Edisto Island House Rental Photos and Description
House, 4 Bedrooms + Convertible futon, 3.5 Baths, Sleeps 10
If you love nature you will love how this house brings the outdoors inside! It is a contemporary home with oversized windows that provide a 360 degree view of a lagoon, marshes, and the ocean. The house provides 3100 sq feet of indoor living area, with an additional 1500 sq feet of deck on 3 levels that greatly increases the living area and provides amazing views. You can sit on the deck and see and hear the ocean while watching the many birds that frequent the lagoons and marshes. This property is located in private Jeremy Cay which is on the north end of the island and a short drive to the town of Edisto. The private 2.5 miles of beach is located between Jeremy Inlet and Frampton's Inlet - it is known for the excellent shelling. It is a very short walk to the beach or a golf cart rental can be arranged.
The second floor contains the main living area, a half bath, and a bedroom with private bath. It has an open floor plan with a fireplace, vaulted ceilings, large dining area and a well-equipped kitchen with top of the line appliances. There is a deck off the sitting area that overlooks the lagoon, marsh and ocean and provides expansive sunrise views. On the same level, adjacent to the dining area is a deck that offers excellent sunset views. The bedroom contains a king-size bed with a private bath (claw foot tub!)
The first floor has a large master with a king bed and a private deck- wake up to an expansive sunrise over the ocean! The private master bath has a whirlpool tub and glass shower. Across the foyer from the master bedroom are a bedroom with a queen bed and a room with a futon, both having access to a full bath.
The 3rd floor loft has a queen bed and 2 twin beds with a deck overlooking the eastern marsh and ocean. There is also a foosball table for your enjoyment.
The area under the house has a screened in porch next to the lagoon. Here you will find an outdoor shower (bug free), a table with chairs, and a ping pong table.
There are hardwood floors throughout. The house exterior has been re-sided and painted in the winter of 2014 for a new, clean and fresh look.
• Wi-Fi throughout the entire house.
• Large TV in the main living area (with DVR and DVD player.) TVs located in all private bedrooms.
• Google TV in the loft to offer internet access for movies, etc.
• A reverse osmosis water filtration system provides excellent water throughout the house.
• Foosball table and ping pong table for your recreation
• The adjacent lagoon provides on-site crabbing and fishing. You can also use non-motorized boats on the lagoon with access next to the house.
• Golf is available at the local Plantation Golf course, Stono Ferry or drive to five championship courses at Kiawah.
• Hiking, fishing, and boating opportunities exist at Jeremy Cay or close-by at the ACE Basin Wildlife Refuge and Botany Bay. If you are a history buff, there are also several close by museums and old mansions to explore.
• Non-shedding dogs are allowed with permission for a fee.
• Golf cart rental available from owner with request.
• Linens (sheets, kitchen and bath towels) are included with the cleaning fee.
Keywords: Ocean view, private beach, pet-friendly, spacious
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
Why Vickie Shallcross chose Edisto Island
Edisto Island sits in the middle of the costal area of the 350,000 acre ACE basin- one of the largest intact costal ecosystems on the east coast. This protected area is home to many endangered and threatened species. Wildlife is abundant which was evident from this house we purchased in December, 2011. The design of the house brings the outdoors in and the large, high decks place you in the flight pattern of snowy egrets, ospreys, eagles, and more. If one desires to venture from the beauty and privacy of the house the ACE Basin National Refuge and Botany Bay Island are very close and provide multiple hiking and boating options in these protected settings.
What makes this house unique
Privacy, easy beach access, great shelling, non-motorized boating on site possible, crabbing and fishing on site, gournet kitchen, large outdoor living space with fantastic views of a lagoon, marshes and ocean. The many windows looking out over the lagoon provide constant viewing of the many different birds feeding. The marsh and surrounding land provide occasional views of deer feeding particularly during hunting seaon (safe territory.)