Please note: The $700 weekly rate is based on 6 nights. You get the 6th night FREE!
Take a deep breath, relax, and surround yourself with the beauty and natural fun in Georgia's Blue Ridge Mountains only 90 miles north of Atlanta via I-575 and Highway 515, but a million miles away from stress and traffic.
This inviting cabin is located on three wooded secluded acres, close to the Cohutta Wilderness.
Exquisitely decorated Northwestern style, this handsome cabin offers three bedrooms, each with its own bath, all on three different levels. If you would like to just hang out at the cabin, you will not be at a loss for something to do. Test your skills in the game room at the pool table, foosball table, air hockey, or board games, or enjoy the secluded hot tub overlooking the mountains. There are two TVs in Bear Ridge Hideaway, one 46' high definition TV, and one 32' TV along with a DVD player, VCR a small DVD library for and Nintendo games for your enjoyment. You will love the stocked upscale kitchen for preparing your favorite recipes or casual dining.
At the end of your day, share your valuable vacation time around the private outdoor fire pit roasting hotdogs or marshmallows with family and friends, watch TV by the cozy stone fireplace on the mail level or relax in the indoor Jacuzzi tub. You may just want to enjoy the serenity of listening to the rushing creek while viewing the mountains or catching a glimpse of the local wildlife from one of the three balcony this unique cabin has to offer.
For the nature lovers:
- Walk the three mile loop of local roads, viewing nature and the water rushing in Fightingtown Creek.
- Welcome the cool waters of the Toccoa River five minutes away.
- Catch the round trip Blue Ridge Railway in the town of Blue Ridge 15 minutes from your front door.
- Stop at the renowned Mercier Orchards outside of Blue Ridge where an abundance of fruits, pastries, and gifts are irresistible.
- Experience horseback riding. Stables are 10 minutes from the cabin.
- Follow 68 North 40 miles from the cabin to the gateway of the Cherohala Skyway in Tellico Plains. This magnificent highway ascends 21 miles into the deeply forested back country of Tennessee then winds up to 5,400 foot mountains for 15 miles into North Carolina. The Skyway is a favorite trail for motorcycle and sports car enthusiasts with its long sweeping corners, scenic views, waterfalls along its path, and cool breezes. Remember to stop at the spectacular Bald River Falls.
For the more adventurous:
- Enjoy an exciting half or full day of rafting on the Ocoee River or more relaxing kayaking or tubing trip on the Toccoa River just 5 minutes from the cabin.
- Hike one of the 14 trails covering over 95 miles of the Cohutta Wilderness area. These trails can be accessed from Highway 2 about 15 minutes from your cabin.
The earth's natural rivers and waterfalls are abundant in the area. These natural waters include:
- Fightingtown Creek (2 minutes from the cabin);
- Toccoa River (3 minutes from the cabin);
- Ocoee River (15 minutes from the cabin);
- Both the majestic Bald Mountain and Amicalola Falls are equally one hour from the cabin.
Life in this cabin is a perfect way to begin and end your vacation days with family and friends.
Keywords: Cabin, North Georgia,
Aska Adventure, Trails,Cohutta Wilderness, Chattahoochee National Forest, Ocoee,Whitewater, Toccoa River, Tubing, Kayaking, Hiking, Upscale Cabin, Balcony ,Blue Ridge, Mccaysville, Fannin county, Polk county, Tennessee whitewater rafting
Welcome to the mountains of North Georgia. We live in Floirida, but love spending time at Bear Ridge Hideaway.
I work as a technical sales specialist, and my wife, Deb, works as a teacher.
Jim and Deb Rice
North Georgia spectacular mountain views, and natural beauty located on 3 acres on a secluded ridge. This cabin is our family getaway!
There are so many activities we enjoy when we visit, such as shopping, tubing, whitewater rafting, hiking, horseback riding, and sight seeing.
Ocoee Whitewater Center, site of the 1996 U.S. Olympic Canoe/Kayak/Slalom events, Tubing, Horseback Riding, Scenic Railway, Music at Horseshoe Bend Park, Arts center, Southern Living Magazine's 'favorite roadside apple market', Miniature Golf
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event||Minimum Stay|
My Standard Rate
|Cleaning Fee||$85.00 + Tax|
|Damage Insurance||$25.00 + Tax|
|Notes||Minimum stay of 2 nights
4 night minimum stay during Thanksgiving and Christmas
3 night minimum stay October, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day and New Year's Day.
Rates do not include 12% State/local taxes nor cleaning fee
$85.00 additional cleaning fee
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.