|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Conveniently located in West Tisbury near one of the most popular beaches on the island: Long Point Beach. This house is perfect if you are looking for a vacation that accommodates family and friends. 88 Charles Neck Way features access to all major town centers on the island, within 5-15 minutes driving distance. If you want action, it is there to be had. Then you can escape to our captivating home that has all that you could desire for your Martha’s Vineyard vacation. Comfortable, open floor plan lends itself well to spending family time together. The house if fully equipt for a family with amenities that you will not want to pack. The tasteful furnishings create a comfortable atmosphere. Every year we have the property deep cleaned and we keep the house meticulous.
The house is close to the beach and freshwater swimming, biking and hiking. At more than 600 acres, Long Point is one of the largest publicly accessible properties on Martha's Vineyard. It encompasses beach, dune, and woodland, which makes the reservation attractive, environmentally and recreationally. Understandably popular in summer, the property is also an off-season treasure, especially for birders and other nature-watchers.
Four spacious bedrooms let the family spread out. There is a king master bedroom with full bath and two sinks on first floor, king bed in guest bedroom upstairs, full bed with baby crib in one room and a room with two twin beds. Overall there are two full baths and two lavs plus an outdoor shower.
You will find that most of your time will be spent outdoors playing in the spacious yard, relaxing in the rockers on the wrap around farmers porch or dining al fresco!
No pets and no smoking.
Keywords: vacation, porch, family, reunion, yard, expansive, secure, all-island access, first floor master suite, herb garden, open floor plan, conventient location, grandparents, escape, retreat
We have owned this property since 2008. It holds many memories for our immediate and extended family. We take great pride in the care and maintenance of the property as we offer it for rental.
The Owner purchased this house in 2008
We chose this location because we love the all-island access. Each town in the Vineyard has its own personality and you can experience each one depending on your mood and interests. We love the bike and running paths - and of course the proximity to the exquisite beaches at Long Point! If you golf two wonderful courses are within a 15 minute drive. If you like dining out - fabulous restaurants abound.
Martha's Vineyard is an Island with extraordinary beauty and a rich history. It offers a wide variety of cultural and outdoor activities for all ages. It's no surprise that many movie stars, politicians choose Martha's Vineyard as a vacation location.
Here is our list of top activites and attractions you will enjoy while staying at our comfortable home:
1) Steps from our house is a paved walking, running, biking path that circles the island and can also take you through the State Forest. This is fun for the whole family or a great escape when you want alone time.
2) Long Point Beach (best in our opinion) – 1 mile from house, special access road. Free with Trustees of the Reservation membership. Such a beautiful beach – and there is a pond that is fantastic for little kids as well.
3) South Beach. 5 miles from house. Bring boogie boards and enjoy the big waves.
4) Dock Street Café in Edgartown – great breakfast! Just a little diner, fun for the kids too.
5) The Cliffs at Aquinnah from above or below on beach – pure natural beauty.
6) Owen Park in Vineyard Haven, swing set, boats and small beach close to town. Fuller Beach in Edgartown also close to town and lighthouse, great for kids and catching small sea animals.
7) Rent Kayaks/Canoes/Windsurfers from Winds Up in Vineyard Haven. (508) 693-4252.
8) Morning Glory Farm on the Edgartown/West Tisbury Road on the corner of Meshacket Road – 4 miles from house. Fabulous veggies, fruits, bakes goods, etc.
9) Flying Horses Carousel in Oak Bluffs. The oldest platform carousel in America.
10) Go for a hike at Cedar Tree Neck or Menemsha Hills.
11) Fishing Charter with Buddy VanderHoop out of Menemsha - he is the best in our family's opinion.
12) Ride on the Chappy Ferry out of Edgartown. Visit Cape Pogue Lighthouse and Wasque.
13) Mad Martha’s Ice Cream!
14) For adult night out – Drinks at Atlantic in Edgartown or the Harborview followed by boat ride across Edgartown Harbor to Lure for dinner. There are tons of restaurants that are wonderful!
15) West Tisbury Farmers Market (on road after Allys General Store) on Wednesdays and Saturdays. This is a must-do summer ritual.
16) Menemsha for dinner. Grab some food at The Bite or call ahead to Larsen’s (508) 645-2680 for pre-cooked lobster. Kids can play on the beach, eat, and watch the sun go down
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
Base weekly rates:
May June $3000-3500
July August $5100
September October $3000-3500