|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
The Traveler's House, located at 412 W. Patrick Street, is a 1050 square-foot, 2-story masonry “shotgun row house” built in 1890, with 2 bedrooms, 1 bath and original heart pine floors.
Completely renovated in 2011, this warm, cozy house has been furnished to provide a relaxing and attractive oasis to guests, with all the comforts of home.
The Traveler’s House is tastefully decorated with an eclectic assortment of international artifacts, photographs, paintings, music and books.
The Traveler’s House has beds for 4 and a king sleep sofa.
For more information, look at the detailed listing for The Traveler’s House at FrederickVacationRentals website.
Keywords: historic home, bed and breakfast, B&B, private home, row house, townhouse, vacation rental, escape, upscale lodgings, downtown Frederick, reunions, weddings, corporate rentals
I am an enthusiastic traveler and have been booking my extended family’s vacations online for many years. Before each trip, I spend countless hours researching unique and comfortable hideaways for us to inhabit – in part because I am an online travel junkie, but mostly because I believe that the quality of the accommodations is a huge contributor to the success of any vacation. It's so much easier exploring new worlds when one's family has a comfortable place to sleep, bathe, decompress, and plan the next day's adventures.
And even more than I love exploring other parts of the planet, I love introducing
and sharing Frederick (my part of the planet since 1974) with others. I knew
from day one that Frederick County had a very special charm. To me, it has
only gotten more charming (and considerably more diverse) in the past 37 years.
Presently, Frederick has no downtown hotel and just two popular downtown
B&B’s. I was surprised to discover that there is a dearth of short-term furnished properties or vacation homes available to rent in the downtown area – a huge
omission, from my perspective, because Frederick City and Frederick County are wonderful places for extended visits.
At a crossroads in my life, I decided that something needed to be done about this.
Thus the birth of Frederick Vacation Rentals (d.b.a. FrederickVacationRentalsdotcom)
Owner/Property Manager purchased this house in 2010
Stay here and...
- Walk downtown for coffee and bagels in the morning.
- Sit in a Market Street sidewalk cafe (Cacique, Isabella's) and people watch.
- In cold weather, sit INSIDE at a window seat table (Tasting Room, Olives, Firestones) and people watch.
- Enjoy the downtown festivities and late night shopping on Frederick's First Saturdays (every month of the year!)
- Explore dozens of wonderful restaurants and hundreds of interesting shops.
- See a performance in Frederick's Theatre District (yes, we DO have one!)
- Visit the brand new Frederick Visitor's Center on East Street, see the 13 minute movie and find out how many fantastic things there are to do in Frederick City and County!
- Visit the National Museum of Civil War Medicine on Patrick Street.
- Take a leisurely walk or bike ride in Frederick's city-long linear park, Baker Park.
- Take the Frederick Wine Tour or visit one of our three microbreweries.
- Take a Ghost Tour on a dark and stormy night (available every weekend from spring-fall).
- Follow the Visitor's Center Treasure map through Frederick's historic downtown.
- Look up the many special events going on in town on the City's Office of Special Events Website: the Festival of the Arts, Fourth of July, the In the Street Festival, Holidays events all December.
- Attend the Great Frederick Fair in September and Frederick's two Oktoberfests in - you guessed it - October!
- Tour the Delaplaine Art Museum and Frederick's many ecclectic art galleries.
- Hear some live music at the Frederick Coffee House, Cafe Nola, Brewer's Alley, the Bentz Street Sports Bar, Cafe 611, to name just a few of many venues.
- Check out the Children's Museum at Rose Hill Manor, the Taney House, the Frederick Historical Society, the Hessian Barracks.
- Read the Frederick Magazine and the Frederick Newspost - you just won't BELIEVE how neat this area is - and you'll want to come back AGAIN and AGAIN!
We enjoyed our short stay. The Travleler's House offered perfect accommodations for our Scrapbooking Retreat. Cozy and good location. We agree with the IL PORTO recommendation - great food! We'll use the Traveler's House or Artist's House for our future Frederick stays. Wonderful hostess, too!
Our recent stay at the Traveler's House provided exactly what we wanted, some R&R away from the city. Nancy has thought of everything and all you really need to pack are your tooth brush and clothes! My only critique is that the house is almost a mile (one way) into town and if you have a little one and/or plan on shopping and caring a lot of bags you really need to drive and park; which we did with no problem. We enjoyed our little get-away to Frederick and wouldn't hesitate to book with Nancy again.
I stayed here with my wife, toddler daughter, and mother, for a getaway weekend from DC. We loved the location, an easy walk to cute downtown Frederick and nearby parks/playgrounds, and close to the highway for easy access to Cunningham Falls State Park and home. The owner was a great communicator and very helpful. The place itself was beautiful, well furnished, a little small for 3.5 people but that was not a problem. There is a beautiful back yard that occupied my daughter for hours. (One heads up - bring bug spray in the summer time.) A minor complaint is that the master bedroom doesn't have A/C. Other than that, we were delighted all weekend!
We really enjoyed our stay, the house was nicely decorated for Christmas. The house was charming and was conveniently located near shopping, restaurants, etc. The owner was very helpful and available if needed. We ended up wanting to extend our trip for another day and we were able to stay with no problems!
My fiance and I enjoyed a short getaway to Frederick, enjoying the cultural, culinary, outdoor, and historical offerings. The Traveler's House was the perfect home away from home for us, a short walk to downtown.
We really enjoyed our stay here. Walking distance from down town frederick!
My 6-year-old son and I stayed in the Traveler's House for a month at the end of spring. We were moving out of state and needed a transition home to stay in until the end of the school year. Our house had sold earlier than we were planning. We loved the Traveler's House and the location! We could walk to the library, downtown shops and Baker Park. There was even an ice cream stand that opened across the street while we were there. I was so glad to find such a great place for an extended stay - much homier than a hotel!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$400|
ATTN: VRBO's Rate System does not always price correctly.
2 nt stays:
$350: 2 midweek nts (Mon-Thus)
$400: 1 midweek nt/1 weekend nt (Fri, Sat, Sun)
$450: 2 weekend nts (Fri, Sat, Sun)
After a 2 night stay, each additional weekday night is $100; each additional weekend night is $150
3 nts: $450 - $600
4 nts: $550 - $700
5 nts: $700 - $800
6 nts: $850
1 wk: $900
Reduced rates for longer stays!
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.