|Minimum Stay||4 - 7 nights|
‘Casa Loro’ is a modern 3 bedroom private home with all new furnishings in the Independencia neighborhood of Cozumel - perfect for dive groups and families. If you're looking for an alternative to the isolation of resorts, Casa Loro is less expensive, more comfortable and convenient and will leave you with wonderful memories of friendly Cozumel culture.
Completely walled garden with 'plunge pool' with natural rock cascading water feature (NOT, as many are, a condo with shared facilities).
Secure entry court yard and locked garage area with secure dive equipment rinse and dry area. Unlimited on-street parking.
Air-conditioned with individual controls for each room. Beautiful new furnishings and fully-equipped kitchen. Large attractive tiled bathrooms with sky lights.
Beautiful flowering plants and landscaping. Quiet, safe residential neighborhood.
Five-minute drive to dive , beach & watersport areas
Walk to restaurants, convenience stores, shopping for local crafts, large free public sports park with basketball, tennis, all-weather track, open seven days a week (check out the local semi-pro soccer league games twice a week!).
BEDROOMS WITH NEW HIGH-QUALITY BEDS
Three bedrooms on second level
- King in master suite
- Queen in second bedroom
- Two singles and fold down sofa in third bedroom
Bedroom with two singles includes 'teen entertainment center' sofa (with cup holders and fold down center panel--excellent for gaming). Sofa folds into serviceable futon-style bed.
- American-size beds with high-thread count linens
- Private balcony overlooking garden for master suite
- Large, well-appointed built-in closet and dresser unit in each bedroom
- Ceiling fans and new air conditioning systems, with individual temperature control for each room
BATHROOMS WITH LOTS OF HOT WATER
- 2.5 baths with one private bath off of master suite, a second large bathroom on the second floor shared by two bedrooms and a 'powder room' on the first floor
- Lots of large, fluffy towels
- New 'endless' hot water system provides long, hot showers for everybody
- Beautifully tiled large showers & up-to-date fixtures
- New, high capacity washer/dryer
CONVENIENCE AND COST-SAVINGS OF EATING IN
- American-style kitchen organized by enthusiastic cook, stocked with basics
- Six burner gas stove/oven, double door refrigerator/freezer, microwave, blender, coffee pot, bottled water dispenser, rice/vegetable steamer
- Full compliment of pots, pans, dishes, glassware, flatware, wine and margarita glasses -enough to serve an elegant diner for 8-10
- Dining table seats six, plus breakfast bar seating with three stools
- Morning coffee in the garden and evening margaritas in the pool
WIDE VARIETY OF CHOICES TO EAT OUT
- Dozens of walkable neighborhood spots for grilled chicken and seafood or local cuisine and a beer
- 5 minute drive/cab ride from a large selection of fine dining choices
- 5 minute drive/cab ride from half a dozen beach-front beach clubs where you can view the sunset from a hammock holding the tall frosty beverage of your choice
BROADBAND INTERNET AND CABLE TV
- DSL broad-band Internet connection
- Secure high-speed WiFi network within house and garden
- Cable TV including ESPN and English programming, movies, etc.
- Cordless phone for local phone calls
PRIVACY AND SECURITY
- Gated front courtyard and 10' walled back garden
- Cozumel is a very friendly, safe city where you can walk the neighborhood streets even late at night without concern
- Beautiful flowering plants in front court yard and back garden. Wake to the lovely sound of the bells of Corpus Christi Church and topical birds.
- Unlimited bottled water
- Surge-protection on most wall outlets
- Quiet residential neighborhood with elementary school across the street. Mix of vacation homes and permanent residents.
- Cabs on call or hail on-street two blocks away
- Locked garage area and easy on-street parking
AMENITIES WITHIN FOUR BLOCKS
- Avenue 30 (two blocks away) is a major shopping street with restaurants, locally-made ice cream, take-out roast chicken, general shopping, grocery stores, banks, etc.
- Three blocks, Unidad Deportiva public recreation center (no entry fee) sports park with basketball, tennis, all-weather track, weight lifting, and more. Open seven days a week (check out the local semi-pro soccer league games two nights a week!)
- One block, family-owned corner store -literally a taste of real Mexico
- Every evening, door-to-door pastry bike vendor -a treat for tomorrow's breakfast
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT AND GUEST SERVICES
- Local property manager with 20-years in Cozumel will meet you at the house, get you checked in and provide advice/assistance on local activities, reservations, etc.
- Connections with all local dive companies, including those not ordinarily open to resort visitors. Advice from highly experienced dive instructor/master with extensive knowledge of Cozumel dive sites.
- Once-a-week maid service included in base price. Additional maid/shopping/cooking services, etc. available on request
- On-call maintenance service
- Assistance/advice on car rental, local sites and attractions, restaurants, tours, etc
- No pets allowed
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters : All guests under 21 must be accompanied by parent or guardian
- Smoking not allowed
Keywords: house, home, villa, pool, Internet, new, luxury, comfortable, safe, convenient, air conditioning, garden, flowers, neighborhood, divers, diving, scuba, group, family, sports, private, cable
The picture is of me and my daughter after her successful certification dive in Cozumel last year. Our family lives in Philadelphia. We've traveled the world and find the culture and people of Cozumel to be so friendly and interesting that my wife and I were inspired to purchase this house as our eventual retirement residence. In the meantime, you can share our good fortune!
Joni Mitchell purchased this house in 2011
Cozumel has world-class diving combined with really interesting culture (think Mayan, not northern Mexico) and a very cosmopolitan international community. Good food, good times, good people.
We picked our house because its IN Mexico, not some isolated compound that tries to keep the local culture at bay. Additionally, the location is convenient to everything you need on a daily basis.
Just wanted to drop you a line to extend our families thanks to you and the property owners for the wonderful stay at Casa Loro.
We loved the property and the neighborhood and Casa Loro has everything we needed. If we come back we'd happily stay there again.
All the best in 2014.
(posted from Guest email comments)
Can't say enough good things about Casa Loro. Just returned from a week's stay there and it was perfect. The house is well appointed, fully stocked, warm and comfortable. The "dipping" pool is the best after a warm day of exploring. The back yard is very tropical with blooming plants and beautifully maintained, a lovely place to sit in the a.m. and listen to the birds. The beds were very comfortable and the linens/towels plentiful. Joni, the fabulous manager, couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful. She even had some essentials (Oreos are essential, right?!) on hand to eat in case it had been a long trip, which was just an unexpected, special bonus. (She had healthy things too.) All in all, if you're going to Cozumel, we HIGHLY recommend Casa Loro!
Casa Loro is the PERFECT place to stay if you have a number of friends or family staying with you. We had two couples, and two friends stay in the home for eight nights, and everything about this place is perfect!! Joni was there to greet us and she was so pleasant and helpful from the get go making sure that we were completely taken care of during our entire trip.
The house is located about 15 minute walk from Chedraui (30 peso cab ride [from Mega as well]) and very close to the soccer field where you can catch a local soccer game. Its outside of town which was great for us because you're immersed with the locals. We loved the location.
The house itself is incredible. With all the amenities and then some, we were perfectly comfortable. The plunge pool in the back got some definite usage from everyone in the house. The kitchen has EVERYTHING so you can save money on food and alcohol, which was a huge plus for us...especially since we dove for five days. Which reminds me, their safety gate/garage has everything needed for your dive gear! And it's super safe!! The beds are super comfortable, the showers with the the endless hot water was perfect for the six of us, and having two and a half bathrooms was great as well. Also...air conditioning was totally necessary.
My boyfriend and I are planning on coming back next year to stay here again! I would highly recommend Casa Loro if you will be staying in Cozumel. This place was absolutely incredible! Thank you!
We loved staying at this beautiful, private home for our recent scuba diving trip to Cozumel! We brought our two children and grandmaw along with my husband and I. This cozy home made our stay extra nice. The pastry vendors came by daily and it felt like we were part of the neighborhood. 3 bedrooms/3 bath, washer/dryer, scuba rinse area with a beautiful enclosed garden patio, very secure and safe with gate, two story home with a pool and a cozy backyard to play. The kids loved playing with the pool noodles daily and it turned into family splash time. The rooms were very comfortable King, queen and twin beds, a full kitchen for making big family breakfasts each morning and wifi/tv, all the amenities. We would highly recommend this home and would stay here again. Thank you, Joni and Casa Loro!
My parents, my niece and nephew and my fiancée and I stayed at the house in late July, and our family is still talking about what a wonderful trip it was in large part because of staying at Casa Loro. The house is beautiful and so well decorated and maintained. One of the things that really stood out about Casa Loro was how clean the entire house was when we got there and how exceptional the services Joni had coordinated for the house. Joni went above and beyond to make us feel at home. The room configuration was perfect, and everyone was happy and cozy. The backyard is beautifully equipped with a wonderful plunge pool perfect for relaxing after a wonderful day of diving. The kitchen offered the perfect spot for us to prepare meals and snacks and enjoy time together, and the gated outdoor front porch provided us with a great SCUBA rinse area. The house is located in a nice and quiet neighborhood close to the Chadrawi and minutes away from both the square downtown and the Caleta Marina. We loved our time at Casa Loro, and we will be back in a future trip to the island.
My husband and I spent a week with 2 other couples at this spacious, comfortable house and loved every minute of it. It had all the modern amenities, exactly as described, and a really lovely garden with stone waterfall and dipping pool. The open kitchen, dining, living room accommodated all of us easily, whether gathered for meals and conversation—or quietly reading and checking email or Facebook (the WiFi Internet connections worked for everyone!). We could eat in or out. The kitchen had all the tools we needed and basic supplies to cook for 6 hungry adults, and a street vendor brought fresh pastries every morning.
Our first morning we took a walk to explore the neighborhood, taking pictures and meeting some of the very friendly local residents, and we were surprised at how easy it was to reach the picturesque main street of St. Miguel with its shops, restaurants and harbor views.
All in all, it was a great place to relax, soak up the local culture, and still be minutes away from beaches, Mayan ruins, sightseeing and everything else the island has to offer. We hope to return soon!
Our stay at Casa Loro was wonderfully relaxing with trips to beaches for snorkeling and to the center of town for the local museum, dining and shopping. The kitchen was large and well appointed for cooking and eating in. As July can be quite warm, we appreciated the fact that the air conditioning was very effective and easily controlled. Beds were supportive and comfortable. The house has wonderful light, great plantings and a private yard with plunge pool. We used the pool most evenings and it was a nice depth and refreshing. There was also a grill available for outdoor cooking. The internet and cable functioned perfectly. Ceilings are quite high and public spaces were great for entertaining. We made several trips to local beaches and saw a variety of fish in some of the clearest water I've experienced. A snorkel tour ending at El Cielo was fantastic and the time in Cozumel just flew by.
Five-minute drive to world-class dive areas, Our property manager is 20 year dive instructor with connections to local dive companies,3-minute walk to major free public sports park with basketball, tennis, all-weather track, open seven days a week (check out the local semi-pro soccer league games twice a week!),Mayan Ruins, Secluded beaches, Ecological parks, Helicopter tours, Xcaret & Chankanaub Parks
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Apr 16 2015 - Nov 14 2015
4 night minimum stay
Nov 15 2015 - Dec 13 2015
5 night minimum stay
Dec 14 2015 - Jan 5 2016
7 night minimum stay
Jan 6 2016 - Apr 15 2016
4 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$150|
|Notes||50% via Paypal at time of booking; final balance due 30 days prior to arrival date plus refundable damage deposit|