Treat yourself to the tranquility and restorative energy of La Cabina (the cabin). Here you will find the old world charm of Tuscany, Italy with the modern amenities of a luxury hotel just 12 minutes from downtown Spokane, business, hospitals and university districts. Also, conveniently located close to the I-90 freeway and shopping - including Trader Joes - La Cabina is nestled in a beautiful bucolic setting providing picturesque views.
Your amenities include free wi-fi, and Dish TV with the full range of viewing options, a complete kitchen with all modern appliances, a large dining area with a beautiful classic wood dining table for work or entertaining seating up to 6 people comfortably, a new luxurious king size “heavenly' Westin bed with ample pillows and bedding, a cozy couch for relaxing and watching TV that also folds into a double sleeping bed if you have additional guests, a wonderfully spacious spa inspired bathroom with an elegantly tiled shower including an oversized “rain' shower head, and a washer and dryer for your laundry needs in a separate inclosed room. All of this is set in a spacious studio layout with magnificent rustic iron lighting fixtures all on dimmers for perfect work and mood settings, and all floors are laid with plush rugs for warmth and comfort. On the exterior surrounding La Cabina are extended patios for bbqing or just relaxing with your favorite beverage taking in the dramatic views. And, parking is immediately in front of La Cabina, so getting to your vehicle is simply stepping out your door.
La Cabina is available for short or extended stay booking options. Minimum stay is 2 nights, and extended stays are available per reservation availability.
Keywords: New Tuscan Villa nestled in beautiful bucolic setting on the South Hill
We enjoyed our time at this wonderful, clean, comfortable villa. The location is great and it is nice to come back to quiet surroundings after hectic day. Rene is very welcoming and is quick to repsond to any questions or issues. We look forward to another visit in the future. Definitely will return and certainly recommend to others!
I was delighted with the guest house and all of the comforting amenities. Rene is a most gracious hostess. My intention was a restful retreat weekend, and that is what I experienced. I returned home rested and refreshed.
This is a great place to stay with a wonderful location. There was a view from all sides of the retreat. Extremely clean and well maintained. The owner was extremely helpful. We plan to stay here again.
This is an awesome place. So close to downtown Spokane, but feels like you are way out in the country. This is the perfect place for two people, whether you just need a weekend away or you do not want to stay in a hotel. It would be great for business traveler that is tired of staying in hotels. I have stayed a lot of places through VRBO, but this is one of my favorites and will go back again. Thanks Rene, you have done a great job your place!!!!
The owner rescued me from a stay at a not-so-suitable other VRBO -- I accidentally called her, thinking I was going to cancel and stay in a hotel. When we sorted out my confusion and situation, she kindly offered her place -- at 10:30 p.m. Much closer to downtown, where I needed to go early the next morning, but in a rural setting. Complete kitchen, big dining table, laundry facilities, super-comfortable bed with good linens -- and you wake in the morning to see animals grazing, hills in the distance. Peaceful, romantic and close in. Can't say enough good things about Rene or her sweet place.
We stayed in this rental for 5 weeks in July and August. Although we have stayed in vacation rentals at least a dozen times and for long periods of time, this is the first time we have to provide a negative review.
- Size: When we asked the owner how big the rental was, we were told it was around 1000 sq feet. In truth, it is 24 ft x 20 ft for a total of 480 sq feet. We felt deceived when we arrived and had to stay in one room for 5 weeks.
- Slow and flaky internet: We were constantly being logged off from the server and the internet was very slow. We could not download pictures or use Netflix. When we mentioned it to the owner, she told us she had no intention of fixing it.
- No a/c: We talked to the owner before we arrived and were told that air conditioning is not needed in Spokane. The day time temperatures rarely went below 88 and often were in the 90’s and 100’s. One should look for a place with a/c when staying in Spokane in the summer.
- Price : When we asked to stay for 5 weeks instead of the month we had originally planned, we thought we would be extended the discounted monthly rate for the extra week. Instead we were charged the monthly rate and a weekly rate, which was 38% of the monthly rate! We are full time travelers and every other owner has extended the discounted rate to us when we stay for more than a month. We paid more for this small room than many houses that we have stayed in. In our opinion, it is certainly not worth the price.
- Cleanliness: When we arrived we found the area rugs were surface clean but deep down dirty (smelly) and even matted in places. We tried to clean them with the small hand vacuum that we were provided but first we had to clean the hand vac which was clogged with hair and dirt. Once it was cleaned, it was ineffective against the deep down dirt that was embedded in the area rugs. Also, there were many bugs in the rental, including moths, spiders, ants and other creepy crawly things.
- Lack of storage: The place is small. The kitchen only has two base cabinets and the under-sink cabinet. There was no space to store food. There is also no closet, except for a small utility closet where the hot water heater is located. There is one, narrow chest of drawers. This left us almost no space to store suitcases, totes or clothing.
There is a complete lack of privacy since the owner runs a business from her home. Also our deposit was kept. This has never happened to us before.