Location, Location, Location! Have an enchanting vacation in this 1+ bedroom 1 and 1/2 bath home centrally located in the heart of the Coronado Village and 3 blocks from some of the world’s best white sandy beaches. Everything that Coronado has to offer is within walking distance: the world-famous Hotel del Coronado, fine shopping, gourmet restaurants (including wine tasting, coffeehouses and ice cream parlors), historic family parks, the newly renovated art deco movie theater, Coronado playhouse, Olympic sized swimming pools, skateboard park, and even lawn bowling.
Enjoy relaxing barbecues on the outside paito while enjoying the warm summer sunshine. Kids will love playing at the numerous parks in Coronado such as Spreckels Park, which hosts the old-fashioned “Concert in the Park” with live music every Sunday. Parents will appreciate the gourmet restaurants and fine shopping available close by on Orange Avenue.
This single story home has everything to make your stay comfortable: beautiful hardwood floors throughout, gas BBQ, and outdoor dining area.
Centrally located in the heart of the Village of Coronado:
* Hotel del Coronado -- 10 minutes to this classic beachfront hotel, which was built in 1888 and is described as one of America’s most beautiful beach resorts.
* Golf -- 2 minutes to Coronado Municipal Golf Course, 15 minutes to world-famous Torry Pines Golf Course, close to the other 90 other golf courses in San Diego.
* Boogie boarding/surfing/beach – 3 blocks to some of the #1 rated beach in America
* Sailing – 3 minutes to Coronado Yacht club, 15 minutes to San Diego and Point Loma Yacht Clubs, 20 minutes to Mission Bay
* Sight Seeing – 10 minutes to Sea World, 15 minutes to the world-famous San Diego Zoo, 10 minutes Old Town, 30 minutes to Lego Land, 90 minutes to Disneyland
* Biking and Segway rentals --explore the island on a Segway or bicycle
* Spa Treatments -- local spas offer a variety of spa treatments and salon specialties
* Golf - 5 minutes to Coronado Golf Course; 30 other golf courses (including the world-famous Torrey Pines are within 20 minutes away)
* Fine dining -- walking distance to a wide variety of excellent restaurants from casual to fine dining
* Downtown -- take the ferry across the bay to the historic Gaslamp district of downtown and enjoy the best nightlife that San Diego has to offer
* Baseball – take the ferry and enjoy a day as Petco Park watching the Padres professional baseball team
* Coronado Recreation Center -- stay in shape during your vacation. The Rec Center offers a variety of sporting activities including swimming, indoor rock climbing, fitness center, tennis, skateboarding park, and yoga.
* Transportation – 10 minutes to the airport, ferry to downtown San Diego and Petco Park (home of the Padres baseball team)
* Other nearby attractions -- San Diego Wild Animal Park, Lego Lands, Birch Aquarium, Knotts Soak City, and Disneyland.
Fully Furnished Including:
* Sleeping 4 comfortably
* Quality queen-size bed in the master bedroom with master bath
* Twin trundle beds in second bedroom (can be converted to a queen bed)
Living Room: Fireplace, TV/DVD, Wireless Broadband Internet, Phone
Kitchen: refrigerator, oven, stove, coffee pot, grinder, toaster, blender, cookware, and utensils.
Fully Furnished: Linens, bedding, bath towels, hand towels, iron, ironing board, and alarm clock.
NO SMOKING inside
Keywords: Beach house, Bungalow, House, Vacation Rental, Beach Rental, Gas Lamp Quarter, Downtown San Diego, San Diego Attractions, Disney Land, Sea World, San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park
Five generations of my family have lived in this house since 1923 when my grandfather purchased it for $1,200. Live a bit of history and journey back to a simpler time at my Coronado Village Bungalow. My family is written up in the Coronado History books: for example, my grandfather was an architect who designed some of the museums in Balboa Park. He was related to Elisha Babcock, who built the world famous Hotel del Coronado. My grandmother was a well-known Southern California artist whose art I still proudly display in my home today. My father, an avid football star at Coronado High School Class of ‘42, once rowed a row boat down Orange Avenue after Coronado experienced a great flood.
This charming 1+bedroom, 1 1/2 bath bungalow is in a great vacation spot. Located in Coronado's village makes it perfect for a stroll down to the beach, the famous Hotel Del, shops and restaurants more. San Diego's Gas Lamp quarter is a short drive over the Coronado bay bridge, or a 5 minute Ferry ride across the bay.