Talloires Villa Rental Photos and Description
5 1/2 Bedrooms + 2 living rooms + terrace, 2 full Bathrooms+1 shower,(Sleeps 12)
- 'Family house de charme' : 3 mn walk from the village center (shops and restaurants) ; 3 mn walk from the lake, beach and mountain hike trails.
- You will enjoy breakfast in the sun in the garden, lunch in the shade of beautiful huge trees along the cool river, diner on the large and protected terrace with a beautiful view on the lake.
- Your days and nights will profit from the calmness of the area. You will be able to reach most activities safely walking on streets with very limited traffic.
- You will be renting the house of a family of 5 who loves quality of relationships, the charm of houses with roots and the practice of sports: Conviviality, cocooning, simplicity, easy connections have been the spirit of the remodeling of the house. (The house was initially a 18th century farm; In 1910, a luxury lake villa was added; We modernized the house in 2003)
Ideal to rest and for outdoors activities: The village is a summer vacation resort with a supermarket, numerous restaurants and hotels, some antique, art and specialty stores. A very quiet area, built in the XIIth century around an Abbaye, on the lake in a protected bay. Great for a rewarding rest.
It is also a paradise for people who love outside activities. Within a radius of 1 to 5 miles you find an incredible array of activities either linked to nearby mountains (hiking, canyoning, rock-climbing, paragliding, biking) or to the lake (beach activities, swimming, water skiing, sailing, tennis). Two golfs, one in Talloires, one in Giez are 15mn drive away.
A tradition is to bike around the lake - 41 km . ( half of the tour is presently equipped with a cycling trail).
An interesting area for tourism and shopping : - Annecy is a beautiful town (the Venice of the Alpes with an interesting old town and castle). Easy to access by car, bus or boat service.
- Geneva, Switzerland with its international and luxury shopping streets, watch and art museum is one hour highway car drive.
- The stupendous Chamonix nestled under the MontBlanc, with its fantastic views, gondola rides, beautiful hikes is also one hour highway drive away.
The pleasures of a French Alps country house: We are a family from the area and in love with its Alpine culture. We have remolded the house for our own pleasure in the most convivial setting possible to allow happiness, rest and fun.
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible