Frederick House Rental Photos and Description
House, 3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths, (Sleeps 5-7)
The Artist's House, located at 211 W. South Street, is a 1325 square-foot, 2-story masonry “shotgun row house” built in 1920, with 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths and original heart pine floors.
Completely renovated in late 2010, this high-ceilinged, sun-filled house has been furnished to provide a relaxing, attractive oasis to guests, with all the comforts of home.
The Artist's House features an eclectic art collection, showcasing the work of local area artists, including painters, photographers, potters, woodworkers, sculptors, crafters and musicians. Much of this art is available for purchase.
The Artist's House has beds for 5 and 2 additional inflatable airbeds.
For more information, look at the detailed listing for The Artist's House at FrederickVacationRentals website.
Keywords: historic home, bed and breakfast, B&B, private home, row house, townhouse, vacation rental, escape, upscale lodgings, downtown Frederick, reunions, weddings, corporate rentals
- non smoking only
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- pets not allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
About Owner/Property Manager
I am an enthusiastic traveler and have been booking my extended family’s vacations online for many years. Before each trip, I spend countless hours researching unique and comfortable hideaways for us to inhabit – in part because I am an online travel junkie, but mostly because I believe that the quality of the accommodations is a huge contributor to the success of any vacation. It's so much easier exploring new worlds when one's family has a comfortable place to sleep, bathe, decompress, and plan the next day's adventures.
And even more than I love exploring other parts of the planet, I love introducing
and sharing Frederick (my part of the planet since 1974) with others. I knew
from day one that Frederick County had a very special charm. To me, it has
only gotten more charming (and considerably more diverse) in the past 39 years.
Presently, Frederick has no downtown hotel and just two popular downtown
B&B’s. I was surprised to discover that there is a dearth of short-term furnished properties or vacation homes available to rent in the downtown area – a huge
omission, from my perspective, because Frederick City and Frederick County are wonderful places for extended visits.
At a crossroads in my life, I decided that something needed to be done about this.
Thus the birth of Frederick Vacation Rentals (d.b.a. FrederickVacationRentalsdotcom)
Owner/Property Manager purchased this house in 2010
What makes this house unique
Stay here and...
- Walk downtown for coffee and bagels in the morning.
- Sit in a Market Street sidewalk cafe (Cacique, Isabella's) and people watch.
- In cold weather, sit INSIDE at a window seat table (Tasting Room, Olives, Firestones) and people watch.
- Enjoy the downtown festivities and late night shopping on Frederick's First Saturdays (every month of the year!)
- Explore dozens of wonderful restaurants and hundreds of interesting shops.
- See a performance in Frederick's Theatre District (yes, we DO have one!)
- Visit the brand new Frederick Visitor's Center on East Street, see the 13 minute movie and find out how many fantastic things there are to do in Frederick City and County!
- Visit the National Museum of Civil War Medicine on Patrick Street.
- Take a leisurely walk or bike ride in Frederick's city-long linear park, Baker Park.
- Take the Frederick Wine Tour or visit one of our three microbreweries.
- Take a Ghost Tour on a dark and stormy night (available every weekend from spring-fall).
- Follow the Visitor's Center Treasure map through Frederick's historic downtown.
- Look up the many special events going on in town on the City's Office of Special Events Website: the Festival of the Arts, Fourth of July, the In the Street Festival, Holidays events all December.
- Attend the Great Frederick Fair in September and Frederick's two Oktoberfests in - you guessed it - October!
- Tour the Delaplaine Art Museum and Frederick's many ecclectic art galleries.
- Hear some live music at the Frederick Coffee House, Cafe Nola, Brewer's Alley, the Bentz Street Sports Bar, Cafe 611, to name just a few of many venues.
- Check out the Children's Museum at Rose Hill Manor, the Taney House, the Frederick Historical Society, the Hessian Barracks.
- Read the Frederick Magazine and the Frederick Newspost - you just won't BELIEVE how neat this area is - and you'll want to come back AGAIN and AGAIN!
Guestbook comments from the owner
We 3 ROMEOs (Retired Old Men Eating Out) just spent a relaxed weekend here at the Artist's House. I think we are the first guests to stay here, and everything was new and immaculate.
The kitchen was big enough for the 3 of us to have a leisurely breakfast, which was the extent of our cooking. And the living room couch and chairs were so comfortable we had a hard time leaving the room. The large TV was fantastic, with a crystal clear picture. We enjoyed watching a few old movies on the DVD player. We had several great meals in Frederick, did some shopping and went to a car show downtown, and even went to a Roller Derby in Hagerstown.
We all liked the fact that we each had our own private bedroom with those fancy beds that we could adjust from soft to firm with the remote controls (a bit of a challenge at first for us 70 and 80-something old-timers, but we figured it out after a while). We also were surprised that, given we were in a downtown area over the weekend, we heard no noise during the night and all slept soundly.
We sat on the front porch each day and watched the locals walk and drive up and down the street. Great conversation topics ensued.
There was so much we didn't have time to see in Frederick that we all decided that we'll have to come back again sometime soon. Thank you very much for sharing your comfortable home with us.
P.S. All the art was great, too. When we weren't sitting around, we were staring at the walls. Such a variety of talent you have here in Frederick!