|Minimum Stay||4 - 7 nights|
Conveniently located in West Tisbury near one of the most popular beaches on the island: Long Point Beach. This house is perfect if you are looking for a vacation that accommodates family and friends. 88 Charles Neck Way features access to all major town centers on the island, within 5-15 minutes driving distance. If you want action, it is there to be had. Then you can escape to our captivating home that has all that you could desire for your Martha’s Vineyard vacation. Comfortable, open floor plan lends itself well to spending family time together. The house if fully equipt for a family with amenities that you will not want to pack. The tasteful furnishings create a comfortable atmosphere. Every year we have the property deep cleaned and we keep the house meticulous.
The house is close to the beach and freshwater swimming, biking and hiking. At more than 600 acres, Long Point is one of the largest publicly accessible properties on Martha's Vineyard. It encompasses beach, dune, and woodland, which makes the reservation attractive, environmentally and recreationally. Understandably popular in summer, the property is also an off-season treasure, especially for birders and other nature-watchers.
Four spacious bedrooms let the family spread out. There is a king master bedroom with full bath and two sinks on first floor, king bed in guest bedroom upstairs, full bed with baby crib in one room and a room with two twin beds. Overall there are two full baths and two lavs plus an outdoor shower.
You will find that most of your time will be spent outdoors playing in the spacious yard, relaxing in the rockers on the wrap around farmers porch or dining al fresco!
No pets and no smoking.
Keywords: vacation, porch, family, reunion, yard, expansive, secure, all-island access, first floor master suite, herb garden, open floor plan, conventient location, grandparents, escape, retreat
We have owned this property since 2008. It holds many memories for our immediate and extended family. We take great pride in the care and maintenance of the property as we offer it for rental.
The Owner purchased this house in 2008
We chose this location because we love the all-island access. Each town in the Vineyard has its own personality and you can experience each one depending on your mood and interests. We love the bike and running paths - and of course the proximity to the exquisite beaches at Long Point! If you golf two wonderful courses are within a 15 minute drive. If you like dining out - fabulous restaurants abound.
Martha's Vineyard is an Island with extraordinary beauty and a rich history. It offers a wide variety of cultural and outdoor activities for all ages. It's no surprise that many movie stars, politicians choose Martha's Vineyard as a vacation location.
Listing description left no surprises. The house was just as we expected. Loved the basement games. Proved to be great family time with the kids. Place was clean and clutter free and roomy enough for our family of four plus grandparents. Owner was very responsive to my communication. We did not plan ahead and the owner went out of her way to accommodate our dates. Location was perfect for us. Close to bike paths for the kids and to great riding routes into Chillmark for me. Great yard and deck for peaceful evening relaxation. Loved the General Store and Cafe just a couple miles down the main road. I would definitely stay here again.
My family loved this beautiful property. It met all of our criteria: a spacious, airy, clean house with lots of natural light, a large lawn for our active kids, and an excellent location - central, while also quiet. We wanted comfort and ease, inclouding a large, fully-stocked, hassle-free house within easy biking or driving distance to the best beaches and restaurants. We found all of that here. The other perks that sold us were its spacious deck (with covered dining area), outdoor shower, basement play area, open kitchen/dining/family area, and master suite. We loved cooking out with fresh farm-stand food and eating at the large deck table. The breeze was perfect. It is peaceful day and night, which was important for our napping kids. The lawn is huge and wraps around the house, and the kids took advantage of it every day. Onother reason we chose this house is its proximity to Long Point Wildlife Refuge, which is our favorite destination. I could jog there from the house and enjoy the birds in the early morning, then return with the kids for pond and ocean swimming. We could alos bike or make an easy drive to the other beautiful beaches and towns. We love to explore, but hate wasting a lot of time in the car, so this spot was ideal for us. The house is as attractive, well-kept, spacious, and functional as listed. It has a special place in our hearts now, and we will definitely return. We have and will continue to recommend this house to family and friends of all ages and sizes.
Beautiful home!! We had a lovely time, this house is super well appointed inside and out with a terrific outdoor space for dining and playing (we have two small children and we live in the city, so running around the house was a must!!)...and we loved the outdoor shower :)
Very spacious, comfy and clean...quiet location and really relaxing!
Our family really enjoyed our stay at this very comfortable family retreat. It is quiet setting with lovely grounds and plenty of room for the whole family. After a day at the beach or walking around downtown this retreat gives you a place to regroup and share time with your family and friends. The house is beautifully furnished and equipped. You will really enjoy the outdoor living space especially the wrap around deck and ajoining gardens. Bring your camera because the setting is so poeaceful and relaxing you will want to bring home pictures of the relaxing vaction.There is an outdoor grille and perfect space for dining al fresco. The Vineyard offers so many atractions - you will want to stay longer.
My family and I stayed here last summer and are still talking about what a fantastic house this was to rent. Great location and has everything you need. It is in pristine order--clean, nice furnishings (no stains), good kitchen supplies etc. We loved that the beach was super close and that the yard was a good size for the kids to play in. The front porch is perfect for your evening cocktails or to sit back and rock in one of the many chairs and read your book. We entertained on the side porch which was ideal. Highly recommend this home. (we also stayed in off-season which was great too).
Here is our list of top activites and attractions you will enjoy while staying at our comfortable home:
1) Steps from our house is a paved walking, running, biking path that circles the island and can also take you through the State Forest. This is fun for the whole family or a great escape when you want alone time.
2) Long Point Beach (best in our opinion) – 1 mile from house, special access road. Free with Trustees of the Reservation membership. Such a beautiful beach – and there is a pond that is fantastic for little kids as well.
3) South Beach. 5 miles from house. Bring boogie boards and enjoy the big waves.
4) Dock Street Café in Edgartown – great breakfast! Just a little diner, fun for the kids too.
5) The Cliffs at Aquinnah from above or below on beach – pure natural beauty.
6) Owen Park in Vineyard Haven, swing set, boats and small beach close to town. Fuller Beach in Edgartown also close to town and lighthouse, great for kids and catching small sea animals.
7) Rent Kayaks/Canoes/Windsurfers from Winds Up in Vineyard Haven. (508) 693-4252.
8) Morning Glory Farm on the Edgartown/West Tisbury Road on the corner of Meshacket Road – 4 miles from house. Fabulous veggies, fruits, bakes goods, etc.
9) Flying Horses Carousel in Oak Bluffs. The oldest platform carousel in America.
10) Go for a hike at Cedar Tree Neck or Menemsha Hills.
11) Fishing Charter with Buddy VanderHoop out of Menemsha - he is the best in our family's opinion.
12) Ride on the Chappy Ferry out of Edgartown. Visit Cape Pogue Lighthouse and Wasque.
13) Mad Martha’s Ice Cream!
14) For adult night out – Drinks at Atlantic in Edgartown or the Harborview followed by boat ride across Edgartown Harbor to Lure for dinner. There are tons of restaurants that are wonderful!
15) West Tisbury Farmers Market (on road after Allys General Store) on Wednesdays and Saturdays. This is a must-do summer ritual.
16) Menemsha for dinner. Grab some food at The Bite or call ahead to Larsen’s (508) 645-2680 for pre-cooked lobster. Kids can play on the beach, eat, and watch the sun go down
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Jun 28 2015 - Aug 30 2015
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
Base weekly rates:
May June $3000-3500
July August $5100
September October $3000-3500