Milam Lodge Rental Photos and Description
4 Bedrooms (Sleeps 10) 2.5 Baths, Home Theatre, Fishing Pier, Brand New Kennel
This is a 3000 sq. ft. custom Lake House, built in 2011 and located on world renowned Toledo Bend Reservoir.
* 4 beautiful bedrooms (2 King Beds, 1 Queen Bed, and 4 Twin Beds). Each of the 4 bedrooms has a 26 in. flatscreen TV. Pak 'n Play available upon request. We're on approx. 8 acres and feature 400+ feet of waterfront property.
* Great Room features fantastic views of the water and opens up to fabulous covered porch. Hardwood floors. 50 in. Flatscreen TV with Dish Network's America's Top 200 package which includes NFL Network, CBS Sports Network, NHL Network, NBA TV, Regional Sports and SO MUCH MORE!
* FREE WiFi
* Fully equipped kitchen has stainless appliances and granite counter-tops. Kitchen features a pots and pans, dishes and silverware, blender, coffee pot, serving trays, restaurant style Belgian waffle maker, and more. High chair available upon request.
* Luxurious Bathrooms
* Brand New Fishing Pier
*One bedroom cabin...call for availability
* Brand New On-site kennel with 4 inside cabins, each with doggy door access to a covered play/potty area.
On Site Activities and Equipment: * Brand New Fishing Pier
* Fish and Game Cleaning Station
* Swimming in Natural Cove
* Camp fires (except during county wide burn ban)
* Bounce & Splash Castle Slide for the kids (rental)
* Bird Watching
* Boat Launch within 1/2 mile
Located directly on the famous 'Chicken Coop': We are located on a stretch of the Sabine River bed that touches the west side of the lake and stays close to shore for nearly 2 miles. This prime fishing area is well known to locals as The Chicken Coop. This crappie hole was named such because of several large commercial chicken houses that once lined the top of the ridge near the river bank. This deep stretch of the river is has developed a reputation over the years of producing almost unbelievable numbers of crappie for approximately six to eight weeks during the winter, depending on weather conditions.
- pets considered
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- Events Allowed
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- Low Allergen Environment
- Long-term Renters Welcome
Guestbook comments from the owner
"I wanted to take time to thank you for extending your cabin to us this past weekend. We loved the atmosphere and hope to go back soon. We enjoyed every single minute there, the view was breath taking and relaxing. Again, thank you"
Missy Gegenheimer or Tracy Gegenheimer
My husband, Tracy, and I were born and raised in New Orleans, LA. I am a 37 year Human Resources professional who relocated from New Orleans, LA to Houston, in 2005 - one month before Hurricane Katrina! We purchased this waterfront acreage with the intention of building a home for our retirement years. However, I retired early in order to begin our own vacation rental business. Construction of our 4 bedroom Lodge began in 2010. Cliffside Lodge opened to the public in July, 2011 and is such a success that we to added a cozy 1 bedroom cabin and our brand new 3 bedroom Lake House. We have also added a fantastic fishing pier, fish cleaning station, a boarding kennel, and many more amenities. We have been blessed with 3 great children, 3 wonderful grandchildren, 4 terrific dogs and 3 grand dogs! Please visit our website: www.cliffsidecabins.com for more information and a full list of our amenities
Being from South Louisiana originally, we have always loved living close to the water, so we searched for waterfront property that offered great fishing, water sports for the kids, scenic shorelines, and breathtaking views. Without a doubt, Toledo Bend was the perfect spot. We are located on a bluff, directly above the Sabine River on the 'Chicken Coop', a deepwater section of the river that is famous for great cool weather crappie fishing . Toledo Bend reservoir is ranked nationally as having some of the best year-round bass fishing in the United States. As an added bonus, the panoramic views from our covered deck allow us to see the western border of Louisiana, our home state.
The bluff overlooks the lake and offers privacy from boat traffic and spectacular sunsets every evening. There is a natural cove on our property which allows for access to the water and a natural shalestone beach. Our guests enjoy swimming, tubing, and jet skiing right from the cove and fishing from our pier. We also offer a 1 hole practice driving range, fish cleaning station, large fishing pier, and much more! Toledo Bend Reservoir is a nationally known bass fishing lake, and numerous tournaments are held here each year. For wildlife enthusiasts, bald eagles nest nearby and provide quite a spectacle when perched in the pine trees that line the bluff. Fox, red headed woodpeckers, cardinals, black squirrels, ducks, and deer are among many species of wildlife that are very common in the area. East Texas is also part of the central flyway for multiple species of neotropical migratory birds including songbirds, hawks, and shorebirds.