This property has all the comforts of home in the privacy and beauty of the country. Located in exclusive Robinson Springs which has pristine hiking and cross country trails, swimming and tennis, it is close to ski facilities and restaurants on Mt. Road. The house has fantastic close mountain views. It is suitable for for either active or contemplative vacations and is within easy reach of three luxurious spas.
The beautifully decorated 6000 sq. ft. house is perfect for entertaining or family life. Main floor has an open floor plan. A step-down magnificently paneled living room with wood burning fire place connects to a den with wall mounted flat smart TV and wet bar. The kitchen with all the conveniences opens onto an informal eating area for 6 with seating for 4 more at the granite counter. A charming country dining room with a bay window overlooking the garden seats 8 and is adjacent to the kitchen. The man floor also has a mud room, powder room, two-car garage entrance, and private back stair case leading to the queen ensuite.
A grand stair leads to the second floor with a charming sitting nook overlooking the garden. The second floor has separate well-defined sleeping areas that make it ideal for more than one family: the spacious king master suite with jacuzzi bath and gas fireplace; a two bedroom (queen/twin) suite with separate hall and claw foot bath; and a queen suite with sitting area that includes an additional pull out queen sofa, wet bar, HD TV, and private bath. The linens are tasteful and the bedding is high quality. All bedrooms are light filled with extraordinary mountain views. The large master bedroom has a seating area for TV viewing and glass doors leading to a balcony overlooking Mt. Mansfield.
The ground floor has a bunk room that sleeps 4, a full bath, an above ground game room with foosball, high definition reception TV, darts, and walk-out access to a large 7-8 person hot tub with mountain views. A queen-size pull out sofa in the game room can accommodate extra guests.
The house is designed for indoor outdoor living. A large wrap-around deck facing Mt. Mansfield can be accessed from the living room, breakfast area and mud room via sets of glass doors. The house is landscaped with stone walls and walks through perennial gardens and overlooks a waterfall that feeds a pond suitable for swimming or enjoying from the gazebo.
Stowe is considered by many to be New England's premier all-season resort, accommodating cultural, culinary, athletic and luxury spa amenities. The premier Robinson Springs location is very close to Mt. Mansfield's to ski trails. Robinson Springs has nature trails with water cascades, woods, mountain vistas, scenic roads for biking and running--all just out the door. The house's generous property has wonderful open sledding hills and is equipped with bikes, tubes for river rafting, sleds, and a gas grill for the outdoor chef. The gardens are beautiful and bountiful. A new raspberry patch has been added this year.
In addition to the pleasures of the country, the house has thoughtful and well maintained systems including an extensive security system with 7 cameras, smoke/carbon monoxide detectors in every room, a back-up generator which starts automatically in the event of power outages, a sound system throughout the house and deck, central air conditioning, satellite TV and wi-fi.
Keywords: mountain rd,
Robinson Springs is Stowe's premier residential neighborhood, close to skiing, yet private and beautifully maintained. The town of Stowe is vibrant with summer and winter activities, and is the East's premier ski resort.
There are some summer/winter features that may distinguish this property from others. They are:
• Paneled living room with fireplace,
• Den with wet bar and wall hung flat screen TV
• Large back deck running length of house with magnificent SHORT RANGE views of Mansfield trails
• 3 bedrooms have beautiful views of the Mansfield trails, and 1 has views of the Worchester range
• Very large Master BR with fireplace, sittng area and private deck that has same magnificent short views of Mansfield ski trails
• Jacuzzi tub in MBath
• Private guest area with 2 bedrooms and separate hall and bath for 2nd family
• 3rd bedroom is very large in-law suite with mini kitchen, pull out sofa and views
• 4 HD TV’s and HD receivers, and LED and LCD TV’s
• CD music with intercom and radio/CD/Ipod system with speakers throughout the house,
• Large hot tub ((can accommodate 7-8) outside with views of mountain
• High end tasteful decorating
• Air conditioning throughout
• 6000 square feet of living space - large house
• Sunny rooms with high ceilings, beautiful trim work and moldings throughout the house
• Back up large generator that automatically starts with any loss of power
• Security system with 7 cameras, monitors and smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in or near each room area
• Lovely shaped large skating or swimming pond with privacy, mountain views, gazebo, and hills for sledding
• Property connects with area walking/cross country trails and has 6 private acres with beautiful views.
• Open, long sloping hills on property for children’s sledding in winter
• Robinson Springs has extensive walking/cross country trails that connect to larger system
• Access to Robinson Springs Association's private swimming and tennis
• Morning plowing (when snow over 3”) by the Robinson Springs Homeowners Association