|Minimum Stay||1 - 4 nights|
SNOW IS COMING!!!!!
The Golf-Course Cabin is a small free-standing 'Old-Tahoe' style cozy cabin tucked just behind town center on the border of Kings Beach and Tahoe Vista, CA.
Centrally located in one of the best areas of North Lake Tahoe, this fully-furnished and stocked cabin is walking distance to the Lake, golfing, hiking, beach, and biking trails in summer, and snowmobiling, hiking, skiing, snowshoe trails in winter. It is just a short drive to Northstar at Tahoe (10 min), Alpine Meadows (20 min), and Squaw Valley (25 min) ski resorts. Walk to some of the best local dining on the North Shore. Take a short drive to casinos, sightseeing, and more. We have a private outdoor hot-tub in the back yard, perfect for star-gazing and relaxing after a day in the snow. We are pet and child friendly, with a fully fenced backyard, bunk bed room, and a quiet neighborhood.
The cabin offers one bedroom with a queen bed and a second bedroom with three twin beds (one bunk bed and one separate twin) on the second story. The small living room downstairs has a couch and a second futon-couch that converts to a queen bed for extra sleeping space. There is a gas-powered woodstove fireplace to enjoy warm evenings by the fire (thermostat controlled). There is a fully-stocked basic kitchen with range, oven, toaster, microwave, full-size refrigerator and all the utensils necessary for home-cooked meals.
We have plowed off-street parking for up to three vehicles.
Come enjoy North Lake Tahoe for an affordable rate, in an excellent location. This is not a luxury cabin but it has authentic cabin charm. You can have a real-Tahoe cabin experience but with all the conveniences that our central, Lake-level, easy-access cabin offers.
Keywords: pet friendly, dog, cabin, North Lake Tahoe, hot tub, spa, jacuzzi, lake, northstar, squaw, alpine, affordable, cozy, rustic, yard, fenced yard, snowboard, ski, trails, private, kid friendly
Our family has owned, enjoyed, and managed this property since 1998.
Sonya purchased this cabin in 1998
We love Lake Tahoe and especially the Kings Beach/Tahoe-Vista area. Our property is tucked back on a quiet street but with very close proximity to the Lake, hiking, biking, skiing, shopping, golfing, casinos, and excellent restaurants. Our neighborhood has a lovely welcoming small-town 'Tahoe' feel.
Centrally located in one of the best areas of North Lake Tahoe, this cabin is walking distance to golfing, hiking, beach, and biking trails in summer and snowmobiling, hiking, cross-country skiing, snowshoe trails in winter. It is just a short drive to Northstar at Tahoe (10 min), Alpine Meadows (20 min), and Squaw Valley (25 min) ski resorts. It is in town -- walk to restaurants, beach, shopping, groceries, and some of the best local dining around. But, step out the back door to the third tee of the Brockway Golf Course or walk across the fairway to miles of local trails! You can walk or take a short drive (less than 5 miles) to many local dining options including Lanza's Restaurant, Spindleshanks restaurant/wine-bar, Tacos Jalisco (excellent home-cooked style authentic mexican take-out), Wild Goose (fine dining - summer only), Blue Onion Cafe, Log Cabin Cafe, or Gar Woods Restaurant/Pier. We have a private outdoor hot-tub under-the-stars. We welcome pets and have a fully fenced backyard.
Other reviews summarize the location adequately.
Pros: near the lake and Kings Beach. Still a good drive to Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows, but just down the hill from Northstar. Not too far from Mt. Rose Ski Area or Diamond Peak.
Close to a supermarket, restaurants, etc.
Fenced back yard is good for pets / kids (although jumpers of both species could make it out)!
The bed wasn't bad. Considering that I whine when on fairly comfy beds, this was a plus.
1) The main heat was apparently on the fritz (thermostat was "on", but no heating was happening). I switched to the gas fireplace, although even it was inoperable after our first night. I was successful at starting it at 1am upon arrival, but it wasn't the best welcome to receive and troubleshoot / figure out at that hour. At least it worked, I thought. The next night, we were unable to get it start, even though the pilot light was continuously lit. Luckily, there were some portable space heaters, and we made use of their portability.
2) The tableware was awful. Can't a rental be upgraded with some Target "silver" and T-Fal (no need for Calphalon, etc.) pots/pans? Our two nights rent would easily cover the cost of these and more.
3) There is no staging area between the wet/snowy outdoors and the living room. You're in or out. That means you're going to track snow/dirt right wear people walk. I recommend using the rear entrance, if you're like us and want to keep the place tidy.
4) The master bedroom (versus the bunkbed room) had a pervasive smell of pet urine. This is the deal killer for us returning. It wasn't obvious upon arrival, but our unit was quite cold. Once the space heaters raised the temps (and during the daytime), the smell was evident. (I grew up with an untrained dog, and grew to hate the smell.) My dogs are AKC canine good citizen trainees, potty trained to the point of being systematically annoying until let out. I knew the smell wasn't due to my dogs (who were crated downstairs anyway)! Under the kitchen sink was a quart bottle of pet urine neutralizer, so clearly the owners are aware of the problem, but awareness isn't enough.
To summarize, I knew not to expect Shangrila, and was open to a dated ski shack. We weren't there for anything more than eat, sleep, and shower. Still, I expected heat and and basic cleanliness. Luckily, the cabin's issues are readily fixed. Maybe by the time you're reading this, they will have been addressed. How to verify?
This cabin is perfectly located close to everything and a short walk to the lake. It is just as small as the photos show but it was clean and comfortable with a fireplace, dvd player and flat screen tv, wifi etc. In fact the only downside is the neighboring homes are pretty close so you don't get that secluded, cabin in the woods feeling. Upside is it is very close to a Safeway for last minute grocery runs, golfing and a 10 minute drive from virtually everything you could want to do in Tahoe. And the fenced yard is great if you bring your furry companion! We will definitely stay here again!
We stayed at this cabin for 4 nights and enjoyed it very much. Although it's not fancy it is very comfortable for a small family, we even brought our dog and she loved the back, fenced yard. The cabin is in a great location, walking distance to Kings Beach. The Old Brockway golf course is right there at the back door, my husband even saw a mama bear and her cub crossing the fairway! It's a great place just to hang out, enjoy the warm summer nights on the deck, stargaze from the jacuzzi and easy walking distance to town, shopping, restaurants. A nice laid-back vacation and a comfortable cabin., better than a hotel room any day! Thank you!!
Location, Location, Location! Just two blocks to the beach and walking distance to restaurants, grocery store, golf, and hiking/cross-country skiing. A short drive to Northstar (10 minutes), Alpine Meadows (20 minutes), and Squaw Valley (25 minutes) ski resorts. Five minutes to the California/Nevada border and Casinos.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 4 guests; add $10 per night, per additional guest|
|Refundable damage deposit||$350|
|Cleaning||$95 + Tax|
|Pet Fee||$35 + Tax|
|Notes||Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed. Carefully review the rental agreement before booking to learn about our policies, including but not limited to: the cancellation policy, pet policy, and return of the security deposit. Clicking that you agree to the rental agreement enables the rental agreement as a legally binding contract between you and the owner(s).|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.