Great Getaway Unless the Weather is Bad
Submitted: February 7, 2013
Stayed: February 2013
I spent a couple of days at this cabin and there were things that were wonderful and things that weren't so wonderful.
- King bed was the most comfortable bed of the dozen rental properties I've visited in North GA
- Kitchen was very well equipped
- Space heaters in the bedrooms were very thoughtful, as were the robes and slippers
- Plenty of towels
- Screened in porch was nice, even though it was too cold to spend any time outside
The Not So Good:
- The queen bed is wobbly and smacks the wall whenever you turn over in it
- There was a lot of debris on the driveway and deck from a storm last week
- Deck furniture and cushions were strewn about the deck (likely also from the storm), and the cushions were frozen to the deck so that we couldn't move them or open the screen door to get to the hot tub
- The placement of the house number was up in the trees and we completely missed it, because we arrived at night. We only found the cabin because we went too far and turned around and the house number was visible on a different sign coming from the opposite direction.
Overall, we had a great time, the rate was unbeatable, and were quite comfortable there. We would probably return.
Families with Young Children,
Owner's Response: As the owners, we are very appreciative of all input, both privately and through the website. It keeps us informed and allows us to keep our cabin in top shape. With regard to this response about the bed... we will make the proper adjustment to fix this issue. Regarding the winter storm... Literally on the afternoon these renters arrived a winter storm with 3 - 5 inches of snow took place. For me, this is a dream come true in the mountains; however, the winds and icing do toss around things like outdoor cushions and can hinder exiting the screened in porch door until snow is removed outside the doorway. As the owners, this is something we cannot help. Thank you!
Did you find this review helpful?