Erie House Rental Photos and Description
House, 3 Bedrooms + Other (See Description), 2 Baths, (Sleeps 8-10)
The Sunset Beach House is a rustic, lakefront beach house with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and 3 scenic wood decks. It is the only rental in the Sunset Beach Association, a lake level neighborhood (no staircases or bluffs needed to get to the beach) next to to 16 Mile Creek and Freeport Beach.
This house is a great place for an authentic Lake Erie Beach experience. If you are looking for a great location, this is it. We offer gorgeous picture window views from the living spaces, plus lake views from two of three bedrooms. There are no stairs or bluffs/cliffs between the house and the beach. (For rental homes in our area, be sure to ask about how and where the beach is accessed. Ask for photos.) The sights, sounds and fresh breezes of lake living are experienced here without having to leave the property.
This is a nice family setting -- a quiet residential, family neighborhood built around enjoyment of Lake Erie -- a nice place to relax and unwind, but close enough to town for errands, exploring, wine tasting (11 wineries within 8 miles), a spa visit (Bella Day Spa, 3 miles), a nice dinner (The Cork 1794, 3 miles).
The first floor offers the living area, kitchen, washer, dryer, bathroom with stand-up shower, and one bedroom with two twin beds. We have a table for four and counter seating for two inside the home. Outside there is a picnic table for dining al fresco.
The kitchen is equipped with oven, cooktop, microwave, dishwasher, washer and dryer, cookware, dishes, and utensils.
The second floor has a full bathroom with tub-shower and two bedrooms, both with Queen beds and access to the second floor deck overlooking the lake.
Three scenic wood decks offer outdoor living space, including two decks overlooking the beach and lake.
Two televisions, one on each floor
Two DVD players
Basic cable tv channels
All bed linens and towels provided
Air conditioning provided by 2 units
Heating provided by a gas furnace
Washer and Dryer
Iron, Ironing Board
Off-street parking for up to four cars
Ideal for six people. Beds sleep six, but we provide two rollaway twin beds for a maximum of eight people.
- Sunset Beach is a natural Great Lakes shoreline. It changes with the weather and is not groomed. We do not have sand replenishment at Sunset Beach. We have many beach stones, driftwood, and assorted treasures for the treasure hunters. Sorry, we do not have palm trees or coconuts or inches of sand, but it is a great place to swim, walk the beach, enjoy a camp fire, paint beach stones and treasure hunt.
- Best of both worlds. Freeport Beach, the public beach next to us, does get sand replenishment and grooming. Little ones will enjoy the playground at Freeport Beach. Older kids and adults can enjoy the sand volleyball courts there. In the summer season, Freeport Beach offers a lifeguard.
- Guests with limited mobility can enjoy the lake views from the home and decks. But the beach requires good mobility for access - the surface is uneven with lake treasures such as beach stones and driftwood. Access to the adjacent Freeport Beach requires crossing 16 Mile Creek which is normally ankle to calf deep at the mouth of the creek, but can be deeper when we have rain. Driving distance to Freeport Beach for those who want to bypass the creek is one mile because you have to access Route 5. Walking distance to Freeport Beach is much closer. Please see our photos.
- Lake Erie Wine Trail: We are located in Lake Erie Wine Country with 11 wineries within 8 miles of this home. 26 wineries make up the complete wine trail. Our wineries are open YEAR ROUND and close only on major holidays. With that, we have many artisans, galleries, antique shops and restaurants along our growing trail of wineries. Winery Tours make for a great ladies getaway, classy bachelorette trip, or couples getaway.
Visit during a wine related event or festival, or choose a slower time such as winter or spring to get more personal attention and learning from the winemakers themselves. If you visit during a slower time, call ahead to book a special small group session with a winemaker for a look behind the scenes. A private winery tour would be a nice way to celebrate a special occasion. A special dinner or gathering at a winery is a nice idea for a rehearsal dinner, shower, engagement party. Ask us. We are local and can make recommendations and introductions for this kind of event.
- Our ladies groups also enjoy Bella Day Spa, Double DAB Horseriding Trails, In-Home Wine Glass Painting Class (ask me for info) and other In-Home services (e.g., spray tans, massage). I can also tell you about local events coinciding with your trip.
- World Class Fishing: Lake Erie and it's tributaries are known for world class fishing including walleye, perch, bass, lake trout, and steelhead. We can recommend Charters or discuss parking for your boat. We are in Steelhead Alley. 16 Mile Creek is about 40 feet from this house. 20 Mile is about 3-4 miles from this house. Steelhead season typically runs from October through March, but creeks can and do freeze over for the latter part of the season. We can also recommend a fishing guide if you want to learn how to fish, learn about our area, need equipment or need some tips. Surprise your children, husband, dad or grandpa with a Guided Fishing Trip - equipment and expertise provided. Ask me for recommendations.
- Sunsets: You will notice the local neighbors gather at sundown to catch our sunsets. Watching the sun set each night into the lake is a beautiful thing.
- Nearby: We have a nice variety of restaurants nearby, including the iconic Lake Erie-themed Freeport Restaurant & Tavern just 0.4 miles from the house, The Cork 1794 Restaurant is a new, nicer restaurant just 3 miles away. A local favorite place for coffee/lunch/hanging out is The Boston Bean Café – a cool space with WiFi. We can recommend many more local restaurants and things to do - we are local. For 18-holes of golf, we recommend Green Meadows Golf Course (5 miles).
- We are a short drive to Chautauqua Lake, Findley Lake, Peek-n-Peak Golf & Ski Resort - and new Mountaineering and Zipline Courses, Erie, Presque Isle State Park as well as Presque Isle Downs & Casino, Splash Lagoon Water Park, Waldameer Amusement Park, Malls (Millcreek, Galleria, Grove City). For unique family adventures, we recommend the new mountaineering course and zip lines at Peek 'n Peak, the Horse Riding Trails at Double DAB, and the Scallywags Pirate Ship in Erie.
- Our location is excellent for water sports. If you are looking for a place to kayak, canoe or windsurf, bring your small craft and launch from the beach.
- Larger boats and jet skis can be launched from the North East Marina just 2 miles away and anchored during the day in front of the home.
- For beach sports, try volleyball at the adjacent Freeport Beach sand courts - just a short walk.
- Take a look at our Facebook page - Clement's Lake Erie Cottages - for more photos and suggestions for things to do, to see guest photos, local events, last minute cancellations, special rates for last minute availability and more ideas to help you enjoy your stay here!
SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE
Whether relaxing with sunset viewing, sunbathing, winery tours, shoreline walks, or lake swimming, body surfing, skipping stones, treasure hunting, roasting marshmallows and sea glass finding, everyone in your group will be entertained at this lakefront location.
NORTH EAST, PA – OUR TOWN
North East, PA is Erie's Wine Country, a refreshing small-town getaway from busy lives. Known for its quaint downtown, miles of vineyards and beaches, many wineries, fruit/vegetable farms, and a growing artist community -- this is the good life. Relax and enjoy the lakefront. Grill out and eat at your picnic table. If you want to go out for meals, there are a number of family friendly restaurants closeby. Explore local wineries, enjoy a massage at Bella Day Spa, sightsee, take a horse trail ride with Double DAB, treat your family to local produce -- pick-your-own options available or buy from one of many local farm stands. Downtown North East shopping district now features our new Grape Country Marketplace where you can shop for locally made products and taste wine from 4 wineries.
Erie, Pennsylvania -- with Presque Isle State Park, Waldameer Water & Amusement Park, Erie Zoo, Splash Lagoon, the Tom Ridge Environmental Center and Presque Isle Downs & Casino -- is a 20-35 minute drive depending on destination.
New York State, also closeby, offers Chatauqua Institution, Peek 'n Peak Ski/Golf/Spa, Panama Rocks. A bit farther, Niagara Fall is about 2 hours, doable as a daytrip.
Start a tradition! Book your family beach vacation, fall winery escape or girlfriend getaway today! We are happy to make recommendations or suggestions for your vacation planning. We are local. Ask us!
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
About Lynne Clement
Hello, I am Megan, a lifelong resident of North East, PA. I have grown up along the shores of Lake Erie and continue to reside in this area. My family has owned property on Sunset Beach for several generations over many decades. Thank you for taking the time to view my bio and my Sunset Beach House.
Words alone cannot accurately describe the hidden beauty of this unique property. My family and I have many fond memories at this home. My goal is to provide a quality coastal home for other families or friends to enjoy. I am a local owner/operator with a committed focus on customer service and satisfaction. I am just a phone call away should you need anything during the course of your stay.
A little bit about myself and my interests include: family, traveling, horses, hunting, fishing, swimming, kayaking, biking, gardening, growing pumpkins and Indian corn.
Why Lynne Clement chose Erie
This beach has special meaning, even though I have traveled a great deal to many tropical beaches. Lake Erie is a constant source of natural beauty as it ebbs and flows with the seasons, weather, fish and wildlife. The sunsets are a sight to behold as they bring a slice of heavenly serenity across the horizon line of the lake. I have many, many great family memories here and I trust you and your family will also have fond memories upon staying here also. This is a wonderful private neighborhood with easy beach access.
I purchased this property because of the location on the beach and the incredible views. The panoramic views are a result from being located on beach point at lake level. When I am here, I feel the peaceful tranquility of lake... through the beautiful sights of nature, sunsets, calming sounds of the waves, and cooling breezes. This is a wonderful spot for swimming, kayaking, beach combing, fishing and birdwatching. We have eagles and many other bird species to watch, along with deer that come to the lake to drink.
If you love true lake living you will indeed love this property. This property is like fine wine, it gets better with age. I have recently done extensive remodeling to both the interior and exterior to enhance all of the appointments of this luxury beach house. Location plus luxury make this a win-win beach house rental in all seasons.
What makes this house unique
Sunset viewing from our home is a daily activity.
The sunsets are world class and panoramic. We eat all summer meals outside at our picnic table on the beach, weather permitting. We enjoy our locally grown produce because they taste better when you buy them freshly picked at the farm stand less than a mile away! We have many fresh farm markets to choose from. We like to sleep outdoors on the deck or beach. Life at this beach includes beach treasure hunting (there's more to find when the beach is private), swimming, sunbathing, and not having to pack a bag to go to the beach.