Cortes Island Cabin Rental Photos and Description
Cabin, 1 Bedroom + Sleeping Porch, 1 Bath, (Sleeps 2-3)
Located within a short walking distance of the Hollyhock Retreat Center on beautiful Cortes Island in the Discovery Islands of British Columbia, this cabin is an idyllic escape for a couple, artist, writer, or anyone seeking solitude and retreat - overlooking the Straight of Georgia, Desolation Sound, and the distant snow-capped peaks of British Columbia.
1) Round, cedar hot tub on the large oceanside deck
2) Modern, custom built, round cedar sweat lodge/sauna in the garden
3) All slate bathroom with separate shower and over-sized tub for two
4) Wireless high speed internet access
5) Sleeping loft with queen bed - down comforter and pillows!
6) Built-in corner 'kasbah' style sleeping sofa with memory foam mattress and views to the horizon
7) Small, fully equipped galley kitchen
8) Large screened-in porch for meals, reading, or napping
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
About Parker Johnson
We live in a lovely and idyllic small town outside of Boulder, CO. Yet when we need to plug into the deep essence of mother nature at her finest - we head for Cortes!
Parker Johnson purchased this cabin in 2003
Why Parker Johnson chose Cortes Island
The view from our cabin is simply as stunning and seductive as it gets. No matter how long we are there - we wish it was twice as long - and our friends and guests pretty much all say the same thing. This is one of those magical places you simply will not want to leave.
What makes this cabin unique
The custom designed, wood-fired sauna in the garden is unique - and sensational. The cedar hot tub overlooking Twin Islands and Desolation Sound is magical - so much so in fact, we conceived our first child there! ;-)