Cozumel House Rental Photos and Description
Spacious open-floor plan, two-level house, 3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths, (Sleeps 6-7)
‘Casa Loro’ is a modern 3 bedroom private home with all new furnishings in the Independencia neighborhood of Cozumel - perfect for dive groups and families. If you're looking for an alternative to the isolation of resorts, Casa Loro is less expensive, more comfortable and convenient and will leave you with wonderful memories of friendly Cozumel culture.
Completely walled garden with 'plunge pool' with natural rock cascading water feature (NOT, as many are, a condo with shared facilities).
Secure entry court yard and locked garage area with secure dive equipment rinse and dry area. Unlimited on-street parking.
Air-conditioned with individual controls for each room. Beautiful new furnishings and fully-equipped kitchen. Large attractive tiled bathrooms with sky lights.
Beautiful flowering plants and landscaping. Quiet, safe residential neighborhood.
Five-minute drive to dive , beach & watersport areas
Walk to restaurants, convenience stores, shopping for local crafts, large free public sports park with basketball, tennis, all-weather track, open seven days a week (check out the local semi-pro soccer league games twice a week!).
BEDROOMS WITH NEW HIGH-QUALITY BEDS
Three bedrooms on second level
- King in master suite
- Queen in second bedroom
- Two singles and fold down sofa in third bedroom
Bedroom with two singles includes 'teen entertainment center' sofa (with cup holders and fold down center panel--excellent for gaming). Sofa folds into serviceable futon-style bed.
- American-size beds with high-thread count linens
- Private balcony overlooking garden for master suite
- Large, well-appointed built-in closet and dresser unit in each bedroom
- Ceiling fans and new air conditioning systems, with individual temperature control for each room
BATHROOMS WITH LOTS OF HOT WATER
- 2.5 baths with one private bath off of master suite, a second large bathroom on the second floor shared by two bedrooms and a 'powder room' on the first floor
- Lots of large, fluffy towels
- New 'endless' hot water system provides long, hot showers for everybody
- Beautifully tiled large showers & up-to-date fixtures
- New, high capacity washer/dryer
CONVENIENCE AND COST-SAVINGS OF EATING IN
- American-style kitchen organized by enthusiastic cook, stocked with basics
- Six burner gas stove/oven, double door refrigerator/freezer, microwave, blender, coffee pot, bottled water dispenser, rice/vegetable steamer
- Full compliment of pots, pans, dishes, glassware, flatware, wine and margarita glasses -enough to serve an elegant diner for 8-10
- Dining table seats six, plus breakfast bar seating with three stools
- Morning coffee in the garden and evening margaritas in the pool
WIDE VARIETY OF CHOICES TO EAT OUT
- Dozens of walkable neighborhood spots for grilled chicken and seafood or local cuisine and a beer
- 5 minute drive/cab ride from a large selection of fine dining choices
- 5 minute drive/cab ride from half a dozen beach-front beach clubs where you can view the sunset from a hammock holding the tall frosty beverage of your choice
BROADBAND INTERNET AND CABLE TV
- DSL broad-band Internet connection
- Secure high-speed WiFi network within house and garden
- Cable TV including ESPN and English programming, movies, etc.
- Cordless phone for local phone calls
PRIVACY AND SECURITY
- Gated front courtyard and 10' walled back garden
- Cozumel is a very friendly, safe city where you can walk the neighborhood streets even late at night without concern
- Beautiful flowering plants in front court yard and back garden. Wake to the lovely sound of the bells of Corpus Christi Church and topical birds.
- Unlimited bottled water
- Surge-protection on most wall outlets
- Quiet residential neighborhood with elementary school across the street. Mix of vacation homes and permanent residents.
- Cabs on call or hail on-street two blocks away
- Locked garage area and easy on-street parking
AMENITIES WITHIN FOUR BLOCKS
- Avenue 30 (two blocks away) is a major shopping street with restaurants, locally-made ice cream, take-out roast chicken, general shopping, grocery stores, banks, etc.
- Three blocks, Unidad Deportiva public recreation center (no entry fee) sports park with basketball, tennis, all-weather track, weight lifting, and more. Open seven days a week (check out the local semi-pro soccer league games two nights a week!)
- One block, family-owned corner store -literally a taste of real Mexico
- Every evening, door-to-door pastry bike vendor -a treat for tomorrow's breakfast
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT AND GUEST SERVICES
- Local property manager with 20-years in Cozumel will meet you at the house, get you checked in and provide advice/assistance on local activities, reservations, etc.
- Connections with all local dive companies, including those not ordinarily open to resort visitors. Advice from highly experienced dive instructor/master with extensive knowledge of Cozumel dive sites.
- Once-a-week maid service included in base price. Additional maid/shopping/cooking services, etc. available on request
- On-call maintenance service
- Assistance/advice on car rental, local sites and attractions, restaurants, tours, etc
- No pets allowed
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters : All guests under 21 must be accompanied by parent or guardian
- Smoking not allowed
Keywords: house, home, villa, pool, Internet, new, luxury, comfortable, safe, convenient, air conditioning, garden, flowers, neighborhood, divers, diving, scuba, group, family, sports, private, cable
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- non smoking only
- children welcome
- pets not allowed
Guestbook comments from the manager
Just wanted to drop you a line to extend our families thanks to you and the property owners for the wonderful stay at Casa Loro.
We loved the property and the neighborhood and Casa Loro has everything we needed. If we come back we'd happily stay there again.
All the best in 2014.
(posted from Guest email comments)
The picture is of me and my daughter after her successful certification dive in Cozumel last year. Our family lives in Philadelphia. We've traveled the world and find the culture and people of Cozumel to be so friendly and interesting that my wife and I were inspired to purchase this house as our eventual retirement residence. In the meantime, you can share our good fortune!
Cozumel has world-class diving combined with really interesting culture (think Mayan, not northern Mexico) and a very cosmopolitan international community. Good food, good times, good people.
We picked our house because its IN Mexico, not some isolated compound that tries to keep the local culture at bay. Additionally, the location is convenient to everything you need on a daily basis.