New Durham Cabin Rental Photos and Description
4 bedrooms + loft, 2 full baths (1 w bidet), exercise room, sleeps 8-10
The cabin is located on a 2 lake chain nestled between forested hills and is a quiet refuge from the bustle of life. The structure is modern and features a skylight lit great room and loft and a big stone fireplace. The many windows and skylights ( 2 over beds upstairs) bring the outdoors “inside”. The 40 feet of front porch look out towards the lake peaking through the trees. Our dock is a few hundred yards down the hill where the kayaks and canoe beckon sunsets are spectacular, and is safe distance away for little ones safety. Boat or swim off the dock or take a sort stroll to our associations sandy “kid friendly“ swimming beach. Out back is the deck joined by the porch that wraps around 2/3 of the structure. The basement has an exercise room with a elliptical, ergometer rowing machine, some weights and a ceiling mounted VCR and collection of tapes.
Cabin Amenities:: * WIFI and the is a desktop system. The loft has a wall mounted big screen for DVDs (no cable) and has connections with cables for a laptop for your HULU, Netflix account...etc
* Stereo with 5 CD changes big hifi speakers (also connect to the DVD)
* The basement has an exercise room with a elliptical, ergometer rowing machine, some weights, massage table and a ceiling mounted VCR and collection of tapes.
* Full kitchen appliances for the chief
* Full sized washer and dryer are housed in the basement.
* Gas grill and lobster cooker
* Hammock in the moss garden
* 40 feet of lounging porch with sunset view
* Natural stone campfire 'council' ring in the woods out back
* Miles of woods for hiking and exploration right off the back deck
* lots of bikes
* Lakes have good fishing
The Lakes: The lakes are clean and the water warm and pleasant for swimming. Winnipesaukee is cold by comparison and many places marred by the sound and smell of outboards. (Fun when you are in them..;)
* Large floating Raft boat dock with 2 Kayaks and canoe provided. The dock is far enough from house to be kid safe, as our property extends across the road down to the shore. The lake is visible through the trees from the front porch.
* For lovers of a 'sandy beach', a couple minuets walk brings you to our private 'association beach'. It 's the prettiest point on the lakes and has a newly renovated sandy beach great for swimming and kids as it's gradual. The point is south facing and gets great sun. Bring the cooler and if you are ambitious the hammock as there are hooks for it. (Yes though the distance is short ... you can throw all the 'stuff' in the car as there is parking too.)
* the association beach point is a great nighttime walk destination for star watching, or a moonlight.
Fun Outings:: HIKING - The Belknap range to the west (10 mile drive to the Mt Major trail head - the BEST views short hike in NH!! (connects to a network of more trails). To the east @ 40min drive is the Ossipee range with may great trails and views. Also a great waterfall gorge walk / short hike for the whole family.
GOLF - 2 course within 10 miles, more a sort distance further.
MOTOR BOATING - Alton bay is 8 miles away and has the public launch onto Winnipesaukee, and boat, jet ski rentals
WEIRS BEACH and FUNSPOT - a NH tradition of night life fume for both adults and kids
NH'S LAST DRIVE IN THEATER - at Weirs beach - a summer tradition on our family...
Concerts & Festivals - the is Meadowbrook for rock,pop & country and Great Waters for classical - Gunstock for both craft fairs music festivals.
SUMMER THEATERS - The Barnstomers Playhouse & The Summer Theater in Meredith Village
SHOPPING/OUTLETS - Laconia abounds and Mill Falls Marketplace (and surrounding area) is certainly worth a
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- non smoking only
- wheelchair inaccessible
- pets not allowed
- children welcome
I was the general contractor, and design consultant. We and our friends did much of the interior work, plus a great carpenter/cabinet maker who make great custom built-in details make this post and beam cabin unique. This was created as our family retreat.
The cabin was built as a 4 season family get-away, for fun and friends. It is nestled in the woods with the lake on one side and bordering the back of a large noncurrent use forest area that goes on for miles right off the back of the property. Skiing hiking canoeing kayaking swimming or just relaxing on the large porch or the hammock, refresh both the body and spirit.
The 5 skylights light up the interior with natural lighting that is even wonderful on cloudy overcast days. The natural light and custom stone work, combined with the skylights and cathedral ceiling and loft entertainment area give a very the place a special feeling.