Charming, fresh 1 bedroom, 1 bath home, located on beautiful and quiet 600 acre Pleasant Lake in New London, New Hampshire. over 100’ of private, shared waterfront are right below your deck, with 6x30’ dock, sandy bottom swimming area, picnic table, and canoe.
This very recently renovated and furnished house sleeps 2-4+, including a master bedrooms just above the water’s edge with a queen bed and private bath, plus a fold-out double-sized couch in the living area. The house is insulated for spring and fall chills, with propane heat, and a propane fireplace. There is space for parking several cars a few steps away, plus a shared two car garage for storage of your car, bikes, water toys, kayaks, etc.
This is a superior choice for summer and fall vacations of a week or more. Pleasant Lake is pure, safe, and quiet (no jet skis), and offers excellent swimming, boating, sailing, fishing, waterskiing, plus ducks and loons to enjoy. Our dock sits in up to seven feet of water, has a ladder into the water, and you may bring or locally rent a boat and keep it at the dock. The boat launch site is a very short walk or paddle away, as is the Elkins Beach town park. The charming college town of New London is a short drive, a walk, or a bike ride away.
This home has good privacy, with its own lawn, trees, and gardens. It shares the lakefront and dock with our 2 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath home, which is immediately across the other side of the road (visible in photo taken from the water). That home is also available at the same rates. Together, the two make an outstanding family & friends compound! If you have interest in that home instead, or both, please inquire or check property #15165 on vacationrentals.
Our kitchen is fully furnished with a refrigerator with ice maker, electric stove, microwave, toaster oven, blender, and coffee maker. It is also fully equipped with cookware, dishes, glasses, coffee mugs, flatware, picnic ware, etc. The dining area has a table for four, and there are also four high stools for sitting or eating at the kitchen peninsula countertop- The living area includes HiDef TV with DVR, DVD player, VCR, a (fold-out) couch and chairs.
- There is a lovely stone fireplace in the living area, with a remote-controlled gas fire to enjoy during cool days or nights.
- The bedroom has a queen bed, a full closet and two dressers. All bedding,
including linens and pillows, are provided. The bedroom also has a HiDef TV with DVR, but the views of the lake out of the three windows may cause you to skip TV for a week!
- The bathroom has a tub with shower, a vanity with sink & lighted mirror, a washer/dryer, and a hair dryer. It has two entrances, one off the bedroom, and the other from the living area.
All towels are provided, including beach towels.
- There is a large front and side deck with built-in benches, plus patio furniture of tables, 6 chairs, umbrella, and gas grill & barbeque tools.
- We have 50Mb secure Wi-fi Internet access.
- There is garage space for your stuff.
- The large canoe is sturdy aluminum and we have paddles & many life jackets, including kids'. Good for fishing or just paddling around the lake. It can easily hold a family of four.
- There is a small library of books, video DVD’s & tapes, cards, board games, and jigsaw puzzles.
- We have a landline telephone for local and inbound calls. You may also use a prepaid long distance card. Most cell phones work well here.
Keywords: Sunapee, lake, house, cottage, lakefront