Nice stay in condo with some problems
Submitted: August 13, 2012
Stayed: August 2012
We had a reasonably pleasant stay in this condo in The Summit complex in Mammoth Lakes.
There are a few things that we found to be a problem. Some concerns were quickly addressed the next day.
1) The VRBO listing showed wireless internet - indeed, there was no wifi and so, this was frustrating until we found the ethernet cable. I had expected wifi as advertised and found the listing to be misleading. I asked for a longer cable as it was only 4 ft long.
2) There was not any information in the condo about the cable, TV, internet, appliances, check out procedures, etc. I have never been in a rental that did not have a simple page somewhere (like on the fridge) giving these types of instructions.
3) There was no way to figure out the TV controllers to operate the various devices. We had to manually turn the TV on and off without any controllers to operate anything. There were 4 controllers in the living room and only one had batteries (thanks for sending some batteries with the housekeeper). Ultimately, we just gave up and read instead, but it would have been nice to have some instructions on the system.
4) There were no drinking glasses, mixing/salad bowls, etc. The pots and pans are junky. (thanks that the housekeeper brought some things after I called).
5) There is no cutting board for slicing, cutting, etc. Usually, kitchens are equipped with at least one or two cutting boards.
6) It would have been nice someone to have been responsive on Thursday evening to have returned my calls and emails about wifi - I had to wait until the morning and then called the office.
7) If you expect anyone other than a small child to sleep on the bunk beds, you need to put in more slats under the mattresses. As they are, they won't support much without falling through the spaces. Therefore, they are impossible for sleeping. fortunately, the couch was fine for our daughter to sleep on.
8) Leaving the key on the threshold is rather risky for check-in. We arrived late in the evening and if the key had been missing, we would have had a hard time getting someone out to open for us. I suggest a lock box as many people use.
9) There are no lights in the living room area, making it very hard to read or see much at night in that area of the room.
The condo is otherwise nice, well located, good grounds, and except for the 60 or so high school track team kids who were rather noisy and staying above and around us, otherwise, it was a pleasant stay.
Families with Teenagers,
Families with Young Children
Helpful votes: 1/1
Did you find this review helpful?