What an Excellent Value - Walk To Beach, Nice Community, Very Quiet, Clean Condo
Submitted: January 8, 2013
Stayed: December 2012
I spent considerable time researching places on VRBO and on Airbnb. I was looking for something on or close to the beach, clean and modern, at least 3 beds and as cheap as possible. We are a family of 4, with a daughter and son, so we needed 3 beds. I found Liz's unit to fit all those criteria and the price was very, very reasonable for what we got. The unit was very clean and appeared to have been recently renovated. I think that Liz didn't do her advertisement on VRBO justice, in that she was conservative in her review.
- Walk to beach: Dog Beach is about a 5 minute walk and is amazing
- Quiet: I live in a quiet neighborhood, but this was quieter. I slept so well without any noise to disturb me.
- Beds were very comfortable and plenty of extra blankets were provided (it did get cold at night as we were there in Dec/Jan).
- Kitchen was really nice - everything new and very well stocked - we didn't have to buy small things like sugar or ketchup, and there were other things like pasta, sauce, jam, a whole bag of coffee.
- Cable and Wi-Fi provided. Nice TV and DVD player.
- Furniture was good quality (i.e. leather couches)
- Unit comes with a (small) garage space to secure car
- 2 boogie boards and beach chairs really kept my kids entertained.
- Solana Beach is pretty great. I had not been there before, but it included an artsy upscale artistic / retail area that is really fun.
- LOTS of great restaurants within a short drive to Del Mar, La Jolla or Solana Beach.
- No phone (but we had cell phones, so fine)
- Wi-fi signal was weak. Often it was really weak, but most of the time it got us by fine.
- No washer in the unit. This would have been REALLY nice, but we knew this ahead of time, and that there was a washer in the complex if we wanted to use the coin-op laundry there.
- Beach access immediately adjacent to the unit is closed while they are renovating the staircase. So, while we were expecting to be able to just walk 1 minute to get to the beach, we had to walk 5 minutes to the next closest beach. Again, didn't mind as next closest beach is AMAZING!
Overall, I would highly recommend this unit. Liz provided us a great place, was very honest in her dealings with me, and provides an exceptional value. My wife (who is pretty picky herself) told me she really liked the unit and thought it was perfect for our needs. One more note,.. the PROS above WAY outweighed the CONS. That is why I rated this 5 star
Families with Young Children
Did you find this review helpful?