty of this area is just something else. The people are super friendly and helpful.