|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Spoil yourself at the exclusive New Bern Suite. Located in the Heart of Downtown New Bern, just minutes from the riverfront and Tryon Palace. Privacy, Ironed Crisp White Linens and Hand-Picked Decor welcome you home for your visit. Full kitchen, Open Plan and Warm wood floors... fit for the most demanding tastes. Second story windows add wonderful flowing natural light. Your stay at the New Bern Suite will be punctuated with relaxation and sophistication. Come & go as you please. No other guests to invade your privacy. Indulge in the quiet of the New Bern morning by having breakfast at any number wonderful olde towne coffee shops or experience the New Bern nightlife in any of the exlusive restaurants just around the corner. Visit the area's beaches, historical sites and recreational facilities, or just enjoy the water surrounding our beautiful city of New Bern. You'll Love it here!
Unique & Comfortable: Exclusive Private Entrance
Ironed, Crisp, White Linens
Free High Speed Wireless Internes Access
Extened Cable Service on a 32' Plasma Schreen HDTV
Private Bath Appointed in Slate and Granite
Luxurious Queen-Sized Bed and Private Bedroom
Separate Living Room offering a Full-Sized Sleeper Sofa
Washer and Dryer...ideal for Extended Stays
1st Morning Complementary Bagle Breakfast & Java : For your first morning wake up, make sure to let us know how to customize your Complementary Bagel Basket & Java ...It's on the house!
Plain, Poppy, Sesame, Onion, Garlic, Everything, Salt, Tomato Basil, Spinach, Cinnamon Raisin, Oat, Pumpernickel, Marble, Jalapeno, Whole Wheat, Egg, Chocolate Chip, Strawberry, Banana Nut, Blueberry, Cheddar Cheese or Apple Cinnamon
Cream Cheeses :
Plain, Honey Walnut, Strawberry, Vegetable, Green Olive, or Scallion
Low Fat Cream Cheeses:
Plain, Strawberry or Vegetable
Cinnamon Butter, Honey Butter, or just plain old Butter
Peanut Butter, Grape Jelly, Strawberry Jelly, or Honey
Top 5 Websites for New Bern: 1. www.GoBalloon.com - New Bern's only RE/MAX office
2. www.VisitNewBern.com - New Bern Chamber of Commerce
3. www.TryonPalace.org - Historic Tryon Palace and The North Carolina History Museum
5. www.nbsj.com - The Sun Journal - Our local newspaper
6. www. REMAX.com - Local Real Estate
I am a real estate broker in the New Bern area and available to show you properties in the area. New Bern is a beautiful town in Eastern North Carolina and I think it is the Best!
Janice Orr purchased this condo in 2004
I purchased this property in the small downtown district of New Bern because the location was outstanding! You can easily enjoy all this Historic Downtown area has to offer. The location is hands down, one of the best in New Bern. The waterfront is only 2 blocks away....be sure to visit the waterfront and nearby marina while you are here!
The ability to step out the door and be in the center of Historic Downtown New Bern
There are no hotel employees to deal with, it's a unique private condo...come and go without all the fuss.
Coffee shops, park, shopping, churches, resturaunts...you want for nothing!
Bring your bikes, kayak, boat or tennis shoes....plenty to enjoy.
Two blocks from the waterfront...you can't beat that!
Perfect location. Very Clean. Very nice place. Do think more detailed instructions on parking and checking in ahead of time,would be very helpful. Owner was very accessible and helpfil though. Bagels,and Coffee was a fabulous extra touch. Would definitely stay here again.
Excellent location, perfect for walking the little town. Exceptionally clean and we would definitely stay here again. We did not have any problems with the internet (phones or ipad), the television is small and in an odd location especially for its size, if that matters to anyone else (did not to us). We were also not offered the "1st Morning Complementary Bagle Breakfast & Java", perhaps we were supposed to ask, but during our busy travel schedule it slipped our minds until it was too late, so perhaps a word of advice to future travelers would be to mention this yourselves as it would have been nice. Luckily, there are delicious restaurants near by for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. Parking around back was very convenient, we did have a car that parked crooked in front of us, but we were able to maneuver out. Keep in mind this is a busy tourist town and parking is behind the building facing a busy restaurant. We would recommend visitors plan on walking.
All in all, you cannot beat the location and cleanliness.
I guess it depends on what you're looking for. I was personally looking for a place that was centrally located, clean, with enough space. This suite satisfied all of those. This is a nice cozy place above the Realty office and it has a nice personality. It is right in the middle of town which is great with restaurants very nearby. Clearly a lot of time was spent making sure the place was in great condition. Floors, kitchen, bathroom, towels and linens were all in great shape and even the comforter was still in the dryer when I arrived. If you're looking for the Waldorf-Astoria, then this place is probably not what you're looking for, however I would take this place over the aforementioned any time.
Regarding what a couple of reviewers have mentioned, you should probably watch the stairs. It's not that they are and they imminent threat but I did slightly worry of slipping down the stairs while wearing my socks probably just because the hardwood floors were so clean. As far as the Internet goes, it's probably an issue that has been resolved by now. You are supposed to connect to the Internet from the Realty office downstairs and when connected it works pretty well. This is instead of using the Wi-Fi that is coming from the apartment itself which has a lot stronger signal. I never heard it understand the reason for not connecting to that. My computer had no difficulties at all connecting but the iPad and galaxy seemed not to be too happy.
I would definitely recommend this to a friend and Janice was extremely accommodating.
Wonderful place for a getaway.. Beautifully decorated. We had a wonderful time
I have a lot to say about this property. Overall, it was fine.There are lots of areas for improvement though. Keep in mind we traveled with a 3 year old and 1 year old.
-Location is awesome! Right in downtown New Bern and there is a church nearby with a playground. There is a great place to eat for breakfast nearby also, Baker's Kitchen.
- The bedroom is very nice. It is quiet and cool with curtains that keep the light out. The bathroom is also great sized. The kitchen is nice too. You have all of the appliances you might have at home.
- The stairs are a dangerous situation for small children. They are steep and there is nothing blocking them. We asked the owner to install a pressure-mounted gate before our arrival, but she refused citing concerns that the gate itself would fall down the stairs. If this might be an issue for you, don't stay here!
- The internet is ridiculous. It hardly connects. You can't stream anything, which leads me to the next con.
- The TV is a joke. It is tiny and across the stairway. If you have children who like watching TV in the morning or enjoy watching TV yourself in the evenings you can forget it. There were several nights where my husband went out with family while I stayed home with the kids. I couldn't watch anything on the TV and the internet is so bad I couldn't stream anything from Netflix on our tablet.
- We had our 3 year old sleep out on the pull-out couch. This worked well except for a few things. The bed has sheets but there are no pillows for that bed. We had to use one of the pillows from the bedroom, which left my husband and I with only 3 flat pillows. It just seems to me that if you are going to provide a pull-out bed you would provide pillows to go with it. Additionally, the blinds in the living room area are a weave that are see-through. They block out no light and it was very difficult to keep it dark in there into the morning. We ended up stuffing towels into the tops of the blinds to block light.
- Small issue, but there are only 7 hangers in the closet. 2 adults staying for a week, you do the math.
This would be a wonderful place for a couple on a romantic getaway. I will not stay here again with my family though.
Other Activities: boating, yoga, dance lessons, art classes, road biking
Golf: New Bern has many golf courses open to the public. Contact owner for a list of courses. We can even schedule your tee times...just pick a spot. Here's a list of courses in our area: Take a peek!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add $50 per night, per additional guest|
|Cleaning||$30.00 + Tax|
|Notes||Due to allergies of many customers, we maintain a NO Pet, NO Smoking environment.|
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.