|Minimum Stay||3 - 6 nights|
Our cottage is a new location/renovation so all reviews are from the old location, on the same lake... No cats in this cottage now!
We have a wonderful spacious cottage, cathedral ceilings, with all the comforts of home: private outdoor hot tub/lap pool, sandy beach, warm quiet swimmable lake + sandy beach, gas fireplace, BBQ, fire pit, A/C, central vac, elegant new hardwood floors this season, TV, movies, library, full kitchen equipment, espresso maker, garden+lawn, fire pit, hummingbirds, loons, owls, etc . Our cottage has 4 upper + 1 lower bedrooms, open plan great room/ kitchen living room, family/games room, 2 full bathrooms, Ping Pong table, Big wrap-around deck, gas line BBQ, sandy beach with clean swimmable water, kayak, float boards, play room, lego box, board games, etc
We rent to quiet groups, maximum 10+4 but sorry, no animals in the house due to guest allergies.
Keywords: 4+1 Bedroom Cottage, Awenda Park, Georgian Bay, Chalet, cathedral ceilings, country house, guest house, lake retreat, sandy beach,kayaking, hot tub, hot pool, yoga retreats, group holiday, family holiday, winter holiday, ski-do , skiing, ice fishing, skating, sports, hiking, lake activities, photography, trees, wilderness, Awenda provincial Park, biking, etc
We live in Georgian Bay and part time at the cottage, so it's fully furnished and has all the comforts of home! I'm an artist, so the cottage is my art gallery as well. We love sharing our space with people who are travelling, or just want to enjoy the quiet of the country holiday, since we appreciate the same when we are here.
Hilary Slater purchased this cottage in 2012
*2 hours drive from Toronto
* spa retreat cottage
* sandy beach
* hot tub/lap pool- year round swimming
* luxuries of home
* newly renovated
* spacious, bright, cathedral ceiling, hardwood floors in all rooms
*AC, gas furnace, gas fireplace, gas line BBQ, fire pit
*lawn, trees, privacy, large drive
* on Farlain Lake, sandy shallow-access beach
*kayak, float boards, canoe.
*adjacent to Awenda Provincial Park, Georgian Bay.
* Midland/Penetanguishene 10 mins.
* Wye Marsh, St. Marie Among the Hurons,coffee shops, movie theatre, Georgian Bay boat tours, boat rentals, Sailing, live theatre, arts classes, Golf, Martyrs Shrine
* 2 hours to wilderness, loons, hummingbirds, forests, lakes, sunsets, starry skies, silence
Wildlife, birds, trees, silence, escape and just 2 hours drive from Toronto- no stress! Lakeview Cottage is a wonderful place to relax and unwind, without giving up the comforts of home. We've made it cosy and convenient to stay here with the whole family, and the surrounding wilderness makes life make sense. Awenda Provincial Park is just around the corner, so you have easy access while you're visiting. Weekends are wonderful year-round, with skiing and snow mobile trails at the doorstep. Come for a relaxed weekend, or visit St. Marie Among the Hurons for their seasonal specials, or photograph birds in Wye Marsh, and visit the Martyr's shrine. Year round wilderness heaven -and town is just 10 minutes away if you're in the mood for a great coffee shop or a movie on a rainy day.
My family and my brother's family stayed for a week this summer. Our ages ranged from 1 year to 75 years. Everyone had a very nice time. While there were many of us, the cottage was large enough not to be tripping over anyone. The spa was wonderful after a day at the beach. The lake was perfect for the kids. My teens kayaked and fished. The little ones could wade and build castles. We took day trips to the surrounding beaches and fell in love with 2. Ones a 5 minute drive, the other 15. Our weather was great and the one rainy day was spent playing Xbox, ping pong and cards. Shopping is 15-20 minutes away and has everything you need. Also close were The King's Wharf theatre (Drayton Entertainment) and historical villages. The beds were comfortable and the huge kitchen was perfect to create meals fir so many. Hilary was ready for any questions we had, just an email away. Thank you for opening up your cottage to us
1. The owner’s initial e-mail indicated that cottage is 4000 sq. feet and can comfortably accommodate up to 12 people. In reality, the cottage was very small, in my estimation hardly 2000 Sq feet. The cottage has three tiny bedrooms on the main floor; each hardly can accommodate 2 people literally squeezing in. The basement has one more ‘kids” bedroom, which was freezing – it’s couldn't hold temperature of even 15 degrees C in the middle of Canadian Winter!
2. The owner has obligated us to take care of her cat, without mentioning it in the contract or initial e-mails, she informed us about presence of the cat in the cottage only a couple of days before our arriving, so we pretty much did not had a choice. As result, part of our group had to leave in the middle of their vacation because of cat allergy one of them had.
3. The owner has claimed to have a “luxury” cottage while in reality, the cottage had one 3 piece bathroom on the main floor sheared by 3 bedrooms and one 2 piece bathroom in the basement, which we sheared with a cat and therefore could not even close the door. The doors on both bathrooms had broken locks, so there was ZERO privacy, considering presence of 10 people from 3 different families in the cottage! All this by no means match common standards for advertised “luxury” 4 bedroom premises.
4. The owner left us the fridge full of her partially spoiled food and we had to spend our time cleaning up HER food before we able to store our food in the fridge.
5. All leaving space, all drawers and storage space was full of the owner’s own belongings in pretty chaotic order leaving us with virtually zero space for our own stuff and very presence.
6. The owner has claimed 4 bedrooms in her initial e-mail and contract. However, the basement was freezing and NOT in the livable conditions. We had to put kids in the 4-th bedroom as there was no other space, but as result, kids slept in the room with temperatures hardly reaching 15 degrees and my children came home sick with bronchitis.
Would not recomend this cottage to anyone!
Several items in this advertisement are misleading.
The lake is not directly in front of this cottage – there is a road and another cottage before the lake.
Shared beach front – you must cross a street and go down a fairly steep hill before you get to the small shared beach front. It is difficult to transport small children, chairs, and beach items to the beach.
Huge Stainless refrigerator with ice maker – food from the owner and previous renters is kept in the fridge/freezer and cupboards leaving no room for current renters. Ice maker was not working the entire 10 days we rented.
Internet: wifi for whole cottage – the is a 1GB limit but no way to track it, yet overages are taken out of security deposit.
Cottage has 5+bedrooms, bedroom 6: 1 bunk bed, 2 bunks, window, shared bath. This was not actually a room but a nook in the basement with a privacy screen as the 4th wall/door. This cottage only has 4 actual bedrooms and can only sleep 9 adults (just barely) comfortably.
Cleaning fee – there is an additional substantial cleaning fee but you are still expected to clean the cottage (including taking the bbq apart to clean it) before you leave.
Key for cottage – the lock box was broken and we were unable to lock the cottage the entire 10 days we rented it.
The grass on the property was not cut when we arrived and had to be cut (by us!) before we could use the outdoor space.
No cottage handbook or departure checklist were left by the owner yet there were very specific expectations on how the cottage should be left upon departure.
Overall the cottage was average (although still not as advertised) and we made the best of it.
Dealing with the cottage owner after the rental period is what attributes to the Poor rating.
I would strongly recommend looking for another cottage with more desirable features and no extra fees (i.e. cleaning fee & security deposit). This cottage is very expensive for what you actually get.
A beautiful cottage with ample room for for the little ones to play and the adults to socialize. The short walk to the safe little sandy beach was ideal for everyone. Awenda is a nearby alternative. And there really are lots of humming birds which come to the feeders.
Beautiful cottage with nice nice art decors.
Plenty of space for 10+ people (unfortunately only 1 shower)
Shared lake front is a short walk across the street.
Plenty of humming birds to enjoy
I just wanted to share what a great time we had at this cottage. The pictures on this site don't do it justice.The cottage was clean and well-maintained. Alittle dated but in good shape. Very comfortable for our large group. Neighbours were friendly and our children had other children to play with. All amenities available. Our children enjoyed the front yard, play area and beach. A short bike ride to Awenda Park. The drive from Toronto was under two hours! Really great.
The cottage is quite close to Midland and Penetanguishene for shopping. LCBO, Beer Store, Canadian Tire, and Walmart to name a few. Be sure to visit Georgian Shores for local crafts and home decor.
enjoy your stay!
Perfect for winter or summer retreats, -yoga, writers, other groups, or skiing weekends, social gatherings, corporate events, etc - camping, beach barbeques, forest hikes, wilderness, wetland photography, birding, cross country skiing, down hill skiing, hikes, biking, snow mobile trails, ski trails, writing, peaceful escapes, winter activities, fresh air, photography, etc.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Feb 21 2015 - Jun 1 2015
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
6 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||C$800|
|Notes||Smoking anywhere on the property or evidence of alcohol drinking around the hot tub against safety regulations will result in full loss of damage deposit.|
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (CAD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.