East Rosebud Lake is truly one of the most unique and dramatic settings in the Rocky Mountains. In a classic glacially carved valley at an elevation of 6206 feet, East Rosebud Lake is surrounded with sixty cabins forming the historic town of Alpine, Montana. This private 108-acre lakeshore community, managed by the East Rosebud Lake Association, is surrounded by forest service land. Spectacular peaks of the Beartooth Range, rise from the lake to elevations over 10,000 feet and Granite Peak, the highest point in Montana, is just beyond the horizon. Three separate forest service trails originating near the lake lead to Red Lodge, Cooke City and Mystic Lake. East Rosebud Lake is located approximately 45 miles south of Columbus Montana, and 35 miles northwest of Red Lodge, Montana. The final 14 miles to the lake from Roscoe, Montana, is a maintained yet rugged unpaved road. Shortly before the lake there is a 5-mile section of paved road that turns into the unpaved road that surrounds the lake. The nearest major airport is Billings.
Keywords: montana, rental, yellowstone, cabin, rustic, lake, river, fly fishing, hiking, canoe, kayak, whitewater, bike,swim, rock climbing, private, secluded, The Beaten Path
My grandfather built the cabin in 1920. I have spent my life preserving it to the original structure. In the past few years adding an oxidizing metal roof and refinishing interior logs and mortar.
It would be difficult to explain this unique and dramatic setting, once seen the cabin is for the person that appreciates the past, respects nature and a thirst for stepping out of the hectic pace of modern life. East Rosebud Lake is a haven for serenity, wildlife, hiking, and fishing, rock climbing, boating and long walks. The mountains shoot up dramatically around the lake offering a different view every day
There is a lodge at East Rosebud Lake, pool table, foosball and ping pong table. Also a washer/dryer. A boat launch is available for motor boats. We have turned the phone at the cabin, and internet service is available at The Lodge
This rustic authentic cabin built in 1920 is updated with a electric stove, running water & shower, with an outhouse toilet & wood burning stove and fireplace. There is lake access 50 yards from cabin and a canoe available. There is a creek running into the lake close by. East Rosebud River is great for fishing and extreme whitewater kayaking.
East Rosebud Lake Association is under the direct supervision of a resident manager. A limited stock of groceries is available for purchase at the Association store during the summer months (Memorial Day to Labor Day), however it is recommended that you purchase your groceries in Billings, Absarokee or Red Lodge before arriving at the lake.
Rental of this cabin is contingent on awareness of and adherence to the following East Rosebud Lake Association (ERLA) rules:
1. Make sure to arrive at the lake during daylight hours and stop by managers cabin to announce your arrival. If arrival is at off hours proceed directly to the cabin and visit the manager the next day.
2. No large motor homes or trailers are allowed to be parked on ERLA property. Motor homes can be parked in areas just outside of ERLA property.
3. Use of fireworks and firearms are not permitted.
4. No hunting or trapping is allowed.
5. No horses are allowed.
6. No outside fires allowed.
7. No jet skis allowed on East Rosebud Lake.
8. Boat launching from trailers is allowed only at footbridge near outlet of the lake.
9. No garbage storage allowed outside of cabins. Bagged garbage must be hauled from cabin directly to metal bear proof bins located in front of the manager’s cabin.
10. Close chain gates across roadways each time they are used, maintain a slow driving speed on Association roads and no off road driving allowed on Association property.
There is a lodge at East Rosebud Lake, a short walk from the cabin with; pool table, foosball and ping pong table. Also a washer/dryer. A boat launch is available for motor boats. There is phone at the cabin. This rustic authentic cabin built in 1920 is updated with a electric stove, running water & shower, with an outhouse toilet & wood burning stove and fireplace. There is lake access 50 yards from cabin.There is a creek running into the lake close by. East Rosebud River is great for fishing and extreme whitewater kayaking.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency () unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.