Notting Hill Apartment Rental Photos and Description
2 Bedrooms+extra bed(s), 2 designer Bathrooms & Gardens, Zen Room, (Sleeps 1-6)
*AS SEEN ON ITV!*
LONDON’S BEST! TRULY UNIQUE, HAS IT ALL! Ambience, Amenities, Accessibility to Attractions, Attention & Care…
CENTRAL LONDON DESIGNER FLAT –A 2 BEDROOM 2 BATHROOM GARDEN OASIS IN THE HEART OF VIBRANT NOTTING HILL....
1. In the words of our Guests…
“Your search is over!!”
“This home is a magical place”
“We were truly blessed to have stayed here.”
“… gem of a flat in the middle of Notting Hill… just absolutely phenomenal”
“in a word, amazing “
“You get the hustle and bustle of London life with the peaceful, sanctuary feel of this home”
“has the most calming feeling inside.”
“It just felt like home.”
“i would only stay in this cozy flat which i feel completely at home at and never in a hotel ever again”
“the homeowners are very friendly and attentive”
“Before we even entered the home, we were already being well taken care of by Darshi as she arranged our transportation from the airport.”
“We were pleasantly surprised by the attention to detail from Darshi and her accessibility if we had any issues or questions. She even found a baby high chair for our son!”
“I can't say enough great things about the home and Darshi and her family. We were so welcomed and loved and I would stay there again in a heart beat!”
“It was a pleasure for me to know Darshita and her family. London is an amazing city, and staying in this place made the trip perfect”
“It's so beautiful and spacious”
“The living room is simple with beautiful artwork, yet perfectly fit for a child. The bathroom is phenomenal and we all took many relaxing baths in the large, inviting tub. The kitchen has everything you need and we slept comfortably in the bedrooms. The garden is out of a story book and hold your horses! There is a meditation room just off the garden, along with a second bathroom. Some mornings my son and I would sit in the meditation room after breakfast and just enjoy the rain on its roof. The energy of the home is inviting and really helped us to have a great trip in London.”
“The apartment has everything you need including one of the most amazing book collections i have ever seen. New widescreen tv, comfy couch, beautiful bathroom. The list goes on.”
“the bedroom opens into a terrace of over 200 square feet & you have an entire bathroom with a stand up shower & a bathtub separately”
“… a beautiful internal garden which lights up at night”
“Each detail was thought through and it was decorated with sensitivity and good taste.”
“All appliances worked perfectly”
“It's in a fantastic location”
“this is super well located in a very nice and quiet neighbourhood, and very close to bus stops and tube.”
“All the modern amenities you'd want with an amazing location with great access to the buses and a 5 minute walk to two tube stations.”
“....all the best shopping & eateries are literally around the corner and i would highly highly highly recommend this place without a single doubt!!”
2. Our Description
The property comprises:
• Bright and welcoming front patio, for those sunny morning breakfasts
• Hallway leading into a light & spacious reception room with 40 inch 3D Internet TV & extensive library, which opens up through glass French doors onto the front patio for an inside outside feel
• Stylish fitted kitchen with washer/dryer, dishwasher, gas hob, electric oven, fridge-freezer in a separate pantry
• Adjoining contemporary six-seater dining space
• Master bedroom with walk-in wardrobe and glass bi-folding doors providing additional access & views out to the rear private garden, which is remotely lit at night
• Second bedroom with additional glass bi-folding door access to rear private garden
• Contemporary designer main bathroom in ancient vault-barrelled coal cellar with a deep-soaking bath-for-two & shower head attachment, independent wet-room shower cubicle, separate his & her’s basins and toilet
• Second bathroom containing an independent wet-room shower cubicle, toilet and basin, with the delightfully elemental touch of leading out to the rear private garden
• Professionally designed tropical plant and travertine stone garden, with direct access from kitchen and both bedrooms
• The garden also has a secret Zen day room / conservatory for quiet reflection.
3. Location, Attractions & Famous Residents
Our home is in a residential area & benefits from being in the midst of popular London tourist attractions.
We list out some of those in-the-immediate-area attractions below (e.g. Portobello Market, Little Venice, Hyde Park etc)
However our personal favourite all-day “Circular Super-Tour of London” from home, is to walk or cycle from the apartment through Hyde Park, to Wellington Arch, into Green Park, to (see the Queen & the changing of the guards at) Buckingham Palace, down the Mall along St. James’ Park, to Trafalgar Square (and maybe popping by Piccadilly Circus to say hi to Anteros), looking up at the Horse Guards, strolling by the Prime Minister’s pad at No. 10 Downing Street, to the church of all the coronations of England’s kings and queens – Westminster Abbey – to the Houses of Parliament next door, and then across the mighty Thames into the London Aquarium and up on the wheel of The London Eye, and then continuing all along the south bank of the Thames from the Royal Festival Hall to Tate Modern, Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre, Borough Market, and then crossing the Millenium Bridge into the square mile of the financial City of London, to attend the marvel of an evensong under the dome of St. Paul’s Cathedral… before catching a tube directly back home to Notting Hill (possibly via dinner and theatre / musical in the West End) for a well deserved long soak in the heavenly bath tub… :-)
And here are some of the attractions in the immediate vicinity:
• Catching the quirky vibe of the famous Portobello Market (10 min walk away),
• At the corner of our road, enjoying a pint or two and great food in two of ‘London’s Pub of the Year,’ Conran’s - The Cow and The Westbourne, and in a plethora of hip & trendy and other diverse pubs, restaurants & nightclubs in Notting Hill, Bayswater & Queensway, etc (5-15 mins walk)
• Immersing yourself (10 min walk) into the enchanting canal world of Little Venice
• From where you can take quaint water-buses or kayaks to the scintillating market & attractions of Camden Lock, Regent’s Park, London Zoo (20 min)
• Running, roller-blading, cycling, boating or horse-riding in Hyde Park, Central London’s largest green space hosting the late Princess Diana’s home at Kensington Palace, the Kensington Gardens, the waterways of the Serpentine, Speakers’ Corner, various outdoor art installations / sculptures & the Serpentine Gallery (20 min walk or 10 min bus / cycle ride away), as well as visiting the nearby Royal Albert Hall for the music enthusiasts, shopping attractions of High Street Kensington, the V&A, Natural History and Science museums (20-25 min bus ride away)
Beware too! You might just run into famous celebrity residents such as supermodels Claudia Schiffer & Elle Macpherson, singers Robbie Williams & Madonna, or walk to the book-shop where Hugh Grant meets Julia Roberts in the movie Notting Hill!!
4. Multiple Transport Links
- Heathrow Airport is a door-to-door 15 minutes journey by Heathrow Express into Paddington plus a short Taxi / bus ride (i.e 15+15 min)
- Royal Oak (5 min walk)
- Bayswater (7 min walk)
- Queensway (10 min walk)
- Notting Hill (12 min walk)
- Paddington (15 min walk)
- Paddington (15 min walk) for the Heathrow Express and other mainline cross-country trains
- King’s Cross & St. Pancras Intl (20 min by tube) for Eurostar connections with Paris, Brussels, etc.
- London Victoria (20-25 min by tube)
- 7, 28, 31, 70, 328 from St. Stephens Gardens (1 min walk)
- 18 from Royal Oak (5 mins walk)
- 23, 27 Westbourne Grove (5 mins walk)
• Convenience stores
- Waitrose: (5 min walk) The Colonnades, 30 Porchester Road, W2 6ES
- Marks & Spencers: (10 min walk) Whiteleys, 151 Queensway, W2 4YT
- Tesco: (15 min walk) 62-64 Queensway, Greater London W2 3RL
- Planet Organic: (5 min walk) 42 Westbourne Grove, London W2 5SH
- Sainsbury: (5 min walk) 88-93 Westbourne Grove, London W2 5RT
We are looking for long term tenants i.e. more than 90 days.
No rental should contravene Section 171 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
- non smoking only
- children welcome
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Events Allowed
Our ‘Lila’ Family
We are a loving close knit tri-continental family who see our dreams through to creation and inspire others to create theirs!
Rowan is a top international lawyer, playfully-provoking life-coach, who loves adventure, dares to visualise outside not just the box but the entire machine that produces the box ;-) and brings his vision to fruition!
Nature, adventure & music lover, Rowan is an inspirational father & student to his goddesses-at-home; 4 year old Tara & loving husband & best friend to wife Darshi.
Darshi is a Chartered Accountant, Coach & Consultant, Entrepreneur caring wife & yummy mummy! She has led her life through fearless vision, constantly shifting paradigms and inspiring those around her with how embodied-grace & courage can transform the unexpected.
Tara is life-force personified! Our 4 year old dynamite speaks with the maturity of a 44 year old at times, gives stage artists a run for their money, embraces radical change that people of all ages can learn from & and yet warms the hearts of those around her with her unique innocence...
Jack is the newest addition to our family, recently migrated to London from Australia, has a strong record of professional experience in the service industry and he will be our face, voice, eyes & ears to You!
Darshita purchased this apartment in 2000
Why Darshita chose Notting Hill
London is a charming city, and to be immersed in the charm makes London even more a beautiful place to visit.
My first 2 years of being in & exploring London were an absolute delight and i attribute it to the location of the apartment. The proximity to key attractions, the shops and convenience stores around, the easy transport links, and of course not to miss the saturday walks to Portobello Market & the annual Notting Hill carnival that passes right outside the street... are all very good reasons to say that this is indeed the very best place to base from in London.
Guestbook comments from the owner
You get the hustle and bustle of London life with the peaceful, sanctuary feel of this home. It's so beautiful and spacious. All the modern amenities you'd want with an amazing location with great access to the buses and a 5 minute walk to two tube stations. My husband, baby and I stayed here for a little under two weeks and were pleasantly surprised by the attention to detail from Darshi and her accessibility if we had any issues or questions. She even found a baby high chair for our son! The living room is simple with beautiful artwork, yet perfectly fit for a child. The bathroom is phenomenal and we all took many relaxing baths in the large, inviting tub. The kitchen has everything you need and we slept comfortably in the bedrooms. The garden is out of a story book and hold your horses! There is a meditation room just off the garden, along with a second bathroom. Some mornings my son and I would sit in the meditation room after breakfast and just enjoy the rain on its roof. The energy of the home is inviting and really helped us to have a great trip in London. Before we even entered the home, we were already being well taken care of by Darshi as she arranged our transportation from the airport. I can't say enough great things about the home and Darshi and her family. We were so welcomed and loved and I would stay there again in a heart beat! Thank you so much.