The House: This beautiful home features steeply pitched roof, stucco,half-timbering and antique diamond pane casement windows on façade with a mix of Tudor and Mediterranean-inspired interiors.The interior's charming arches and ceilings with wood beams bring warmth and elegance throughout the house where large wood windows, French doors, hardwood, stone and tile floors, iron work and fireplace create an inviting environment. The professionally-landscaped front and back yards with water fountain, Japanese maple, native plants, and seating areas offer a setting for meditation or relaxation. The custom designed kitchen features a farm sink, antique Wedgwood stove, arts and crafts style cherry cabinetry, African slate floor, modern appliances and a gorgeous antique stained-glass window over the second bar-size sink. The kitchen is ideal for two cooks and includes a peninsula for informal eating, bar tending or cooking preparation. Charming bathrooms feature Mediterranean tiles and include bathtubs.
Noteworthy features of the house include:: • Decorated with fine art, antiques, and persian rugs
• All beds are new and of high quality to support your sleeping needs
• Fully supplied with linens, dining and kitchen needs, crystal glassware and all modern amenities
• Master Bedroom in master suite is furnished with King size bed and antiques and panoramic views of village and water (SF Bay)
• Second bedroom next to master bedroom has two twin-size beds (Daybed with trundle), office equipment, including desk, printer, bookcase, supplies and offers privacy from other areas of the house.
• Full bathroom (bathtub/shower) on master bedroom suite
• Third bedroom has a Queen size bed, antiques and seating
• Fourth bedroom has a full size bed, desk and seating
• Full bathroom (bathtub/shower) serves two bedrooms on main level
• Beautiful kitchen with Arts and Crafts style cabinetry, antiques and panoramic views of village, trees and water
• Separate dining room with panoramic views
• Grand living room with panoramic views
• Family/recreation room with large TV and Wii games.
• Dual-level large reclaimed Redwood deck perfect for entertainment. Includes outdoor seating and eating furnishings
• Back yard with water fountain, benches and native plants
• Laundry room with eco-friendly machines
• Off-street parking for 1 car and additional parking on street
• WIRELESS/WI-FI in entire house.
• Air beds provided for additional sleepers.
• A separate studio may be available at separate rate for additional 2-3 persons. The private studio is located on the ground floor of the house and it has a separate independent entrance but it can connect to the rest of the house when rented with the house. Studio guests may access laundry room in the house.
• Beautiful community park at the end of our block with playground, tennis courts, picnic areas, basketball court, soccer/track field and gorgeous views of the SF Bay.
The Surroundings and Transportation: The house is situated in the Berkeley hills/Kensington overlooking the San Francisco Bay and it is a wonderful retreat just minutes away from downtown Berkeley and a short drive/metro/bus ride to San Francisco. If you enjoy nature, this house offers you an short 3-minute walk to Tilden Park, the largest regional park in California that offers hiking/biking trails, pony rides, steam trains, pony rides, carrousel, botanical gardens, swimming, golfing, picnic, camping. Over more, the house is only half block to Kensington Park where you and your family will enjoy children's playground/tennis and basketball courts/picnic area/running track/public library and stunning views of the Golden Gate bridge. If you have a dog, you may take a short drive to the Bay-side Pt. Isabel 'dog park'. Neighborhood shops, food and farmers markets, restaurants, and bars are only 2-7 minute away; Bus stop is one block away, near Bart and the 500-Mile Shoreline Trail Around the Bay--a perfect biking enjoyment.