The home was featured in a San Francisco Modern Architectural Home Tour. This is a 4-level Victorian building that, beyond it's facade, has a modern, open interior, glass walls, lots of light, a private elevator spanning all four floors, decks, and breathtaking, gorgeous views of Downtown San Francisco on the East side, and the Golden Gate bridge on the West.
The location is on a quiet, low-traffic, one-way street, and in walking distance of public transportation, fine restaurants, shops, and parks.
With an open floor plan, the kitchen, living room, and dining area are the heart of the house, and a wonderful space to hang out and relax, watch movies and listen to music, or to simply sit and enjoy the sweeping downtown views from the large floor-to-ceiling windows. Built-in sitting areas and custom walnut cabinets throughout the building's 4000 square feet.
Do you enjoy cooking? A great place for elegant entertaining, the gourmet kitchen has top-of-the-line appliances, two refrigerators, a 4-burner Wolf range with a griddle and grill, and two ovens, a huge walk-in pantry.
The master suite is pure luxury. The master bedroom, separated from the other bedrooms by two floors and is very private. The elegantly appointed bedroom has a modern, remote-controlled gas fireplace, lounging bench, remote-controlled curtain, and opens up onto a decks with hot tub for four, outdoor living area with a fire table to keep you warm, and olive trees for privacy. Another deck, accessible from the bathroom, hosts dwarf citrus trees and has views of the Golden Gate bridge. The gorgeous master bathroom has a double vanity, walk-in shower, large, sculptural bathtub, large dressing area and built-in closets.
The home has an integrated stereo and computer system, with state of the art media (two flat screen TVs with internet/streaming access), internet radio, Satellite Radio, 2 large iMacs, and Wi-Fi, speakers in living room, family room, master suite, bedrooms, office, and upper deck. Bring your iPod/iPhone/MP3 to listen to your own music library, or listen to ours.
The layout of the house:
Garage/Lower Level: 1-car garage, access to backyard, tenant-occupied studio apartment (not accessible), access to elevator.
* Large Entryway, modern, sculptural stairway leading up to top two floors of home. The skylit stairway spans the three living-spaces of the building.
*Bedroom #1 overlooks the street and has two twin beds, built-in walnut closets.
*Bedroom #2 has one twin bed and built-in walnut closets.
*Bathroom: Both bedrooms share a joined bathroom with walk-in glass-walled shower, toilet and double sinks.
*Office/Bedroom #3 is large and is currently used as an Office and Art/Project Studio. A blow-up bed can be used in this room.
*Office Bathroom: The office has a private bath with shower, sink, and toilet
* Laundry Room: Walk-in Laundry with large capacity, front loading Miele Washer and Dryer, counter space.
*Access to Garage & Garden
* Gourmet Kitchen- large island, Wolf range, indoor grill and griddle, 4-burner gas stove, double oven; Sub-zero refrigerator, microwave, disposal, instant hot and cold filtered water, many small appliances (ice cream maker, waffle maker, KitchenAid mixer, Cuisinart, etc.)
* Huge walk-in Pantry - full sized refrigerator, storage.
* Living Room with large picture windows with expansive Downtown/East Bay Views; Flat Screen TV, wall mounted and hidden when not in use by a custom sliding panel, internet and streaming TV, stereo with
* Dining Room with expandable table, seats 6-8
* Lounging Nook
* Family Room with Flat Screen TV, internet and steaming TV, convertible Queen sofa bed, daybed.
* Light, lovely bathroom with glass enclosed shower, toilet, vanity, and bench.
* Mini Media Center with 24' iMac, can be closed off by closet doors. Internet access. A great place to read emails or surf the internet.
* Elevator access
* Master bedroom with fireplace
* Master bathroom and dressing area
* Guest bath with vanity and toilet
* East Deck with downtown views, hot tub, lounge furniture, fire table
* West Deck with adirondack chairs, citrus trees, views of Golden Gate Bridge
Keywords: Modern, Contemporary, Views, Large, Spacious, Luxury, Location, Stylish, Castro, Buena Vista, Heights, Gourmet, Unique, Hot Tub, Decks, Parking
We are a family of 5. Sam and Diana are professional designers, and buy and renovate homes and rental apartments. We are native Californians and have lived in San Francisco for over 20 years. Our kids are 8, 10, and 12 years old. We love travel, architecture, music, art, antiquing, reading, film, and really good food.
This property is our personal residence, a 1905 Victorian building which we recently designed and renovated. The front of the building is original in style, but the interior is very modern, but comfortable, warm, and with personality. The views are fantastic. We love living in an urban area, and this location is quiet, but is centrally located in San Francisco, and within walking distance to fabulous food, shops, and diverse neighborhoods. The more well-known neighborhoods of San Francisco are gorgeous, but this location is less touristy and a bit of an unknown secret gem. We love our home and are happy to share it with others that will appreciate it.
This is a luxury home in a safe, quiet, and beautiful neighborhood of San Francisco. It is very central and has easy access to all areas of the city. Walking distance to Golden Gate Park and the colorful Castro and Mission Districts. Pacific Heights, the Marina, and Downtown are only 10 minutes away by car.
San Francisco is a wonderful jump-off point from the Napa and Sonoma County Wine Countries in the North, South to Santa Cruz and Monterey, and East to Lake Tahoe and the Sierras. The San Francisco Bay Area is a cultural and Gourmet Food Mecca of California and the West Coast.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event||Minimum Stay|
Summer 2013/America's Cup
Jul 22 - Aug 21
|Discounts: 14 nights or more: $800 Nightly|
|Wire transfer, Cashier's Check, or Cash Payment prior to arrival.|
|Fees And Taxes||
All fees and taxes included.
Weekly cleaning available for additional fee for stays longer than one week.
For stays of 1 month or longer, weekly cleaning is included in price.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.