Ocean Beach Cottage Rental Photos and Description
Cottage, 1 Bedroom + Convertible bed(s), 1 Bath, (Sleeps 2-4)
Avoid the massive crowds of Mission or Pacific Beach and relax in one of our charming cottages only a block from one of the most beautiful beaches in Southern California, our beloved Ocean Beach.
Ocean Beach is an authentic, ocean-front community with an eclectic, intimate character that is revered by travelers from around the world. It is a perfect destination for families, couples, singles, surfers, boaters, explorers - people with active lifestyles or people who just want to relax on the beach. Everything San Diego has to offer is virtually at your doorstep.
Our stand-alone beach Bungalows just couldn’t get any more charming with a private front yard, furnished deck, new granite kitchen counter, new tile flooring, tiled bathroom, fully-equipped kitchen, new windows and screens and new paint..
The cottage is a cozy 400 square feet but step through the sliding glass door and right out onto the furnished deck where you can read the morning paper over coffee, barbecue steaks at dinner time, or just lounge with a cold beer by the firepit after an invigorating day at the beach.
Amenities include indoor and outdoor furniture, fully-equipped kitchen, TV/DVD, stereo, DVD library, WiFi internet, bath towels, linens, pillows, blankets - all the comforts of home.
We have a full-sized bed (sleeps 2) in the bedroom and a comfortable, pull-out couch in the living room (sleeps 2).
IMPORTANT NOTE: 2-BEDROOM APARTMENT ALSO AVAILABLE: The apartment (sleeps 6) is right next door to the cottage, so if you're traveling with more people, it might be fun to rent them both for a discount!
We are a small, family-owned operation. Like you, we love to travel and we know what it means to provide quality customer service. For the duration of your stay, we will be available all hours for all your needs.
ATTRACTIONS WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE
1) PACIFIC OCEAN – Forget the car! Just walk to the beach in 5 minutes.
2) DOG BEACH - Let your dog frolic on the sand or water leash-free! Play fetch until the sun goes down – or longer. It’s a rare opportunity as Dog Beach is one of the few leash-free beaches in the country.
3) ROBB FIELD – is a huge park and recreation complex with multiple tennis, basketball and handball court. It also has a fitness gym, lighted softball and multi-purpose fields, playground area for kids, and acres of wide open grass with picnic tables and shade trees.
5) ROBB SKATEBOARD PARK – is a recently-built, 40 thousand square foot, state-of-the-art skate park.
6) MAIN STREET OCEAN BEACH (NEWPORT AVENUE) – Stroll along Antique Row or shop in any of the dozens of mom-n-pop retail stores. Roam the Farmers Market and Street Fair every Wednesday afternoon. Afterward have lunch, or an adult beverage, at one of the many restaurants, nightclubs and neighborhood bars.
7) OCEAN BEACH PIER – is the second longest pier in California. It’s an amazing, panoramic location from which to drop a fishing line (no license needed), take a romantic stroll, or grab a burger and a beer at the OB Pier Café.
8) THE TIDE POOLS OF SUNSET CLIFFS – Stroll along the stunning, striated Sunset Cliffs of the Pacific Ocean. This is one of the most beautiful locations in the world, named after its amazing sunsets. Take a leisurely stroll down to sea level and explore the magic and the mystery of the tide pools at low tide.
9) BIRD WATCHING AT THE FAMOSA SLOUGH – Birdwatchers come from around the world to see the many different, exotic birds that inhabit this 37-acre wetland, including, Osprey, Snowy Egrets, pelicans, ducks, sandpipers in the estuary Black-necked Stilts, Avocets, Kingfisher, Forster's Tern, and Great Egret. Walk or bike on the path that circumnavigates the slough.
ATTRACTIONS WITHIN DRIVING DISTANCE
10 MINUTES – is all the driving time you need to visit Sea World, Seaport Village, Historic Old Town, Downtown San Diego and the historic Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego Convention Center, Little Italy, Maritime Museums, Petco Park (Padres stadium), and San Diego’s main airport, Lindbergh field.
20 MINUTES – to San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park and Museums, Torrey Pines Golf Course, five outdoor shopping malls, Qualcomm stadium (Chargers), Coronado Island and the historic Hotel Del Coronado, Cabrillo National Monument and Lighthouse.
30 MINUTES - to Tijuana and the Mexico border, Del Mar Racetrack and Fairgrounds, Several Indian gaming casinos, Legoland, etc.
As you can see, there is so much to see and do within a close distance of our cottages you probably won't be able to do it all in once visit. Which is why we want you to come back, again and again - till you see and do it all.
Keywords: Bungalow, cottage, cozy, charming, San Diego, Ocean Beach, beach bungalow, beach cottage, steps from beach, vacation, rentals, dog beach, affordable, inexpensive
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
We are a family owned operation and, like you, lovers of travel and mingling with other travelers.
Ed purchased this cottage in 1994
Why Ed chose Ocean Beach
Ocean Beach is a truly special beach community with a flair and character unlike anywhere I've been in the world.
What makes this cottage unique
Being so close to the beach and the smell of saltwater in the air.