3rd Arrondissement Le Marais Apartment Rental Photos and Description
Apartment, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 1.25 Baths, (Sleeps 4-6)
Brought to you by ParlerParisApartments. After extensive and complete renovation, this luminous and spacious apartment has become another “must visit” during your trip to Paris. La Fille du Calvaire is located in a much sought after part of Le Marais and you will appreciate its stately building, which is set well back from the Parisian traffic and faces one large interior courtyard and a smaller courette.
The focal point of the apartment is its extra large living room and dining room combination, which can be divided from the rest of the apartment with sliding, custom etched, glass panel doors. Decorated in beautiful autumnal oranges and earthy browns, this space will be the gathering spot for your group. Whether it is to watch the large flat screen TV, hidden behind a one of a kind painting, to dine at the magnificent dining table that seats 8 people, or to sleep on the high quality, ultra suede Queen sofabed, you will find yourself drawn here.
Located conveniently beside this salon is the very well equipped open kitchen with high quality finishes and loads of storage. Here there is a refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, La Canche gas stove with 4 burners and a full sized oven. Also provided are microwave, drip coffeemaker, espresso machine, electric kettle, toaster, all kitchen utensils, dishes, and glassware.
Moving through the kitchen, to the left is the master bedroom. This good-sized room has a Queen bed, which can be closed off from the world with luxurious draperies installed for the purpose. The room also features a large, elegantly stenciled armoire for unpacking, a dresser, a desk and two night tables with matching lamps. On the desk is another flat screen TV.
Walking into the hallway from the master bedroom, on the immediate left is a “salle de bain” with clawfoot bath tub and rain fall shower head, a sink with vanity and shelf space.
Right next door is the laundry closet with state of the art separate washer and dryer.
The separate toilet with its own sink sits across the hall.
Finally, the second bedroom serves as a den during the day and bedroom at night. The velvet trundle bed can become two single beds or made up as a double, both with full thickness mattresses. For convenience, the room has a built in shower, and antique commode with sink, closet, and built-in storage under a large window.
Both bedrooms are efficiently air conditioned, each with their own water cooled, built-in units.
Included in your rental is cable television, with access to over 150 channels (several in English) on both TVs. WiFi is also provided, as is free telephone with answering machine. Long distance calls to land lines in 100 countries is complimentary. This extends to calls to cell phones in the US and Canada.
Of course, bedding and towels are provided for your use.
Métro: Filles de Calvaire (#8), République (#3, #5, #8, #9, #11
Bus Line #'s: 20, 65, 96
Amenities Specific to La Fille du Calvaire:
- double Digicode entry system – one at street door and one at entrance to building D
- 2nd floor European (3rd floor American), with elevator
- very light and bright unit with windows on both sides, wonderful cross ventilation
- very quiet unit, overlooks interior, covered courtyard on one side and small, private courette on the other
- two bedrooms, two bathrooms, one toilet (separate)
- master bedroom has Queen sized bed that can be made up as two twins, dresser, armoire, desk, bedside tables, TV and large window
- second bedroom with trundle bed that converts to one double bed or two single beds. This room has its own ensuite shower and antique commode with sink, closet, and built-in storage under large window
- hallway bathroom has clawfoot tub with “rain” shower overhead, sink with plenty of storage underneath
- toilet is separate room with its own sink, mirror and electrical outlets
- large double salon living/dining room, beautifully decorated with marble mantle, large windows, bookcases, large dining table seats 8, ultra suede sofa converts to Queen sized bed
- custom etched glass paneled doors close off the living room from the kitchen
- TV and DVD player are hidden behind swinging door above the fireplace
- separate laundry closet with separate washer and dryer
- American style kitchen with refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, LaCanche gas stove with 4 burners and full sized oven, loads of storage
- kitchen includes microwave, drip coffeemaker, espresso machine, electric kettle, toaster, all kitchen utensils, dishes, glassware
- radio alarm clock
- hairdryer, iron, ironing board
- two flat screen TVs, living room and master bedroom
- telephone with answering machine
- free long distance calling to land lines in 100 countries, and land line and cell phones in the US and Canada
- free WiFi internet
- bedrooms are fully air conditioned
- bedding and towels are provided
- Electricity, heat, telephone and internet included
- No pets allowed
Keywords: apartment, pied-a-terre, flat
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
Guestbook comments from the manager
La Fille du Calvaire was the perfect home base during our family's recent visit to Paris. The apartment was spacious and well-appointed, including everything we needed down to coffee filters and sacks for shopping. The location was perfect - very close to the metro and a bus stop just out the door, walking distance to the wonderful shops and restaurants of the Marais, yet a bit out of the fray. We also found the apartment wonderfully quiet. There was quite a heat wave during our stay so we were particularly grateful for the very effective air-conditioning units.