My wife and I stayed in this apartment for 1 week, and were fortunate to have overall very good weather.
This unit has major positives and major negatives.
1. Fantastic views from this 5th floor beachfront spacious balconies(access from LR and both bedrooms).
2. Easy walking distance to the "Corso" and town center.
3. Responsive building managers.
4. Quiet building with a mixture of permanent residents and renters.
5. Available secure parking below building.
1. Entire interior in need of being updated. Paint chipped and faded, furniture torn and worn, carpet old and funky, etc.
2. Both the toaster and microwave oven were broken upon arrival. The building managers replaced both before we left.
3. The dryer made a loud clanking sound.
4. The only coffee-maker was the "plunger" type.
5. No A/C...ceiling fans only. Not sure if this is an issue as we were there in very early summer. However, there were no screen doors leading to the balconey so you'd have to weigh having fresh air vs bugs, etc.
6. The unit had an unpleasant odor that remained in spite of trying to air it out throughout the week.
All in all, it appears that the owner doesn't really care too much about making the apt. attractive to renters. However, if he/she did some relatively minor "sprucing up"(i.e., new carpet, fresh paint, etc.), it would really bring out the unit's potential. By doing so, folks like ourselves would want to return, higher rent could be charged(which would eventually pay for updates), and the unit would be competitive with other more attractive rental units within the building.
As things stand now, we would neither personally return to this apt., nor recommend it to others when there are so many other available and more pleasant alternatives.
Helpful votes: 2/2
Did you find this review helpful?