St. Leonard Cottage Rental Rates
- 105/nt and up
- US Dollars
- Spring Rates start at $105/night email for rates and availibility
Just steps from the Chesapeake Bay, this charming pet-friendly home features fabulous water views. Relax in the hot tub; lounge on the deck or unwind in the screened-in porch. For the adventurer, it’s a great spot for kayaking, fishing and canoeing.
The shaded back yard is perfect for a gathering of family and friends (and keeps Fido happy!).
Nestled in the wooded area of the Calvert Cliffs, the home’s close proximity to Flag Ponds Nature Park allows you to try your hand at fossil hunting. Sharks’ teeth and other Miocene fossils can be found along the park’s shoreline. Picnic tables are provided, so consider packing a lunch and spend the day hiking the trails, exploring the beaches, fishing or bird watching. Pets are welcome at the park.
Also close by is Jefferson Patterson Park, which features 500+ scenic acres along the Patuxent River, more than 70 identified archeological sites and is home to Maryland’s Archaeological Conservation Laboratory. Other features include a Native American village, farm exhibits and an interactive visitor center. For history buffs, the area was the site of several key battles during the War of 1812.
A few miles south is the popular Maryland destination of Solomons Island, home to the Calvert Marine Museum, AnnMarie Sculpture Garden, a boardwalk, popular seafood restaurants and charter fishing and sightseeing boats.
A town of just over 500 people, St. Leonard features quaint shops and retains a “small-town feel.”
Fun fact: The opening scene in Clint Eastwood’s “In the Line of Fire” was filmed just a few blocks away from the home at the Flag Harbor Yacht Haven.
* Fossil hunt, hike, fish or just explore at nearby Flag Ponds Nature Park (pet friendly!)
* Visit the Native American Village or Maryland’s Archaeological Conservation Laboratory at Jefferson Patterson Park
* See battle sites from the War of 1812
* Enjoy great seafood, a walk on the boardwalk or shopping in antique stores in nearby Solomons Island
* Charter a fishing or sightseeing trip (many charters now offer historical tours)