Spacious and centrally located, but needs some updating
Our visit to Helen turned out to be a very rainy weekend. That made the quality of accommodations extremely important, as hiking and town activities were all but rained out. Fortunately, this cabin was very spacious.
* Updated kitchen and appliances
* Nice, large (outside) hot tub
* Spacious wrap-around deck
* Dual charcoal/propane grill with an extra canister of propane
* Spacious living areas
* Outdated furnishings (in the downstairs game room, so old they looked dirty) and TVs
* Farther from town than it seems. Significant incline. Not (comfortable) walking distance from town.
* Fireplace didn't vent correctly... a lot of smoke came in the cabin (even with the flue fully open). This might have been due to the windy and rainy weather conditions. We had to stop using the fireplace after the first fire because it was so bad...
* We encountered several large spiders, most of them dead, but a couple alive...
Families with Teenagers,
Families with Young Children,
Owner's Response: Thank you for choosing our cabin and taking the time to write some feedback. It really helps us to keep this home in good condition.
We have already updated the furniture in the gameroom.
The distance to the town is less than mile, but it is 300 feet above the Main Street, easy walk down, cab brings back with minimal cost, if preferred. We usually walk there and back ourselves. Location gives peace and quiet as well as accessibility to city services.
Fireplace vents once the chimney dries and warms up, If the weather is rainy and cold, burning a newspaper or two before using wood creates draft. We have noticed that cracking the window helps starting the draft in fireplace as well by preventing downdraft.
We had our bug service treating the cabin recently, maybe it increased number of dead spiders which may have surfaced after cleaners went through the cabin, sorry for inconvenience, at least the treatment appears to be effective.
Thank you again for detailed feedback, we will take care of these issues noted.
Helpful votes: 2/2
Did you find this review helpful?