Beautiful place but has some serious flaws
• The owners were on site most of the time and were eager to help us with whatever we needed. They were very nice and personable people.
• The cabin itself was nice and clean. While we were gone it was cleaned for us (including washing the dishes!) which was a very nice touch.
• Where they list “Air Conditioning” in the amenities list is NOT TRUE! Granted, we were there during an unseasonably hot time (95+ during the day) but the temperature inside the cabin was miserable just about all of the time. For the price, the facilities should allow the renter to be comfortable regardless of the weather. When I first brought this to the owner’s attention their first response was “well, you can’t please everybody” but then they were quick to bring us fans which helped a little.
• To compound the lack of A/C, the cabins are right on the main highway leading into Yellowstone. If you have to leave the windows open while you sleep, prepare to deal with a lot of road noise (motorcycle groups are common to and from the park).
• They do have WiFi but it comes from the main lodge and in the cabins the signal is VERY weak. Our devices included an iPad, 3 iPods, 2 android devices, and a Dell laptop. The laptop was able to get 1 or 2 bars of signal but it was very slow. For the other devices there were just a few hot spots inside the cabin where we could get 1 bar and once you found it, you better not move. We used these same devices in 6 other places where we stayed during our road trip and this cabin was the only place where we had any trouble at all.
• There are two beds upstairs but it’s not very suitable for sleeping because 1) upstairs is several degrees hotter than downstairs and 2) there are no curtains so it gets very bright very early up there.
• My biggest disappointment was that our stay was uncomfortable because the cabin was not completely as advertised. I made this clear to the owners but was still charged full price. I think that when you advertise something and then don’t deliver completely that you should try to make it up to the customer.
Bottom line, if it will be cool while you are there, you aren’t bothered by road noise, and internet connectivity isn’t important to you, then this place is nice. Give it a try. If any of the above is important to you or there is a chance of hot weather during your stay, keep looking. There are other nice places in the area that will be more comfortable
Owner's Response: First and foremost, it should be noted that several issues mentioned above have been addressed. We have since installed an air conditioning unit in the house -we do list ac in our amenities, as several of our rooms have always had ac units ... we pride ourselves in accurately promoting our property - and we have ordered an additional internet signal booster, to help alleviate connectivity issues experienced by some devices. Unfortunately, we are unable to do anything about road traffic, as we are located on the only road between Cody and Yellowstone National Park, with our property bordered by this road in front and the Shoshone River in back.
In all fairness, it should also be noted that several attempts were made to appease the guest. When the temperature complaint was voiced, we immediately offered to pack and move the guest to a cooler room, but the offer was declined, as the guest stated it would be too difficult. We then provided several fans - 2 window box fans and 2 oscillating fans - as well as purchasing and installing a ceiling fan that day. The following morning, the guest expressed his appreciation, stating the fans helped a great deal. Upon entering the house for daily housekeeping, we noticed that contrary to our suggestion, all windows were left closed and all fans were left turned off during the day. Furthermore, when we entered the house to clean upon checkout, all baseboard heaters had been turned on, with some set to 80 degrees ...
While checking out, after their 3 day stay, the guest did acknowledge that we were experiencing an abnormal heatwave, and that he appreciated our efforts to make their stay more comfortable. At that time, he neither expressed any dissatisfaction, nor mentioned any desire for a discount; therefore a discount was not discussed.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. We would gladly provide information regarding numerous reviews that we have received.
Helpful votes: 4/4
Did you find this review helpful?