Enter the property through a grape-stake fence under a vine-covered arch into an enclosed front area with a brick path and driveway bordered with vines and adorned with roses, geraniums, hydrangea, bougainvillea and other potted flowering plants. Two wrought-iron chairs with comfortable cushions provide a private place to sit and enjoy a glass of wine or cup of coffee during Carmel's wonderful cool mornings and evenings.
An open floor plan imparts a spacious feeling to the combined living and dining rooms, which feature a granite-faced gas fireplace with, pitched beamed ceilings, Hubbardton Forge artisan light fixtures and hardwood floors topped with a natural hemp throw rug. A 40-inch HD LCD TV mounted over the fireplace allows you to watch a movie with the Blue Ray DVD and enjoy a fire at the same time. A sophisticated earthy palette of sage green, tan and sea-foam blue throughout is punctuated by a crisp white sleeper sofa and easy chair. Chenille throw pillows with starfish designs, distressed side tables and sea-themed art all help create a beach cottage atmosphere. Dine at a rustic yet sophisticated 48-inch round table with a mahogany top and sage scroll legs that can seat four to six.
A renovated contemporary chef's dream kitchen that opens to the living/dining area is a showpiece with its well-conceived layout, expanse of black Corian counter tops, beautiful walnut cabinetry with ample storage, and top-quality appliances including a gas range and stainless steel side-by side refrigerator, dishwasher and microwave. There is plenty of
tasteful china, glasses, serving bowls, platters, place mats, napkins and candles to entertain just as if you were at home. Alongside the kitchen is a sunlit breakfast nook with a bay-window seat and white bistro table and bench perfect for two people to sit and read the paper or converse while enjoying morning tea or coffee and croissants. Two metal hip stools provide another eating spot at the kitchen counter and can be easily moved to the dining table or breakfast nook to seat two more. A spotless remodeled full white bathroom with shower is just off the kitchen as is a stacking washer and dryer.
The living room and bedrooms are bathed in light from French doors that open to a wraparound deck with a teak table that can expand to eight, umbrella, two larger chairs that can be moved around the deck or into the backyard, a bench and a gas grill. The deck overlooks a large enclosed private pet-friendly back yard with roses, hydrangea, azaleas and other flowering plants and shrubs. You are beautifully set up to entertain, enjoy a rousing game of bocci or just lie back, relax and breathe in the fresh ocean air.
The master bedroom has a king bed with Memory Foam topper fitted with luxury linens and topped with an ocean-themed duvet comforter in ivory and colors found in an ocean reef. The king can be converted to two twins. The first bedroom has a white cottage day bed covered with an ivory coverlet, sage-green shams and accents of sea-foam blue and green. The day bed can remain a single, or be converted into a king with Memory Foam topper or two twins depending on your needs. Total sleeping capacity is seven: six adults and one child. Both bedrooms have mini-blinds to allow optimum light and maintain privacy and floor-length natural-linen curtains alongside the French doors. The sparkling remodeled full bathroom has a tub/shower, old-fashioned bead board wainscoting, brushed nickel fixtures and sand-colored limestone tile on the floor and around the tub. Plush white spa towels with sage-green accents complete the picture.
There is no off street parking on the property but there is parking just outside the gate. Everything you can imagine has been provided from children's games and books, magazines, pack-n-play and popcorn and doggie treats. You will want to make this your new home-away-from-home in Carmel-by-the-Sea.
Additional Rate Details and Rental Terms.....
**Rates are based on up to 4 guests (including infants & children). For 5-6 guests, add $200 per month.
*1 month minimum rental requirement per city of Carmel. May be rented for 14- 21 days or less with an exclusive 30 day prorated contract.
* PG&E gas and electricity are paid by guest.
* Non-refundable cleaning fee $350.
* Stays of 30 days or more require mid-stay cleanings every two weeks that you will be responsible for scheduling with our Vacation House Manager assigned to the rental and paying cleaners for directly at the time each cleaning is performed at the rate of $25/hour. This is over and above the cleaning fee itemized in your contract.
* Accidental, Loss and Damage Waiver Fee $75 instead of security deposit (covers up to $2,000 unintentional damage to house or its contents but does not cover negligent abuse or neglect)
* Credit Card number must be on file for security against any damages should damage be due to abuse or neglect and are not accidental in nature. Guest would be responsible for any uncovered damages.
*Pet Fees: $100 each large dog (1 dog ); $150 two small dogs; if arranged after acceptance of contract, contract must be amended to adjust price.
* Cancellation Policy: If you cancel 60 days or less before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund only if we can re-rent the property for the same dates and rental rate less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by the owner. If you cancel 60 days or more before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund of the rental amount less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by owner. [Please read the full terms in the Rental Agreement before signing for any recent changes to this abbreviated policy statement - the Rental Agreement contains our current policy]
* Full payment is due at time of booking if booked less than 60 days prior to arrival date.
* If booked more than 60 days in advance of arrival date, 50% of total amount is due to secure reservation with balance of total due 60 days prior to arrival date.
* Access information and directions will be provided once payment is made in full.