You Get What You Pay For
It's been a couple weeks since my vacation so I'll try my best to give a fact-based review of the property and leave emotion out of it:
- The price.
- The location. You are close to the major Orlando attractions, situated approximately a 1/2 mile off the main road that runs through Kissimmee.
- Quiet (the resort seemed quiet in the evenings, with the exception of SuperBowl Sunday, but that's to be expected).
- The "cleaning fee" you get charged is a complete scam. We arrived to find previous tenant's hair on all the pillows, food in the carpets, unclean dishes in the kitchen and even a Disney Fast Pass from 2009 in the night stand (keeping in mind it was 2013 when we were there). If you are a clean freak you will be disgusted.
- The dishwasher barely works, appliances (like the blender) don't work at all and the loud laundry machine is situated conveniently in the main living area so everyone can gather around and enjoy it's southing metallic squealing.
- The internet is weak at best. If you've traveling with laptops or iPads/iPhones it's going to drive you crazy. I finally had to call the internet company and have them do a reset on the whole thing, and even then I routinely had to reset router so we could actually go online.
- And of course there's the hot tub, which I had to correspond with the owner no fewer than 12 times during my vacation. You won't see it in the listing anymore (because it was conveniently removed as soon as I mentioned it), but each of the Coral Cay properties has a private hot tub on the patio. When we arrived we found the patio on this property with the light burned out and the hot tub drained (except for a lovely pool of algae growing in the bottom). I'll give the owner credit, he did respond to my emails, but his responses left a lot to be desired. "Hey do you wanna clean/fill the hot tub yourself?" became "Ok so you don't wanna clean and fill the hot tub yourself? Well I guess I'll find somebody to clean/fill it", which finally became "Nobody in the state of Florida cleans and fills hot tubs". I kid you not, I was told that after an "exhaustive" search, nobody cleans and fills hot tubs.
So there you have it. If I could have I would have given this place 1.5/5. My guess is the other 5/5 review is likely from the owner. Just wanted to let you know what you're getting with this property, because if I had seen a review like this prior to booking I would have thought twice about it.
Owner's Response: This guest just tries to do everything he can to get more money from the owner including lying in his review and writing multiple E-mails to threatening about writing the bad review. The cleaning fee is clearly listed on the quote and every other guest paying the cleaning fee and is satisfied with the condition of house. On the day he arrived, he was there when cleaner do the work, he had the opportunity to point out but he didn't. In fact the house was cleaned, th pillow cases and sheets were washed and trash was taken out unlike what he described on his review. The only thing in the house is hot tub has not been set up, we are in the process to have it fixed. The tenant using it as an excuse asking for the refund. After given the offer for the free stays and some compensation, he still not satisfies, writing the review with false statements. You should see how other tenant say about this house and make your own judgment.
Helpful votes: 34/37
Did you find this review helpful?